Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I think it's not logic, as the UCS (super) ISD still is in stock.

I think it also doesn't make sense that TLG puts the set number and set name on those wooden boxes. Is there anyone who ever came across a wooden box, and did that slso mention item nuber and name?

I think it's not logic, as the UCS (super) ISD still is in stock.

I think it also doesn't make sense that TLG puts the set number and set name on those wooden boxes. Is there anyone who ever came across a wooden box, and did that slso mention item nuber and name?

Well, the Super Star Destroyer and the Imperial Star Destroyer are to different vessels. However, the are very similiar and closely related.

As for the wooden box, it seems very odd. For all we know the image could be fake.

Like said before, it's probably a model for Legoland. If it was an actual set, we probably would have heard rumors / seen pictures of it earlier.

That looks like a box used to ship display pieces, such as those used at the parks, stores or Lego Discovery centers. The box markings make me think it may be an element for some sort of traveling display. That's normally the only time that a company will so clearly mark crates in such a plain language way. The marketing people have to assemble crates in the booth in a specific way, and its best not to confuse them with exotic markings.

I would speculate that what it contains is all or part of a very large scale Star Destroyer model, glued and probably reinforced with a steel frame so it can survive traveling. The "set" number is just that. It's an internal model which the model department has record of and plans for so they can make as many of them as are required for displays, trade shows etc. Sadly this does not mean we will be seeing such a set on retail store shelves.

Oh, I'm sure that's not the set number, so we can ignore it. And to have the name on the shipping crate very much implies that it's a special order, almost certainly a display model for a Legoland park or a large store. There won't be a new UCS in production while we're still waiting on the release of the new UCS X-Wing.

I did a search of this forum and I couldn't find a speculation thread or rumor mill, so here goes:

I was browsing reddit (bad idea, I know) and I found this picture. 14197 isn't a real set number, so it might be something new. The comment thread said the box was as tall as a normal person (a bit under 6 feet) and weighed 850 pounds. So it might be a model for LEGOLAND or something - I don't know. I bet some of you have seen it already; it's on the front page.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place; I did the appropriate searches beforehand.

Sorry - comment thread is here.

As others said, this most certainly is something for a big display. However, releasing a new ISD playset would be a good move on the part of TLG. Thinking of what a classic the old one (6211, released in 2006) is, a new iteration would sell like hot cakes most likely, i think. Thinking of the mostly grey standard and technic pieces it would consist of, a reasonable price is imagineable.

About promo Han - actually i don't think it's a bad mini and will go for one. He is a more movie accurate depiction than the Hoth Hans we have yet. The brown long parka fits very well:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070711233458/starwars/images/2/20/HanBlasterHoth.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111002051446/starwars/images/9/98/ViperProbeSelfDestruct-TESB.jpg

There is one other rare picture around, with both Han and Luke on Hoth. I couldn't find it at once.

Perhaps a smaller ISD, not too sure people would buy an 850lbs set. More than likely just an arbitrary figure.

Would like to see one released again as I missed out last time.

Oh, I'm sure that's not the set number, so we can ignore it. And to have the name on the shipping crate very much implies that it's a special order, almost certainly a display model for a Legoland park or a large store. There won't be a new UCS in production while we're still waiting on the release of the new UCS X-Wing.

I'm sure that it is "the set number". It's just not a retail set. We as consumers fail to appreciate exactly what the set numbers are. They don't correspond to a box product so much as they refer to a final deliverable production design. Delivery does not necessarily mean retail box set. There are also internal products and product designs. As we speculate, things like display pieces, theme park statues etc. anything that they design, validate, and keep a formal record on so they can build again will get a number. That is most likely what that set number is. That life size Bag End that they made a video about not to long ago probably has its own set number as well.

And it is highly unlikely that it is a big box full of ISD sets. That type of crate is what you use to ship museum pieces, displays, statues, etc. not retail product.

The poster in the Reddit thread said the crate was being shipped to Toronto. A new LEGO store is opening in the Yorkdale Mall soon... I'd guess it's a display for that.

The poster in the Reddit thread said the crate was being shipped to Toronto. A new LEGO store is opening in the Yorkdale Mall soon... I'd guess it's a display for that.

Hmm, I'd never heard of a new model simply for a window display.

There have been plenty of large sculptures displayed in the Brand Stores. Off the top of my head, I remember Batman, Vader, Chewbacca, Indiana Jones. I think this was done for some toy stores even before the Brand Stores opened, too - I remember reading about a model of Ollie the Dragon made for a store display years ago; don't remember where, though.

There have been plenty of large sculptures displayed in the Brand Stores. Off the top of my head, I remember Batman, Vader, Chewbacca, Indiana Jones. I think this was done for some toy stores even before the Brand Stores opened, too - I remember reading about a model of Ollie the Dragon made for a store display years ago; don't remember where, though.

Oh, I forgot about those.

They also sometimes do large events and displays in the malls when they open a new store. When they opened the Alpharetta Georgia one last year that had a huge R2D2 that they built on site and displayed for a few days. The ISD may not be taking up retail real estate in the store itself. It may be a more short term mall display.

Does anyone know if we'll get the May 4th Han Solo in the UK?

I'm not sure if it's such a promo since it's already on ebay in stock... :wacko:

I'm not sure if it's such a promo since it's already on ebay in stock... :wacko:

I agree I don't think it is a may 4th promo because I'm sure I read somewhere that may 4th figs aren't supposed to be main characters such as han

One could argue about the white Boba Fett however in his mando armor he is only seen for short periods of time in Ep. V and Ep. VI

Also may 4th figs may be posted on eBay before may 4th however nowhere near this time maybe like 2-4 days before but not 2 and a half weeks before release

I agree I don't think it is a may 4th promo because I'm sure I read somewhere that may 4th figs aren't supposed to be main characters such as han

One could argue about the white Boba Fett however in his mando armor he is only seen for short periods of time in Ep. V and Ep. VI

Also may 4th figs may be posted on eBay before may 4th however nowhere near this time maybe like 2-4 days before but not 2 and a half weeks before release

it is already confirmed that this minifig IS the may the 4th promo

Does anybody know how the Hoth Han Solo got released early? I reckon that some Lego Stores have possibly given them out to regular customers, or something similar to that.

Enjoy these:

le_swatte.jpg

le_swattea.jpg

le_swrepublicgunship.jpg

le_swrepublicgunshipa.jpg

le_swjabbassail.jpg

le_swjabbassaila.jpg

le_swduelgeonosis.jpg

le_swduelgeonosisa.jpg

le_swmandalorianspeeder.jpg

le_swmandalorianspeedera.jpg

le_swhomingspider.jpg

le_swhomingspidera.jpg

le_swcorporatedroid.jpg

le_swcorporatedroida.jpg

le_swjek14.jpg

le_swjek14a.jpg

EDIT: I don't recall an image of the Yoda book with the figure IN it being shared. If it was, then oops. :shrug_oh_well:

dk_news_9781465408686.jpg

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Thank you CM4S! Those are great pictures.

Now all we need is for someone to put them on the first page...

Sigh! And still no look at the Jedi Defender? I hope that set wasn't scrubbed somewhere in the production phase. Overall I am loving most of these sets. (Ok maybe not the Spider Droids.) Is it just me, or does it seem like it has been some time since the actual Empire has put in an appearance? (Well ok we got 2 snow troopers last time).

it is already confirmed that this minifig IS the may the 4th promo

Who confirmed it all we have seen is an image of the fig! So far I've seen no label next to it stating that the figure is may 4th also why would it be on eBay now? Answer me that! May 4th figures wouldn't even be in Lego stores yet so Lego stores couldn't be giving them out to customers

It looks as though the figure is just a simple promo like the mini republic frigate etc. unless anybody posts evidence with an authentic label next to the figure stating that the figure is indeed may 4th exclusive

Across the board I find Jabba's Sail Barge to be inferior to the previous version... And yet I'm still curious about it thanks to those gorgeous figs. What the heck is wrong with me?! Why can't I get over you, Lego Star Wars?