Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Very nice ! Better than many of the summer sets, IMHO. Thanks for the pictures, GRogall !

Not bad looking Old Republic ship, but that price tag is a bit steep........and because it's based on a video game will it have the same appeal to non-gamer SW fans ? :look:

Beautiful ship, probably the best set of the wave. I really like the selection of figures too. That dark red hood is leaving me wishing for some Nightsisters.

In the Minifigures Encylopedia, on the Forest Maiden's page, it says, "The Forest Maiden's new hair piece is made of soft plastic. It was designed so that it could be used for other forest-dwelling female characters, like one from a galaxy far, far, away..." They are hinting at an Endor Leia, maybe in the Ewok Village?

Sounds like the village is all but confirmed. Hopefully we should see it unveiled at Comic Con.

Edited by wesker

It's a nice ship, except for the wheels-as-engines section. That looks lazy. The figs look cool too. But with the great sets coming this summer, this one will have to get in line, and probably hope for a weak winter wave, to get a chance.

Beautiful ship, probably the best set of the wave. I really like the selection of figures too. That dark red hood is leaving me wishing for some Nightsisters.

Sounds like the village is all but confirmed. Hopefully we should see it unveiled at Comic Con.

As long as it's HEAVILY packed with Ewoks! I don't doubt that there will be a few versions of our heroes included (Leia, etc) but an Ewok Village needs a bunch of Ewoks! Hopefully there will be a supporting Battle Pack style set to add more Ewoks.

Wow. Just, wow. I've been waiting for this set.

My main in game is a Jedi Guardian, so I'm super excited to see this ship. Also, an official torso for the Jedi Battlelord armour, which my character wears. I made a custom version with the help of one of the talented decal designers on this very site (see avatar), but so happy to get an official version.

I like the look of the Sith Warrior but other than that it doesn't do it for me (but I usually only get OT stuff anyway).

In the Minifigures Encylopedia, on the Forest Maiden's page, it says, "The Forest Maiden's new hair piece is made of soft plastic. It was designed so that it could be used for other forest-dwelling female characters, like one from a galaxy far, far, away..." They are hinting at an Endor Leia, maybe in the Ewok Village?

Yeah, there's been a lot of speculation that that would be a piece reused for Endor Leia in an Ewok Village. There is that exclusive that Marcos Bessa teased on his flickr a couple weeks ago, which he said was from a theme he'd never worked on before. Commenters thought that that referred to the Tower of Orthanc, but as it turned out, it didn't, and Star Wars is still a possibility...

Wow! :wub: ! Lego has impressed me once again with the Old Republic theme! Each new set makes me want to play the game more. Beautiful figs, great design, superb attention to detail, and at a very reasonable price! That equals must have for me! I'll skip the rest of the summer set if I have to for this one! I'll probably get the speeder too though... :wink:

Wow, the Defender looks great! And those minifigures are magnificent too. If I had to get the Fury Class Interceptor or this, I'd probably go with the Defender.

I'm happy that every now and then TLG gives us a new ship that isn't a rehash, and one that is visually-appealing that it makes us forget the likes of the Twilight, Bounty Hunter Gunship, T-6 Jedi Shuttle, and even the upcoming JEK-14 Starfighter and HH-87 Starhopper. This set is definitely a breath of fresh air and I'll probably pick this up along with the Fury.

Whats wrong with Jek 14s ship :( Its fresh, actually quite similar and close in design to an E-Wing (even if it's not supposed to be :P) and has some decent colours and figs with it :sweet:

Hmm, looks like a nice solid ship. Nice figures too, although I would've preferred a Republic Trooper in place of the Sith one.

Even if they're based on specific characters, it's interesting that a large licensed set like this doesn't feature named figures on the front of the box. I can't recall the last time I saw that in recent history.

Yeah, there's been a lot of speculation that that would be a piece reused for Endor Leia in an Ewok Village. There is that exclusive that Marcos Bessa teased on his flickr a couple weeks ago, which he said was from a theme he'd never worked on before. Commenters thought that that referred to the Tower of Orthanc, but as it turned out, it didn't, and Star Wars is still a possibility...

Unfortunately I think that this is going to be the lego Cuusoo reveal rather than the ewok village.

Oh yeah. I'm definitely gonna buy the Defender :cry_happy:

Thanks for the pictures, Grogall :sweet::thumbup:

that Zabrak could easily be used to make a Bao-Dur fig

Hey, yeah. Good idea :tongue:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Wow, thanks for the pics once again, Grogall! Very nice set, but isn't there a bunch of evil looking minifigs in it for a Jedi ship? 3 of them look rather sith-ish. Not having played the game though (don't have a PC) I couldn't solve a who-is-who.

Whats wrong with Jek 14s ship :( Its fresh, actually quite similar and close in design to an E-Wing (even if it's not supposed to be :P) and has some decent colours and figs with it :sweet:

Sorry it was just a personal opinion :blush: I just don't find the starfighter's design and black color scheme appealing, as well as the minifig selection. I was also not fond of the similarly-sized Republic Striker Starfighter last year, but at least that had awesome figs in Sateele Shan and Jace Malcolm (even the uniquely-designed astromech droid).

I like the Jek-14 set. The shaping is quite neat. And speaking of shaping, that Defender is just perfect..!

Rumors have turned out to be true - several online shops of official retailers (S@H, TRU, Galeria etc.) in Germany have gotten the new wave. The sets have popped up overnight to be available.

Regarding the Jedi Defender: It looks interesting. Not yet knowing about playability functions (interior) i can only judge the general looks. It seems appealing with an interesting assortment of minifigs. Not being a player of TOR, i still feel attracted by the design, color scheme and want to know more about it. In general it's good to see CUUSOO projects come to life.

A bow goes to grogall for once again providing us with hot news and outstanding pics! :thumbup: