I have here a few pictures of my Lego town (Everyone has to have some sort of Lego city :tongue: ). It's not the best, and is certainly a WIP, as you'll see. It's based off of a fictional version of the town of Paderbourne, where my Graphic novel and films are set in. I built the main locations of the films, plus some town essentials. Let's get started with an overview!

2013-05-18203828.jpg

It is fairly packed in the center, but the 'outskirts' of the town are sparse for now. I'll give a quick zoom in onto each building, and provide a screenshot of the 'real thing' too, if there is one. :classic: First is the blue house, General Vogel's.

2013-05-18203924.jpg

In the film, it appears very different, but this is what it'll look like in the novel, I based it off of what images I could find of German buildings, like these ones:

colmar-traditional-houses.jpg

When I get a chance, i'll post some more interesting photos of the interior and the small party going on. Next is a typical Lego house, white and red roofed:

2013-05-18204026.jpg

I really like the design of the creator houses, and I tried to copy a basic version of their designs. Sadly, I didn't make the house very accessible and i'll have to dismantle it to get inside :cry_sad: In the darkness brought on by the shelves at the back is a nice, simple garden.

2013-05-18204133.jpg

It even has a fountain, made by three bricks, including a flick-fire missile. I'm going to build a fire station just opposite this house, and maybe a café on the other side of the road, but space is tight. Next is the star building of the films/novel, the Clinic!

2013-05-18204209.jpg

It 'belongs' to Edward, who is the main character, a low-budget doctor who's trying to get by in the war. He never finished medical school, but does his best to earn money in the town. He's the one in the foreground on the white motorcycle. If I had that Ron Weasley hair, it'd be much better for him! Anyways, here is a shot of the 'real' clinic.

Clinic.png

I only included the main part of the Clinic, which is where the building title is in that picture. I think I reproduced the general look of the building pretty well, and the interior will be closely matched too, but it's not made at the moment. Please don't ask me why it's called that, because I myself no longer remember why :laugh: . Moving swiftly along to the upper part of town, which is in progress, 'Black Market way'.

2013-05-18204230.jpg

What a mess.. the building on the right will be a wooden shed, the Black Market. I could only find this bad picture:

BlackMarket.png

The building further up is the Taverne Fur Betrukene, which will have a brown base, and grey top for the windows.

Taverne.png

I'll also use either skeleton legs or those white 1x4 fences for the fence, i'm not sure which would look better.

Finally, for the moment, is where the train station will be:

2013-05-18204259.jpg

I haven't really done too much with this yet, but there will be a train station, and on the side of the tracks on the right, there will be a Poker club, the base of the Resistance. I'll post more pictures once i make more progress on the town! Please leave me some CC on what to do, and what things the town could use to improve it, i'd really appreciate it. Are there any sets under €45 that would make a good addition? I'm thinking of a creator set maybe with birthday money..

Axle

Indeed, this looks quite interesting. Although I am actually living near Paderborn in Germany I must admit I don't have a clue to what you're referring with your setting. "Taverne für Betrunkene" and "The Stoned Patients" - are those pics taken from your own film? Is that a serious film about WWII? The characters you name - are they fictional? There might have been a General Vogel, but the name Edward clearly isn't German. So many questions ... :wink: Would be very nice if we could get some more background information to understand what you are planning.

Anyhow - isn't this rather a military subject?

Indeed, this looks quite interesting. Although I am actually living near Paderborn in Germany I must admit I don't have a clue to what you're referring with your setting. "Taverne für Betrunkene" and "The Stoned Patients" - are those pics taken from your own film? Is that a serious film about WWII? The characters you name - are they fictional? There might have been a General Vogel, but the name Edward clearly isn't German. So many questions ... :wink: Would be very nice if we could get some more background information to understand what you are planning.

Anyhow - isn't this rather a military subject?

As I said, it's a fictional version of Paderborn, that was just the town I happened to pick for the story. I have very little knowledge of the real place, other than that there's a castle Wewelsburg there. If you had any other appropriate information on the town, it'd be much appreciated. :classic: The places aren't real places, but the pictures are taken from my film. It's not a serious film at all, it's a comedy film, in short :grin: The characters are original, but I was trying to go for the 60's/70's typical WWII film Germans, speaking English with spots of German here and there. I can link you to the film if you like, if it helps to understand this. :classic: As for this MOC, I'm just making it to get a good idea how the town would be laid out, where buildings would be in relation to each other, which will help in the Graphic Novel. I suppose it would be military, but i'm trying to focus on making a WWII town, not on the army itself, but if the moderators feel it's more for a more appropriate forum, i'd have no problem :tongue:

Edited by Axle