Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Sat through the Yoda Chronicles Twice tonight. I'm a little disappointed that we only got the briefest of glimpses of the actual Jek 14 stealth fighter in this episode of the Yoda Chronicles. I hadn't realized that it was part 1 of 3. With the next two parts to be aired later in the summer. Bummer. I was hoping to get some better all around looks at the ships design. Also while we did get a better idea on the central minifig in the set, Jek 14 the other three remain a mystery. (Although I did notice that the blue Stormtrooper with the Shield seems pretty close to some early Ralph McQuarrie concept art for the Stormtroopers.)

Overall I didn't pick up on much in the way of potential new sets from the show. Well unless you want a Jedi School Bus or a Disco Lit Millennium Falcon. (OK OK I admit it. I want a gold chained 70's afro'd disco king Lando's Father fig. Just because!)

I think lego is saving something along those lines for next year. 2014 actually pretty big for LSW since it's its 15th Anniversary and the last year we see a lto of OT sets really. Don't give you hopes up now because I think 2014 will be the best year yet.

I hope so, but I doubt Lego will give us both of those sets next year. There is always the possibility that lego might mess it up though, and make the cantina a small set which is what i'm really dreading.

Can anyone confirm if a Ewok Village set has been confirmed by TLG for this year. I will be stunned if such a set has been confirmed, but hopefully it won't cost too much like Cloud City (2003 set)

It has been confirmed by a few really reliable sources such as Grogall. TLG themselves haven't come out and said that it's going to happen, but Grogall posted in the exclusive set thread (and here) that it was going to happen and I'm definitely not one to second guess the wisdom of Grogall :wink:

The price he confirmed it at was 249.99 euros.

Edited by Spider-Man

It has been confirmed by a few really reliable sources such as Grogall. TLG themselves haven't come out and said that it's going to happen, but Grogall posted in the exclusive set thread (and here) that it was going to happen and I'm definitely not one to second guess the wisdom of Grogall :wink:

Quite a lot if this rumour is true. Lets hope it is

I can't imagine this Ewok Village set being that good. Paying for a bunch of trees and tree huts and a small army of Ewoks? I hope it comes with an AT-ST or something.

I think it will be a great set, but there needs to be things inside the huts, and one thing in particular comes to mind, and thats a lego hammock. I would just absolutely love to see that inside of the huts (or hut depends on how many they put in). I know it sounds like a strange request but come on how good would it be to open the hut and it reveal a lego hammock for the Ewoks to sleep in. Maybe its just me though?

Edited by Legoman123

Can anyone confirm if a Ewok Village set has been confirmed by TLG for this year. I will be stunned if such a set has been confirmed, but hopefully it won't cost too much like Cloud City (2003 set)

Cavegod said so, I don't think he ahs been wrong yet.

That price makes this the biggest no brainer for me. Without hesitation, pass. I've just never been into Ewoks. To me, the Ewoks are to Episode VI, the way many feel about the Gungans in Episode I. As much as I hate the Gungans, I'd take them over Ewoks any day of the week.

I think it will be a great set, but there needs to be things inside the huts

With what LEGO did recently with $199 10237 Tower of Orthanc I could see being repeated with three trees having detailed interiors along a similar style, but shorter. A platform between them and at least one additional medium-large vehicle.

With the AT-ST being in the 8038 Battle of Endor set back in 2009 I don't know if that means we'll get another so quickly. Maybe a system-scale update of the 7166 Imperial Shuttle?

There's never been a $250 playset-style release from LEGO. 10195 Republic Dropship had 1758 pcs and was $250 while 10188 Death Star is $399 for 3800 pcs.

Edited by thedrivingcat

I don't think its too soon for another AT-ST, especially with how often Lego keeps throwing in Snowspeeders into all their Hoth sets.

Is there really the market out there for a giant Ewok set (it must be large if the rumoured price point is true)? I can see fans forking out for a decent Cloud City or Mos Eisley UCS but an Ewok village - the best thing that can be said about it is at least its not a Gungan Village I guess.

Still, I guess the proof is in the viewing so I'll withhold judgement till we see something solid.

I can't imagine this Ewok Village set being that good. Paying for a bunch of trees and tree huts and a small army of Ewoks? I hope it comes with an AT-ST or something.

The set will obviously be more based on the ending of ROTJ with the big dance party. The village will be a baseplate with some huts in the background. The main attraction will be the great number of minifigs they put in like with the Death Star playset. The maincast (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewie, R2, 3PO), a couple of Ewoks (maybe three or four plus and Ewok baby that may or may not be a new mold or just a printed 1x1 round piece), the force ghosts (if LEGO reworked the transparent plastic or they just make the figs out of trans and regular plastic) and maybe even some rebels (Landos co-pilot, Mon Calamari, rebel soldier, rebel pilot / Wedge Antilles).*

If they are having a problem with not enough villains they could include some different imperial soldiers (Stormie, Navy, Scout) and a thousandth speeder bike. The helmets could even be co-used by the Ewok drums, saving some production cost. I don´t think an AT-ST will be an option. Enough time has passed IMO but it would retract too much from the set if they don´t include one of the traps as a counter measure from the rebels and when they would include that the set will probably end up around 300+ again.

*I don´t expect 20+ figures for the 250€ set. I think at that price points they would have to make the huts basically a cardboard cut-out wall. The figs are just the pool I think they will choose from.

The Ewok Village could be like what they did with the Death Star. Multiple scenes. They could add an AT-ST and stormtroopers for the battle scene and the village could be for the celebration.

Edited by Gremer

The Ewok Village could be like what they did with the Death Star. Multiple scenes. They could add an AT-ST and stormtroopers for the battle scene and the village could be for the celebration.

Exactly, when it comes to sets like these, it will included different scenes from the movie such as one part will probaly have Han being roasted, but another part will probaly have an Ewok Druming on Imperial Helmets.

We're going to get a village that has different areas form differnt parts of the movie. This means that we'll probaly end up seeing a Scout Trooper on a speeder bike while the Force Ghost are on the upper levels. Ultimately it comes done to where getting an Ewok Village from Episode 6.

Edited by North Lego Star

I don't think its too soon for another AT-ST, especially with how often Lego keeps throwing in Snowspeeders into all their Hoth sets.

got that right!

For Belgian people (and French, German or English people visiting here), 2013 sets are available in Dreamland stores :wink:

Well, i am not too hot for spending more than 150 bucks on a single set. Orthanc will be the first set i break that red line for. To make me repeat that, TLG has to offer quite a lot. Size, quality (interior! and playability) and iconic value of Orthanc would have to be matched. Can an Ewok village do that? Not sure on that. A Cloud City might do it but i hope for a rehash at the 100 to 150 buck mark as i do with an ISD.

Again, the content would have to absolutely justify the invest. Given the 'popularity' of Ewoks, the set ought to be spiced up with Rebels and Imperials alike. Throwing in vehicles, main cast and troopers is mandatory, i think. As with Orthanc, the set would be well designed if it could be used for other themes or environments, too.

At the 250's spot, not many parents will buy that for their children so the main customer base is us AFOLs again. And we have some expectations (i.e. the USP must be obvious so we do not spend the money elsewhere).

Again, the content would have to absolutely justify the invest. Given the 'popularity' of Ewoks, the set ought to be spiced up with Rebels and Imperials alike. Throwing in vehicles, main cast and troopers is mandatory, i think.

Yeah, I really hope they don't do that. I have AT-STs. I have speeders. Building those takes away pieces from the trees, which need to be somewhat impressive. These are Redwoods we're talking about, if the trees are dinky then it's kind of stupid.

Let's also get some unique characters:

-Force ghost transparent molds with old Anakin (not Hayden, Sebastian Shaw)

-Forest maiden Leia

-Lando in new clothes

-All new Ewoks, no repeats from other sets

If you want Rebels and Imperials, they have a battle pack you can buy right now. Don't waste unique character slots on retreads TLG! If I'm paying over $200 for this, I don't want a bunch of repeated vehicles and characters. I have so many Chewbaccas and R2-D2s I could drown in them.

Edited by StoutFiles

Yeah i'm really hoping for at least one force ghost in the Ewok village, but I think thats all it will be just one. It will most likely be Anakin as its the first time you see him as a 'good guy' in Jedi robes and as a normal person in the OT, and to me personally when I think of that scene in the movie he is the main ghost that sticks out. I also think that if we see a new Yoda's hut then they probably will include Obi-Wan in a force ghost variant in that.

Edited by Legoman123

For Belgian people (and French, German or English people visiting here), 2013 sets are available in Dreamland stores :wink:

Great, I have been to my local store like 7or 8 times in 2 weeks and nothing! They think I'm stalking them now. :)

So on my bike tomorrow for a trip of 2 hours to the nearest Dreamland. :/

So i heard from a Lego retail store employee that Lego might put the Star Wars line on hiatus until the Rebels series is released. Anyone else heard this?

Rumor has it the Ewok Village will be revealed tomorrow. Not sure how much truth is behind it, but I thought I would share. Bricklink poster quoted the following: "Oh, dear! Just got the press-kit for the LEGO Star Wars Ewok Village coming out in September. It will be revealed tomorrow at an event in the Czech Republic and I’m not supposed to say anything until then but OMG, it looks great! (*fainting smiley goes here*) Expect pictures and the full press kit, including designer video on all LEGO fantasies tomorrow (June 1st). We are allowed to share after 5 AM EST."

Rumor has it the Ewok Village will be revealed tomorrow. Not sure how much truth is behind it, but I thought I would share. Bricklink poster quoted the following: "Oh, dear! Just got the press-kit for the LEGO Star Wars Ewok Village coming out in September. It will be revealed tomorrow at an event in the Czech Republic and I’m not supposed to say anything until then but OMG, it looks great! (*fainting smiley goes here*) Expect pictures and the full press kit, including designer video on all LEGO fantasies tomorrow (June 1st). We are allowed to share after 5 AM EST."

Hmm my source never mentioned that to me. And I know most of the details about it. Oh well we will just have to see. :sceptic: