Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #69: The Hook on the Other Hand

"That might be a point. Sofia, have you been treated well by Rorik?"

Dreyrugr whispered to Nessa, "You might want to back up. Even if it's a strange answer let it slide. She's our employer. If she wanted to get away with murder all she had to do was let the case go. By involving us it would spell trouble for her if she was the culprit. No one would blame her if she didn't hire someone to see the case through, with the clues we have we will have little to go on but she did hire us being the culprit she wouldn't have left the room as is for us as if we did trace it back to her it would bel bad news for her. The chances of her being the murderer are virtually nil when taking those things into account."

Dreyrugr whispered to Nessa, "You might want to back up. Even if it's a strange answer let it slide. She's our employer. If she wanted to get away with murder all she had to do was let the case go. By involving us it would spell trouble for her if she was the culprit. No one would blame her if she didn't hire someone to see the case through, with the clues we have we will have little to go on but she did hire us being the culprit she wouldn't have left the room as is for us as if we did trace it back to her it would bel bad news for her. The chances of her being the murderer are virtually nil when taking those things into account."

Nessa whispered back: "You might be right. But since I came to Eubric I've seen a lot of strange things. I guess you did so, too, as you seem to be my companion all the time. But it also indicates the personality of Rorik. If he was a bad person - whatever that means - he probably had some more - unknown - enemies... more than the Hinckwells and Shadeaux perhaps."

"That might be a point. Sofia, have you been treated well by Rorik?"

Sofia stared for a moment, as if surprised Nessa could even ask such a question.

8742461935_848c6bf4c7_t.jpg

"Very well, yes."

You don't have to move from Rorik's room to downstairs as a group if you don't want to. As long as you're all in the same building. :thumbup:

"I'm going down. Act like I'm not related to you." Stated Sylph as he moved towards the door. He turned back to the crew. "Looks like..." Started Sylph, temporarily unequipping his glasses, "... We've got an ax to grind." He walked out of the room and down to the bar so that he could maintain the impression he was not related to the Heroes.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!!!!

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"I'm going down. Act like I'm not related to you."

"Ditto." Dreyrugr waits a while before going down to the bar. He then looks around to see who is still at the bar.

"Ditto." Dreyrugr waits a while before going down to the bar. He then looks around to see who is still at the bar.

Everyone who was in the bar before remains, save for the hooded girl Nessa annoyed out.

Well great, I was gonna try her next. Oh well.

Dreyrugr takes note of the mercenary looking one holding a sword. Dreyrugr wasn't going to push his luck so he'd leave someone else to glean information from them. He sees the bard still around and decides to try luck with him. Dreyrugr walks up to the bard. "Have you been playing around here long?"

Dreyrugr takes note of the mercenary looking one holding a sword. Dreyrugr wasn't going to push his luck so he'd leave someone else to glean information from them. He sees the bard still around and decides to try luck with him. Dreyrugr walks up to the bard. "Have you been playing around here long?"

8742462197_a64930c7ae_t.jpg

"Only about a month or so, sir. I travel around a lot, most aren't willing to tip the same bard twice..."

Everyone who was in the bar before remains, save for the hooded girl Nessa annoyed out.

Sylph returned to the bar and sat down in his previous seat.

"'You renting a room here?" he asked Natnail. "They're not too bad." he said, sounding mildly impressed. "Beats the appartments in the hovels where I had to stay after I lost my memories..." Sylph talked at him slowly while the man swilled his bevarages. "But then I came across an old friend of mine who reminded me of my previous employ... He had a bounty on his head." Stated Sylph, chuckling, seemingly pleased with himself. "We all gotta do what we gotta do to get by. Amiright? If only them jobs were more easy to come by... Who's your top employer? Who's the most reliable power when it comes to hiring mercenaries?"

OoC: She knows, man! She went to go tell her employer that the Heroes are here... But it'll turn out that she was behind it the whole time. Never trust a mysterious cloaked figure. :facepalm:

Edited by Dannylonglegs

OoC: She knows, man! She went to go tell her employer that the Heroes are here... But it'll turn out that she was behind it the whole time. Never trust a mysterious cloaked figure. :facepalm:

The fight comes to us.......cool. :classic:

"Only about a month or so, sir. I travel around a lot, most aren't willing to tip the same bard twice..."

Dreyrugr puts on a smile to act sociable. "Travelling. Always seeing new places and meeting new people. It gets tiring after a while. I'd take my hat of to you but it's rather attached to my head." Dreyrugr chuckles while tossing the bard a gold coin. "I'd like to become a great writer but I'm new to it and need inspiration. I'd heard of this inn being welcoming to all species. The things that occur around here must be interesting. For another gold coin would you tell me everything you have experienced thus far here?"

Upstairs, Erik turns to Pretzel and Nessa. "I'm gonna try and talk to the mercenary. Looked like Dreyrugr tried making up a story, but it fell through, so I might have to be a bit honest. Could one of you distract the orange lady?"

He waits long enough to seem unrelated to Dreyrugr, then goes down the stairs.

He looks over to see if the mercenary is still talking to the orange lady, and if so, waits until their conversation is finished.

Once it is, he casually walks over.

"Mind a chat, sir?"

I edited because i thought CMP was offline. But he's posting.

Un-edited.

Edited by Myrddyn

"So where was that hooded girl? I have some more question." Nessa mumbled as she went downstairs. As she arrived she saw everyone was chit chatting with each other but the girl was gone. 'Oh great', she thought. 'Now what's next?'. As Nessa saw Erik talking to the mercenary she remembered his words upstairs and went to the orange lady. "Hello there. My Name is Nessa Anárion and I am a..." That had not brought the wished result the last time she said something like that. "Well... a... saleswoman. I am here to meet up with a business partner. We haven't met before. This meeting was arranged. I dob't know his name. Do you happen to know if any merchants are here in this inn?"

Sylph returned to the bar and sat down in his previous seat.

"'You renting a room here?" he asked Natnail. "They're not too bad." he said, sounding mildly impressed. "Beats the appartments in the hovels where I had to stay after I lost my memories..." Sylph talked at him slowly while the man swilled his bevarages. "But then I came across an old friend of mine who reminded me of my previous employ... He had a bounty on his head." Stated Sylph, chuckling, seemingly pleased with himself. "We all gotta do what we gotta do to get by. Amiright? If only them jobs were more easy to come by... Who's your top employer? Who's the most reliable power when it comes to hiring mercenaries?"

8742461975_df80a3ba03_t.jpg

"Aye. Cheap place and few rats, hah. Best employer? Most of my business is protectin' trade caravans bound for other cities overland or seas. As for the best, any one that can serve a decent drink on the road."

Dreyrugr puts on a smile to act sociable. "Travelling. Always seeing new places and meeting new people. It gets tiring after a while. I'd take my hat of to you but it's rather attached to my head." Dreyrugr chuckles while tossing the bard a gold coin. "I'd like to become a great writer but I'm new to it and need inspiration. I'd heard of this inn being welcoming to all species. The things that occur around here must be interesting. For another gold coin would you tell me everything you have experienced thus far here?"

"That it does, sir."

Boris smiled as Dreyugr tossed a coin into his jar, the third of the day.

"Indeed, it's a shame that us creative types are so reliant on how others see our work to expect any kind of profit...the events around here are plenty exciting enough for me, I must say. Between the barfights, conversations, and travelling sellswords, there's always something of interest to pay attention to. Now a bard can't go around giving his life story for such a pittance, I'm afraid, but perhaps there's some particular topic you'd like to hear about? A lot passes through taverns like these..."

Upstairs, Erik turns to Pretzel and Nessa. "I'm gonna try and talk to the mercenary. Looked like Dreyrugr tried making up a story, but it fell through, so I might have to be a bit honest. Could one of you distract the orange lady?"

He waits long enough to seem unrelated to Dreyrugr, then goes down the stairs.

He looks over to see if the mercenary is still talking to the orange lady, and if so, waits until their conversation is finished.

Once it is, he casually walks over.

"Mind a chat, sir?"

The mercenary was now sitting silent away from the orange lady, and unlike most of the bar, he nursed no drink in his hand.

8742461929_981dfe702c_t.jpg

"Of course. Who do I have the pleasure of chatting with?" he hissed, coolly, yet softly.

"So where was that hooded girl? I have some more question." Nessa mumbled as she went downstairs. As she arrived she saw everyone was chit chatting with each other but the girl was gone. 'Oh great', she thought. 'Now what's next?'. As Nessa saw Erik talking to the mercenary she remembered his words upstairs and went to the orange lady. "Hello there. My Name is Nessa Anárion and I am a..." That had not brought the wished result the last time she said something like that. "Well... a... saleswoman. I am here to meet up with a business partner. We haven't met before. This meeting was arranged. I dob't know his name. Do you happen to know if any merchants are here in this inn?"

The orange woman looked up at the elven ranger.

8743578912_55a6809fb6_t.jpg

"Merchant? The red one is, I think, used to have some man along but stopped showing his face few days ago," she explained in her gargling, foreign voice. "I was supposed to meet another, different merchant, but didn't show. Damn vahnrksk."

"The name's Erik Tyrvarr. Some would call me a hero. I'm here about a murder, and I'm pleased to say that you are not under suspicion at all. I was just wondering if you'd seen any Shadeaux, Hinckwells or Blue Assasins around here? Or anyone who left whom you didn't see enter?

"The name's Erik Tyrvarr. Some would call me a hero. I'm here about a murder, and I'm pleased to say that you are not under suspicion at all. I was just wondering if you'd seen any Shadeaux, Hinckwells or Blue Assasins around here? Or anyone who left whom you didn't see enter?

"You may called me Soryx Dourskull. My sincerest apologies Mr. Tyrvarr, I've seen nobody of either house. I'm not sure what Blue Assassins look like - that's more or less the point of assassins - but I did see a fellow in blue around here not two hours ago. I could not say when he entered or left, however, my focus is to find my own target."

"Ah, thank you, Mr Dourskull. I'm not sure what Blue Assassins look like either, but I had assumed they were blue. Mind if I ask about your target?

"Ah, thank you, Mr Dourskull. I'm not sure what Blue Assassins look like either, but I had assumed they were blue. Mind if I ask about your target?

"Of course. I am more a demon hunter than mercenary or sellsword, you see. I have studied the subject quite extensively, and are full aware of the threat such beings can pose to our world with the right conditions. My jobs general consist of slaying those who would call them to this world. My current target is a necromancer I believe is staying at this inn, skilled in the conjuring both the undead and the demonic. I have found his room, but it's locked with a rather complex mechanism I have been unable to crack. I assume he knows I am here. Now it is only a matter of time before he must leave, though given my way I would prefer not to endanger the rest of the inn."

"Sounds like a noble cause. I myself have had some experience dealing with people like that. Perhaps I could lend a hand?"

"Sounds like a noble cause. I myself have had some experience dealing with people like that. Perhaps I could lend a hand?"

Soryx appraises Erik with beady yellow eyes.

"Perhaps you could. If you could help me gain entrance to his room, it would move things along and lower the risk of collateral damage significantly. I can show you to the door and its lock whenever you are prepared, but I must warn you we are sure to have a fight on our hands if we enter. Perhaps you have companions to assist us," Soryx suggested, casting an eye towards Dreyugr and Sylph, obviously suspicious of their true occupations.

"Very well. I'll pass the message on to them, and get back to you when they're informed."

Erik wandered over to Dreyrugr and Borris. He nodded in greeting to the bard, and waited for the vampire to conclude his business. When he did, Erik said "I see you carry weapons. Don't suppose you'd like a bit of exercise?" Before casually walking with Dreyrugr out of earshot of any nearby non-heroes to quickly relay Soryx' message, as well as asking him to forward it to Sylph and Nessa if he got the chance.

After that, he ambled quickly but casually upstairs to Pretzel, and told him the same thing.

Edited by Myrddyn

"That it does, sir."

Boris smiled as Dreyugr tossed a coin into his jar, the third of the day.

"Indeed, it's a shame that us creative types are so reliant on how others see our work to expect any kind of profit...the events around here are plenty exciting enough for me, I must say. Between the barfights, conversations, and travelling sellswords, there's always something of interest to pay attention to. Now a bard can't go around giving his life story for such a pittance, I'm afraid, but perhaps there's some particular topic you'd like to hear about? A lot passes through taverns like these..."

"Well in a way everyone is reliant on something, though some more than others right? Hmm, well I'd like to write about nice things but that sadly would probably never sell." Dreyrugr sighs as if deeply saddened. "What happens when things get ugly? Anything particularly bad happen around here recently? And not just bad but really.........well you get the picture. It's a shame that it's those types of things that excite society isn't it?"

"Well in a way everyone is reliant on something, though some more than others right? Hmm, well I'd like to write about nice things but that sadly would probably never sell." Dreyrugr sighs as if deeply saddened. "What happens when things get ugly? Anything particularly bad happen around here recently? And not just bad but really.........well you get the picture. It's a shame that it's those types of things that excite society isn't it?"

"Indeed it is...seems as if the songs of war and battle are oft the most requested. As for bad things happening around here, well, there was a fight the other day between the man at the bar and the Selkreeth in the corner."

"Indeed it is...seems as if the songs of war and battle are oft the most requested. As for bad things happening around here, well, there was a fight the other day between the man at the bar and the Selkreeth in the corner."

"The world truly is in a sad state of affairs. Selkreeth, do you mind pointing him out for me? What was the nature of the fight?"

The orange woman looked up at the elven ranger.

8743578912_55a6809fb6_t.jpg

"Merchant? The red one is, I think, used to have some man along but stopped showing his face few days ago," she explained in her gargling, foreign voice. "I was supposed to meet another, different merchant, but didn't show. Damn vahnrksk."

"May I ask you what kind of business you are attending here?"