Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

The new Count Dooku figure is great, but why is his lightsabre chromed? I never really understood why that piece is always chromed when other lightsabre hilts had made the switch to metallic ages ago.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that the coloured Clones (Sergeant, Captain, Commander) all have metallic-looking visor printing while normal Clones have plain black. Interesting.

I always thought it was because the actual one is shiny compared to other lightsabers like here

lightsaber-display-yoda-dooku.jpg

Dooku's is shiny while Yoda's isn't

Guys i know this if very early to be asking a question like this but i thought i would to see what you guys think about it, Now we are getting a Jango and young boba do you think we will get a jango fett slave 1 in the winter wave or not. Please answer guys?

I always thought it was because the actual one is shiny compared to other lightsabers like here

Dooku's is shiny while Yoda's isn't

Possibly, but I think it's more likely that LEGO simply haven't switched over production of the curved lightsaber from chromed silver to pearl silver because it only ever crops up in the rare occassion Dooku appears in a set. Remember that a non-chromed piece actually has to be remoulded - the chroming process adds an extra layer so the plastic itself has to be made slightly smaller. If you were to use the curved lightsaber template as-is and left it unchromed, it would sit slightly loose in a clip or minifig hand.

It would have been considered cost-effective redoing the standard lightsaber mould because it crops up so frequently - in practically every SW set.

Guys i know this if very early to be asking a question like this but i thought i would to see what you guys think about it, Now we are getting a Jango and young boba do you think we will get a jango fett slave 1 in the winter wave or not. Please answer guys?

This is a post for the general SW questions thread, so in future post things like this there please!

To answer though: no, actually. We probably will get one eventually, maybe by next year's summer wave, but right now I should think LEGO want the tank droid set to sell as well as possible. They're in no rush now that the prequel 3D rereleases have gone up the swanny.

New AT-TE, Republic Gunship, CATD, and the Homing spider droid look awesome so far. August can't come soon enough. Still wish there was more clones though, it is the only drawback.

Argh, those video reviews have broken me, with the exception of that rubbish Maul speeder the rest I just have to get.

I think this new sail barge shouldn't be viewed in isolation from the other Jabba sets. Once you add in the skiff and fill the deck with the other figures you have a set at least as good as the 2006 version (which, lets not forget) fell apart quite easily and wasted a larger interior on a cell without a door?!)

Jek's Ewing looks great, a great display model and there must be features we haven't seen yet (the storage area for instance). Those minifigs are glorious and I'll be army building that bounty hunter and the special forces clone!

Gunship looks good but the interior is a bit empty, the speeder bike takes up less space which is a plus but a few control panels or gun racks would have worked nicely there

Think they nailed the at-te (well okay they should have addressed the gaps in the sides). I would have liked an interior (we don't even get seats this time?!), but overall it's an improvement

I agree about JEK's ship. And I think a new slave one will come in a couple years. It was two years from 2010 slave 1 to the desert skiff with another Boba so I say it would be a similar gap from the tank Droid to a new slave 1 with another Jango.

Does it seem fit to reason that the odds of getting a Nexu, Reek and Acklay are much higher now, given Padme's torn clothing?

75021 Republic Gunship 29

The sweet structural Geonosian facade makes an arena set MOC very possible. I am loving every bit about this duel set!

75017 Duel On Geonosis 1

Possibly, but I think it's more likely that LEGO simply haven't switched over production of the curved lightsaber from chromed silver to pearl silver because it only ever crops up in the rare occassion Dooku appears in a set. Remember that a non-chromed piece actually has to be remoulded - the chroming process adds an extra layer so the plastic itself has to be made slightly smaller. If you were to use the curved lightsaber template as-is and left it unchromed, it would sit slightly loose in a clip or minifig hand.

Oh, interesting! I didn't know about either of these. Nice to know. :classic:

On another topic, the Jek-14 Starfighter set is based off The Yoda Chronicles, right? The brief research I did into this says that The Yoda Chronicles isn't canon, which means that set is completely made-up.

Canonical or not, the set seems nice enough, but I do find it slightly odd that they're effectively releasing a series tie-in as part of a licensed theme's wave. The minifigs look like custom ones, too.

Oh, interesting! I didn't know about either of these. Nice to know. :classic:

On another topic, the Jek-14 Starfighter set is based off The Yoda Chronicles, right? The brief research I did into this says that The Yoda Chronicles isn't canon, which means that set is completely made-up.

Canonical or not, the set seems nice enough, but I do find it slightly odd that they're effectively releasing a series tie-in as part of a licensed theme's wave. The minifigs look like custom ones, too.

Yeah, the Yoda Chronicles (if we ever see it) will be in the lower orders of canon, so it's not worth getting too worked up over the characters and vehicle...

...that said, the ship is definately a black E-Wing, no doubt about it. I get the feeling that the most important thing about the set will be the instructions, as it'll mean we can build E-Wings in proper New Republic colours.

Here are my thoughts:

Sail Barge: Excellent. Good figures but you need the skiff to complete it which I don't have.

RGS: Looks smooth and sleak. I have the 08 one but this looks great! Padme and the Swoop Bike finish it off!

AT-TE: Great! Missed out on the old one so I have to pick this up! Wait...Is that Bly?

Duel on Geonosis: A reasonable set. I like Poggle and Yoda, they are detailed well.

Mando Speeder: Nice neat set for the money. Don't like Mauls legs though.

Tank droid: Fantastic! Jango is excellent and the Clone will be picked up.

Homing Spider droid: The Spider Droids are both good and the figures are reasonable.

JEK-14's fighter: I really don't like this. Something about it. I don't even like the figures.

Advent Calendar: Not bad. Prefer the City one though.

7/9 Would buy. Lets hope the X-Wing and Ewok Village are true as those would finish off the year! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid- I'll probably pass this one. The tank droid itself is nice, but Jango can be found in the Advent Calendar as well and I don't really want one redesigned droid.

Homing Spider Droid- This is a must-have. I need more Super Battle Droids and Ep2 Clones, and I missed both the earlier releases of the two spider droids. Stass Allie looks cool too.

Duel on Geonosis- I'll probably get this one in the Christmas sales. I must buy it, but the price is too high right now.

Mandalorian Speeder- I had high hopes for this set, but I probably won't buy it now- Darth Maul looks terrible and the Super Commandos aren't anything special. I don't really like the speeder either. Maybe next year....

AT-TE- Although I love AT-TEs, this one is nothing special and I don't like Coleman Trebor. Pass.

Jabba's Sail Barge- Pass, although I might bricklink Max Rebo later

Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter- A definite pass. The minifigs look wierd and the starfighter isn't that great.

Republic Gunship- The minifigs are excellent, but the price isn't. I'll bricklink Anakin and Obi-Wan but not get the set.

Advent Calendar- Definitely. It's a great army builder- clone, droids, Geonosian, and if you have the Endor battle pack, then it's a good addition to that. The mini AT-TE is awesome too. And Santa Jango, young Boba and the astromech droid are must-haves.

So only three sets for me this year. But I will be buying the Endor battle pack, the Ep2 clone battle pack and 2011 Battle of Naboo as well.

Wait- do the sets only get released in August? :hmpf_bad:

Only the not-so-good and expensive Jabba's Barge & Calendar for me since I don't care about Clone Wars cartoon sets.

Basteq, the only Clone Wars set is the Mandalorian Speeder. The rest are all Attack of the Clones sets- no CW faces!

Basteq, the only Clone Wars set is the Mandalorian Speeder. The rest are all Attack of the Clones sets- no CW faces!

You're right. I forgot to mention I only collect classic series. But recently I bought new Gungun Sub, a couple of small old sets and UCSs from 1-3 series.

Maybe I'll consider buying some more if I get ekstra money.

The CW faces of men are really repulsive. I wonder why is that...

Edited by Basteq

Having seen a closer view of the new Darth Maul, my opinion of it has entirely changed. He is actually pretty amazing :wub: ! There is no doubt in my mind now about buying 75022.

Bring on Summer 2013!

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid- I'll probably pass this one. The tank droid itself is nice, but Jango can be found in the Advent Calendar as well and I don't really want one redesigned droid.

Jango in advent calendar is santa version.

The new Yoda minifig really looks nice (though it probably will fuel that "how detailed should minfigs be?" debate), and the set is definitely many steps up from the one way back in 2002. I love the Geonosian architecture and the redesigned speeder Dooku has. That new Padme minifig included with the Republic Gunship looks gorgeous, isn't it great that we get both the metal bikini and the white battle outfit this year? I don't know if it's just me, but the Sail Barge looks smaller and less impressive than the version released in '06 - the one I missed on getting. Arrgh.

Edited by Jedd the Jedi

I'll tell you what sells sets for me; it's a combination of awsome minifigures, and a good price/piece ratio. Now, not all of the sets I buy will offer one or both aspects, in that case I will either wait for a sale, or choose to invest in something that has potential to increase significantly in value. Take the older RGS; the resale values on these sets have shot up like grunge rockers in the ninties. I will buy two of the new ones to begin with.

Another sure thing is the spider droid and the tank droid. Multiples of these are a great investment, and even at retail are a very good buy!

I have to say Lego somehow managed to make Anakin look nothing like the actor, nor similar to any other version of him. Even the eyebrows don't match his hair color. I mean they did get a pretty close match for his hair color at least. Too bad that hairpiece isn't in any way similar to his actual hair. I have the same problem with Obi-wan's hair, in fact Anakin's hairpiece would make more sense for Obi-wan, in an orange of course. They really need to make a new mold for the padawan hair. Ironically Padme looks as close to Natalie Portman as a minifigure possibly could. One out of three having a good likeness isn't exactly great odds though.

Mace Windu doesn't look right to me, the white legs are distracting. I like that they've finally started printing the legs for the Jedi, but I feel like side printing needs to be used if the tunic is going to be a vastly different color than the legs.

The duel on Geonosis is really good. The landing platform for Dooku's speeder is really impressive looking and the details like the light are really fantastic. However I don't like the right side of the set past the arch, it just seems like a random assortment of arch pieces and doesn't have a real idea of what it's supposed to be. Yoda is pretty brilliant, although the look on his face is a bit odd, but fitting. I don't like the technic rod to make him jump. I didn't like when they did that for the Mustafar duel and I don't like it here either. Poggle is a welcome addition.

The Corporate Alliance Tank Droid looks like a fine build and a steal for the price. The fact that it comes with Jango is just icing on the cake at this point.

The Sail Barge is pretty good. It's pretty sleek looking and it utilizes the inside pretty well. The cannon in the nose is a weird feature and definitely not canon, but I don't think it hurts anything by being there.

The one thing I've noticed is the lack of a Clone Lieutenant, and a Commando. We have the Sergeant, the Captain, the Commander, even the Pilot. I hope they make some soon.

I love the new jango but seriously, reusing boba fetts head thats very disappointing :angry: . Also does anyone know when we will get info on the 75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser ?

Edited by Legoman123

There are three things I don't like about the new gunship:

- the doors cannot be fully closed; the part where the turrents swing in and out is left open.

- the part with the arc (where Padme is located on the box cover) cannot be closed.

- Part 4515 was replaced (minor issue).

The one thing I've noticed is the lack of a Clone Lieutenant, and a Commando. We have the Sergeant, the Captain, the Commander, even the Pilot. I hope they make some soon.

I hope the blue officer is coming in a cheaper 2014 set. He would be great for an ARC trooper kitbash based on the original clone who was so awesome that he started the name-giving: Alpha.

I love the new jango but seriously, reusing boba fetts head thats very disappointing :angry: .

Well, Boba is the clone of Jango. I have a bigger problem how the new clone head has nothing in common with the Jango/Boba one.

Also does anyone know when we will get info on the 75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser ?

Summer exclusives are normally appearing sometime in the summer. Info is rather scarce and normally not far away from the release date and sometimes we only know about the set when it is already on the shelf, like Palpatines arrest last year.

There are three things I don't like about the new gunship:

- the doors cannot be fully closed; the part where the turrents swing in and out is left open.

- the part with the arc (where Padme is located on the box cover) cannot be closed.

- Part 4515 was replaced (minor issue).

The door problem was always there because the mechanism LEGO uses for the doors would leave not enough place in the middle. TCW made away with it by making a part of the door open to the other side but apart from the first few seasons of TCW this kind of LAAT/I is used nowhere else.

The arc was never closed in the original ship from AOTC either.

I know what you mean with boba being a clone of him go but I don't think jangos head looks like that in the film, because I'm sure he doesn't have that many scars and cuts as bobas head.

Edited by Legoman123