Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I agree; I thought for sure we'd hear news about a Geonosis Arena set. In the meantime, it remains on my wanted list... :sceptic:

Well there's always 2014 and every year after that. So I still have hope that Lego will come up with some scenes that deserve to be made into sets.

I just wish they would do more "deluxe" playsets like the 10188 Death Star. Like give us a $200+ cloud city, geonosis arena, jedi temple, full cantina etc. etc... Also, they should really continue with the adaptable sets like Palace+Rancor Pit or the LOTR sets where you can attach the walls to Helms Deep. That would really go a long ways. In fact they could even do multi-configurations for something like Mos Eisley streets where one add on set can be built differently to look like separate buildings on the streets of Mos Eisley. That way if people want, they can buy multiple of the same $40 set and really build a big street setup. I don't know, I feel like there are a lot of options here and we keep seeing reworks. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for a new RGS and ATTE, but there are so many other pieces of the cinematic universe I want to see in brick form :(

Edited by calisupra2nr

^^ Completely agree. Although I have a feeling that Lego has something up their sleeves. I think one of the reasons 10188 has stayed around for so long is so that Lego can determine what the next big UCS playset will be. Whether or not we get something new this year remains to be seen.

Thank you all very much for this news! :classic:

Since I don't own the old Sail Barge, I highly welcome a new Jabba's Sail Barge - esp. since it seems to come with even one or two more really new minfigures. :thumbup:

Since I own - apart from the ugly Hoth Base from 2011 and the older AT-ATs - every Hoth set, I'm glad to get some more and really detailed trenches for a Battle of Hoth diorama. :thumbup:

The only thing I'm waiting for years concerning Hoth is a decent Hoth Base which is closed on three sides and includes some seperated rooms with detailes interior. :cry_sad:

I just wish they would do more "deluxe" playsets like the 10188 Death Star. Like give us a $200+ cloud city, geonosis arena, jedi temple, full cantina etc. etc... Also, they should really continue with the adaptable sets like Palace+Rancor Pit or the LOTR sets where you can attach the walls to Helms Deep. That would really go a long ways. In fact they could even multi-configurations for something like Mos Eisley streets where one add on set can be built differently to look like separate buildings on the streets of Mos Eisley. That way if people want, they can buy multiple of the same $40 set and really build a big street setup. I don't know I feel like there are a lot of options here and we keep seeing reworks. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for a new RGS and ATTE, but there are so many other pieces of the cinematic universe I want to see in brick form :(

I completely agree with you, calisupra2nr!

I'm waiting for a Cloud City in 10188 style and size and a decent Mos Eisley Cantina since years! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I thoroughly enjoy dioramas. I managed to score both the wampa and hoth base. I also got the scarlacc skiff, palace, and pit. I'm welcoming both respective additions with open arms. I'd love a carbonite chamber or cloud city halls. They will most likely push the OT sets come their 3D showing years.

Does that Hoth set imply a new AT-AT to anyone else?

I really hope so. I've missed out on all of the ones prior. I wouldn't mind it at all.

But the problem with most of the EU is that a lot of people won't be familiar with it, especially the target audience of Children. Is a kid going to buy the set of their favourite scene from the movie, or a set of a scene from the EU which they likely don't know about?

I am a bit disappointed there is no AOTC Arena playset coming later in the year (as far as we know), or a Jango's Slave 1 (last Slave 1 was 2010, so it might be a bit too soon for a new one). Those were the two AOTC sets I really wanted to see.

:laugh:

Just remember guys that we could get these sets as the summer exclusives. be optimistic. Who knows what TLG will give us as the exclusives

Sail barge has Jabba, Leia, Luke, R2, Chewie, and Max Rebo by the looks of it. It is also AWESOME!

Republic Gunship looks to have two super battle droids, Padme, Two Jedi (Anakin?) and two clone troopers. Has the side bubble turrets two!

Looks like there will be posters included. :sceptic:

Hope we get more pics soon!

Yeah the rgs has cw Anakin as a placeholder, but one of the clones is a pilot (looks to be the same old helmet mild though, unless this is a prelim) the barge looks a bit too chibi for my taste...

Also, I don't think its chewie in the barge, as the box shows kithaba or one of the cw weequays as a prelim, so here's hoping for a new ot weequay pirate

I love that sail barge- I missed the first one, so this one is high up on my list. The only thing in the gunship that interests me is the new Padme.

The gunship looks like a few details were changed with regards to 7676. Based on this pic, I prefer the design of 7676. The composition of minifigs (Obi Wan, Anakin, Padme, 2 Troopers, 2 Super Battle Droids) looks pretty good though.

Edited by Brickadeer

Can I ask when the new 2013 sets are coming out? Is it in the beginning of January?

The first wave is already out in official Lego Stores and also at Toysrus. Other stores will be releasing them next week most likely. The Summer wave will be out in June.

That sail barge is a huge letdown. The figures look odd with them staring out the window like "Hey!".

-Sci

No please. The last AT-AT was a step in the wrong direction. LEGO should wait 5 years before releasing another version.

Ditto. Smaller, less features/detail, and more expensive- that set was the epitome of Lego's price hikes these days.

As far as the new sets go, I know they're just prelims, but they're still very disappointing. The barge is just :sick: although its figure selection is great. Just look at that nose! I understand what Lego was trying to do with the sloping but it just didn't come out right... And the RGS is another rehash, unless it has some new features we can't see yet.

But these are prelims, so now the waiting game begins- I'll wait for the finalized products, and who knows? I might eat my words if they turn out OK :grin:

Sail barge has Jabba, Leia, Luke, R2, Chewie, and Max Rebo by the looks of it.

The third minifig from the left looks like Ree-Yees to me, not Luke. :wink:

I can't wait to see then new gunship finished, I'm getting this one. The sail barge doesn't appeal to me, but that Rebo figure. :wub:

Wow, is that Rebo? Never thought I'd see him as a minifig. However, I have no interest whatsoever in these sets, which is not a bad thing as I need to save some money for other themes. Hopefully the other sets wont be so disappointing.