Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Ewok Village=Amazing set, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Have the summer sets been released in the US yet?

I am happy they made it look like the Kenner play set from the 80's, one of my favorite toys growing up. I would rather have had more Ewoks than Stormies since there is a battle pack out there, otherwise I really like it. I hope this goes the way of the B wing and we can pick a bunch of these up on May the fourth for 50% off :classic:

Happy June 1, 2013, the day when Toys R Us will probably get the Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets out of the back room and put them on the store shelves.

Happy June 1, 2013, the day when Toys R Us will probably get the Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets out of the back room and put them on the store shelves.

Indeed, waiting so I can order my Sail Barge. Hopefully it will be sometime this week. Still waiting on the notification though.

Ewok Village=Amazing set, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Have the summer sets been released in the US yet?

Yes, the summer are released. Where I live, I have to wait for 3 more months, though. Because my stores NEVER get them in on time.

To save the frustration and rage, The Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets are only at Toys R Us, starting today, June 1, 2013. They won't be at Target, Walmart, and Lego Stores until later in June 2013.

To save the frustration and rage, The Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets are only at Toys R Us, starting today, June 1, 2013. They won't be at Target, Walmart, and Lego Stores until later in June 2013.

Great, the closest TRU to me is nearly 100 miles away.

Hey guys sorry f you have seen this but this is the write up for it.

10236 Ewokâ„¢ Village

Ages 12+. 1,990 pieces.

Recreate classic scenes at the Ewokâ„¢ Village!

US $249.99 CA $299.99 DE 249.99€ UK 199.99 £ DK 2,099.00 DKK

Travel to Endor™ and visit the treetop home of the Ewoks. Just like in Star Wars™: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, this recreation of the Ewoks’ forest dwelling is packed with cool functions, including the tree-trunk hideout, secret Lightsaber stash, spider web, net traps, slide, catapults and an elevating throne. Use the rammer function to take out the Scout Trooper’s speeder − just like in the movie! Realistic details include rope walkways, vine and leaf elements, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. The Ewok Village set is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars collection. Includes R2-D2™and 16 minifigures with weapons: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™ (including Wicket™, Teebo™, Chief Chirpa™ and Logray™), 2 Scout Troopers and 2 Stormtroopers™

• Includes R2-D2™ and 16 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™, 2 Scout™ Troopers™ and 2 Stormtroopers™

• Features tree-trunk hideout and secret Lightsaber stash, spider web and net traps, slide, catapults, elevating throne, speeder rammer function, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. Speeder also included.

• Weapons include a Lightsaber, 3 blaster pistols, 2 blasters, 2 blaster rifles, 2 spears, bow and a crossbow and also includes 2 staffs

• Collect hard-to-find Endor Princess Leia, C-3PO, Luke, Han Solo and Wicket Ewok minifigures

• Measures over 1″ (35cm) high, 21″ (55cm) wide and 13″ (35cm) deep

Edited by Legoman123

It looks great, even though they obviously stole the design from the Kenner play set from before I was even born. :classic:

http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/ewokvillage.html

Still a little disappointed that we get a bit of a repeat in terms of mini-fig, on the other hand the new one's look great.

But 250€ is still a bit mush for me, I only finally got the LAAT/C 2 months ago.

My reaction: 10236 will be a must buy and I'll have to start saving now!

From an initial review from FBTB: "For too long have we suffered mediocre set designs constrained by a price point." This is absolute truth and I know that they must do that for all the kids out there with little spending money and parents who have a limited budget to spend on their kids - if TLG can do this consistently each year - take one of these *major* scenes from the OT and really make them shine with maximum effectiveness from the piece count then we are in a great position as collectors to get what we've been missing and I'm thinking of Cloud City especially but also the other big ones, Yavin 4, Degobah, Mos Eisley + cantina, etc. They then will be worth the wait.

However, since these sets come out only once a year or so (I think the larger style USC sets are their own category) the onus is on TLG to placate the fan base long awaiting these scenes.

They have got to bring back the fan voting system. I'm not sure why they only did it the one time in 2009 http://lego.wikia.co...ice_Competition

What's interesting to me about the fan's choice vote was that they went ahead and released Palpatine's Arrest 3 years later anyway, after the Home One (the winner) was released. Then they released the Slave 1 with no connection to Cloud City, and I hope that's one of many hints that something big is planned for Cloud City in the (NEAR) future.

When SWLego first came out they couldn't get playsets right but were nailing the vehicles. It's come full circle. The playsets are now every bit as good as the vehicles. This is a real quality layout - it's smashed my expectations. The only criticism seems shared by others - not enough Ewoks. I have a supply of backup Ewoks waiting at my pathetic excuse for an Ewok village (won't be sharing that online) but most people don't so they are going to have to live with 5 Ewoks or get more.

Anyway, an incredible set this is and it really has my imagination percolating about the things to come in 2014 and beyond. Really enjoyed this thread this year, thanks to all the posters for the discussion and images!

Edited by darththeling

Leia looks great. Intersting skirt, but it makes her look short. So it's finally been revealed, and this one will make my money scream in pain! Lots of minifigs, playable. and aesthetically pleasing. Not going to be able to pass this up now.

The Ewok Village I think is the third best lego star wars set to date(1st Death Star and 2nd Probaly the Combination of Jabba's Palace) It has everything that the movie has except the Force Ghost. Oh well, still a wonderful set that if Lego doesn't come out with anything worth buying next year, a set I'll definetly buy.

When are the summer sets supposed to come out in the US?

I'm guessing late July at this point, like last year. They might start trinkling into US stores in mid-July, but I highly doubt an early July/June release. :wink:

This is all speculation on my part, though.

I'm quite frankly a little concerned about what the release of the Ewok Village might presage for Lego Star Wars in the next year or two before Rebels & the Sequel Trilogy.

What I mean is...I had high hopes that we'd see either a Cloud City or a Mos Eisley set at or near this scale. Given that there hasn't been a SW Lego playset of this size since The Death Star...I fear it might take at least that long - if ever - before Lego visits Mos Eisley, Bespin or Yavin.

It's hard to imagine Lego having TWO massive SW play sets on the shelves at the same time. ( i don't count Multipke UCS sets b/c they seem aimed at a different audience..only AFOzks as opposed to playsets which target kids and adults) Although I guess if we see overlap between the Death Star and Ewok Village that might be a good sign.

Any thoughts?

Also, I too wonder if the Ewok Village is the last SW set for 2013. I'd be surprised if there isn't something revealed at Comic-Con (which I'll be at and try to report from)

And I'm ver curious what 2014 will bring for the Original Trilogy. This seemed to be the year for ROTJ, so will 2014 mean a rest back to A New Hope, a mix of Eps IV - VI. Or something else entirely...?

I'd be surprised if there isn't something revealed at Comic-Con (which I'll be at and try to report from)

And I'm ver curious what 2014 will bring for the Original Trilogy. This seemed to be the year for ROTJ, so will 2014 mean a rest back to A New Hope, a mix of Eps IV - VI. Or something else entirely...?

I would like to see whats in store for the coming year. The Ewok Village very well could be the last set of the year, unless they plan on releasing a fall line. Perhaps SDCC, or BW will unveil that information when the time comes. This was the year for ROTJ, since it is the 30 year anniversay of its release. With the Episode VII and the new TV show Rebels on the horizon it will be interesting to see what is in store for the future of Lego Star Wars sets, although we could see a decrease of O/T sets, due to the release of both. Time will tell.

Edited by ISDIronClaw

I just really hope we get a cloud city, and I think next year is the year we will see it.

Edited by Legoman123

I doubt we'll get a Cloud City next year. I don't think LEGO has 2 large System sets from the same theme on shelves at the same time.

I doubt we'll get a Cloud City next year. I don't think LEGO has 2 large System sets from the same theme on shelves at the same time.

Personally, I think we'll get a $120-$130 Cloud City for the Summer. That's just me, though. :wink:

Personally, I think we'll get a $120-$130 Cloud City for the Summer. That's just me, though. :wink:

As a flagship set. I meant it wouldn't be UCS/D2C set.

As a flagship set. I meant it wouldn't be UCS/D2C set.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Kind of like Jabba's Palace and Jabba’s Sail Barge.