Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Thank you brick doctor who posts a pic that isn't cut off as I said before to infernum the pic was cut in half @ the chosen 1!

Whats about the pic Joker 1 posted 2 weeks ago, it shows the full calendar!

I think it´s the best Hoth Han around and really hope to get one. To bad theres only one OT set.

Whats about the pic Joker 1 posted 2 weeks ago, it shows the full calendar!

I think it´s the best Hoth Han around and really hope to get one. To bad theres only one OT set.

I didnt see that one as infernum and the chosen one said look back a few pages did not give an exact page number and so I thought infernum was talking about his own post

After seeing thst duel on geonosis image, I REALLY want it. It looks like it can be easily modded with 4 sets!

I really want the Duel on Geonosis, the Tank Droid, Spider Droid and the advent calendar. But that Mando Speeder is so tempting- I already have quite a few Mandalorians but I don't want a CW Darth Maul- even with the robotic legs. The funny thing is, I made a MOC Mando Speeder before this one came out and the fronts look practically identical!

The Mando speeder, from where is this suppose to be? I haven´t followed the Clone wars series much but in the set Maul has the black light sabre

so it seems that he has killed Pre Visla and is the leader of the Deathwatch but why is his legs there robotic?

This may have been disussed already but if someone that knows his SW could answer this, it would be nice.

For the sets, this set and the Tank Droid sets are what I am intrested in.

Edited by Mencot

The Mando speeder, from where is this suppose to be? I haven´t followed the Clone wars series much but in the set Maul has the black light sabre so it seems that he has killed Pre Visla and is the leader of the Deathwatch but why is his legs there robotic?

This may have been disussed already but if someone that knows his SW could answer this, it would be nice.

For the sets, this set and the Tank Droid sets are what I am intrested in.

Maul had his legs replaced with those since Obi-Wan cut them off in Phantom Menace; that's the general story as far as I know.

I want them all!

I think we all would, too. :P

Maul had his legs replaced with those since Obi-Wan cut them off in Phantom Menace; that's the general story as far as I know.

Yes that is the story I also know and then he is killed in a dual with Obi-Wan on tatooine years later but it seems that the Clone wars series have changed this and there for Maul should not have those legs after he has gotten the black light sabre. Oh well it really doesn´t matter much, this can be nitpicking but was intrested on what story Lego is following here with that set?

Edited by Mencot

Yes that is the story I also know and then he is killed in a dual with Obi-Wan on tatooine years later but it seems that the Clone wars series have changed this and there for Maul should not have those legs. Oh well it really doesn´t matter much but was intrested on what story Lego is following here with that set?

I don't recall him being killed on Tatooine, the duel with Obi-Wan was on Naboo if that's what you're talking about. They probably had a re-encounter in the series, though.

Yes that is the story I also know and then he is killed in a dual with Obi-Wan on tatooine years later but it seems that the Clone wars series have changed this and there for Maul should not have those legs after he has gotten the black light sabre. Oh well it really doesn´t matter much, this can be nitpicking but was intrested on what story Lego is following here with that set?

I think that is one of those little continuity errors that crop up from time to time because of the long lead times in Lego set design and production. Lego was probably working off concept art and already established 3d models when they designed the set. At that time he rendered model of Maul being used was with the clunky robot legs Mother Talsin game him. By the time he episode aired he seems to have gained some more humanoid looking droid legs, but no one has said why?

I believe the Obi Wan Maul duel on Tatooine comes from a Dark Horse comic book, so it isn't exactly firm cannon.

New magnets :

[snip]

Am I missing something, or do those seem to not have the glued on magnet base? As in you can pretty much buy just a single fig?

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

I believe the Obi Wan Maul duel on Tatooine comes from a Dark Horse comic book, so it isn't exactly firm cannon.

Yes this was the dual years later I was talking about and yes as the events of the clone wars series it won´t probably be cannon.

Good thing here is we get some robotic lego legs that could be used for some killer cyborg thingy :sweet:

Hey, stop talking about The Clone Wars on here. You guys are not using spoiler tags and some of us have not seen season 5 yet. I skipped through half this page because I was not wanting to see a spoiler.

Has LEGO finally found a way around the whole 'no single figures' business? :oh: It looks like the magnets are containers and the fig could be easily removed from them...

Has LEGO finally found a way around the whole 'no single figures' business? :oh: It looks like the magnets are containers and the fig could be easily removed from them...

I don't think this is their way around the inability to sell licensed single figures, because the magnet 'figs that weren't glued to the magnet brick didn't make it around that, either. (No idea about the original magnet 'figs with the magnets in the figure; I don't know if those were discontinued because of legal issues, because of the small magnets that could come loose and be swallowed; or a combination of both.)

Anyways, my guess is that they're glued to those discs behind the minifigs with the environment print on them. Looking at the ones in the bottom row and on the far left and right in that photo, one can clearly see that the 'fig and the environment picture are in front of/on top of a black disc.

Anyways, my guess is that they're glued to those discs behind the minifigs with the environment print on them. Looking at the ones in the bottom row and on the far left and right in that photo, one can clearly see that the 'fig and the environment picture are in front of/on top of a black disc.

I think you're right, the disks look to be the magnet part. But I'm not sure if they're glued to it. I assume that if the figures were glued to it then it would be the back of the legs where the glue would be, but Vader and Maul have capes hanging straight down behind them. Hopefully we find out more on these, if they're not glued than that would be awesome.

Edited by strangely

I was just looking at the first page of this topic, and I noticed that the UCS X-wing wasn't listed, but there is a template for a UCS set.

The magnets might have a plate attached to them and the minifigure clips on, like the Comic-Con superheroes.

I was just looking at the first page of this topic, and I noticed that the UCS X-wing wasn't listed, but there is a template for a UCS set.

Shhh! You saw nothing.

Thanks, it's been fixed. :classic:

Duel on Geonosis looks like a nice playset. I love the landing bay too. And the fact you could also recreate the duel between Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku with it is also awesome.

And...100th post!

Am I the only one that thinks that the Republic Gunship is lacking in features? The 2002 version had an opening engine and an opening command center, and ball turrets. The 2008 Clone Wars model had a smaller command center (but it was still there), a bacta tank, spy droids, a bigger landing bay, a speeder bike, and storage in the back above the rear turret. 75021 seems to only contain a removable turret section, ball turrets, a slightly bigger landing bay than the 2002 version, a smaller speeder bike, and storage in the back like the 2008 model. A lot of feature space seems to be wasted with the carrying handle.

That said, I'll still buy it.

That was a non-canon comic, even when it was written.