Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I'm also confused by the E-wing, is that a TOR set?

No, but try perhaps Episode SEVEN ? :wink:

This fighter is post-ROTJ. :wink:

Edit - going over the images I see the words Clone and Seperatist......how can you have a fighter craft that won't exist until the fall of the Empire.....no, wait I know it's call Lucas-Disney Canon right ? :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

From the pics of the Gunship, can we at least hope that it's more swooshable then the "current" #7676? And is it kind of a cross between the #7676 and the older #7163? Looks to be longer then the #7163, like the #7676, but with the cargo gun mounts think.gif.

Edit - going over the images I see the words Clone and Seperatist......how can you have a fighter craft that won't exist until the fall of the Empire.....no, wait I know it's call Lucas-Disney Canon right ? :laugh:

It's a Seperatist Bounty Hunter and a Special Forces Clone Trooper.

I like the sets shown at TF, will happily part with my money for those, still trying to figure out the point of hte cannon in the SB though.

Glad to see some nice pictures! Here are my thoughts on the sets:

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid: A pretty good little set, obviously I'm glad to see Jango in an inexpensive set, and the other minifigures will be nice to get too. I'm not altogether pleased with the color of the battle droids (I liked sand red much better) but I'll probably pick this one up.

Homing Spider Droid: The large droid is a nice model, but the minifigures are pretty meh. I'll probably pass.

Duel on Geonosis: The star of the wave in my opinion. Excellent minifigures (LOVE the new Yoda), tons of useful parts, and a clever design. This set has singlehandedly rekindled my interest in PT LEGO sets. I can't wait to pick this up :sweet:

Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter: I think this is an Old Republic set, so I'm not really interested in it. I do like the new astromech though.

AT-TE: A nice model, though it is pretty similar to the last one. It does look a bit more compact though, which I think looks nice. The minifigures aren't really anything special though, only Coleman Trebor is noteworthy.

Jabba's Sail Barge: I was looking forward to this one, but alas I'm disappointed. I thought Jabba's Palace was expensive for what you get, but I feel like this is another step in the wrong direction. Sure, the model has around 100 more pieces, but it's nowhere near as interesting as the palace was in terms of display value or play value. And honestly, I think the 2006 version looked just as good, perhaps even better. I don't get it- most of the models in this wave look excellent, but this one looks like a huge step backward. And the minifigures, while good, aren't as appealing as the ones that came with the palace. This is a pass for me, although I will definitely be Bricklinking one of those Max Rebo figures :wub:

Republic Gunship: I'm impressed by the model, although again it is pretty similar to the last one. The minifigures don't really impress me either.

Mandalorian Speeder: Clone Wars stuff doesn't interest me much, but this isn't a bad set. The Mandalorians look nice, although I still object to the idea that Darth Maul survived being chopped in half *huh*

Advent Calendar: Pass. Though I do like the new Biker Scout.

I asked the folks over at FBTB about the mysterious jedi in white pictured on the Yoda exclusive. Here is what Don Solo said:

1. That's Luminara Unduli but we don't know why she's in white.

To which I replied:Thanks for taking the time to answer Don. Are you sure that the jedi in white is Luminara Unduli? The figure seems to be lacking the tattoo that Unduli has on her chin. Some folks have been discussing the idea that the figure is a new one from the Yodi Chronicles sets.

Here's the final word from Don Solo at FBTB about the mystery white jedi:

by Solo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm

I did not notice the lack of face tattoo, it is possible she's a new character after all. Not details were given. Likewise with TMNT. We've already left the event so there are not Lego reps around to question further. You know what we know.

So.... what we know is that we really don't know anything at this point.

Damn but some of these sets aren't making me want to review my OT-only stance. I actually thought the last 30 minutes of Episode 2 was the best thing about the PT and there are so many sets in this wave that would go towards creating a great Battle of Geonesis lay-out. If only they'd produced the arena I might have been persuaded...

I'll definitely be getting the Sail Barge and maybe a couple of the others (although I fear getting other sets might open the floodgates for more!).

Wow I don't even know what to say! I'm pretty blown away by what I'm seeing here. I know LEGO is doing a good job when they have my full interest in PT and CW sets!

I'm not the biggest fan of the design but for (what I'll asume to be) $25 CAD I can't say no to the Coroprate Alliance Tank Droid.

Those Mandalorian guys in the Mandalorian Speeder look fantastic I'll have to get that one too.

Not really into the Spider Droid. Too Technic-y for me.

Duel on Geonosis is more of a "get it on sale" set for me.

Jek-14's Starfighter looks very interesting. I really like the figs included although I don't know what its from? I want it cause its not too Star Wars-like so I can use it for other Sci-Fi stuff. I'll get it on sale for sure

Not big on the AT-TE

Jabba's Sail Barge is a must buy!! :excited: Although Max Reebo could use some torso printing.

The Republic Gunship looks alright. I probably wont get it though. Gotta give props on TLG for making the Padme figure look EXACTLY like Natalie Portman :laugh:

I gotta get that Advent Calendar too. I got last years and enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of the Scout Trooper redesign as I already have a bunch. :hmpf_bad: The blow would have been softened if they made the helmet more accurate maybe. Also the Endor trooper has Boromir's face :grin:

With all these and the new LoTR sets I'm gonna be broke all year.

Im fascinated with the Stealth Fighter! All the specialty troops remind we of

Battle front II, amongst other things. I highly doubt it's from Episode 7, as its

not supposed to be out till 2016!

Super pumped to have cyber Darth Mual AND Mandolorian commandos in the same set!

New Gunship is welcome to, so is Jango Fett and a new CAT. More thoughts later.

Ooh, I love the Mando Speeder! The mandolorian commandos look great! I'll probably get 2.

The new Jango looks great!

The others look great too! I'll probably not get them though.

Looks like a great wave. :thumbup: :thumbup:

New Jango. New Yoda. New Padme

More minifig madness :grin:

I will definitely be getting the Sail Barge and Geonosis sets. I will probably just Bricklink some of of the other figs, because I have enough RGS and AT-TE models.

Maybe this will jump start my Star Wars enthusiasm again

Does anyone else think that the red clone commander in the gunship looks like commander fox?

I think this is the best ever wave considering I have never had a gunship,at-te,spider droid,corporate alliance tank. Plus I have never count dooku. And I call myself a Star Wars fan!:)

Edited by Kondor

Me no likey likey Santa Jango, they should have made his helmet red instead of blue to match the suit. I do like the Mandalorian Speeder though and the mechanized legs Maul looks awesome. Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter looks sick and i love the blue trooper.

Does anyone else think that the red clone commander in the gunship looks like commander fox?

He is a clone captain. The clone commander comes in the AT-TE. Everything looks great in these sets. My only problem a lack of clones and geonosians.

Edited by Super Brick Collector

If you take Dooku's head from the Duel on Geonosis set, add it to the CMF Lumberjack's body and find a suitable gray hair piece, you've got a pretty good George Lucas minifigure.

If you take Dooku's head from the Duel on Geonosis set, add it to the CMF Lumberjack's body and find a suitable gray hair piece, you've got a pretty good George Lucas minifigure.

LOL. Yeah, just checked.

I have looked through these pictures a number of times, and am overall impressed and happily surprised. There are plenty of new points, most of which I could easily sum up with a quick perusal and summary of previous discussion on the Brickset Forum (and likely on this one) when the complete list of TLG's SW summer 2013 sets was revealed.

It is something of a concern that Lego's emphasis has shifted so from the OT, but this is not entirely surprising considering the wave of excitement about 3D prequel trilogy films, CW series 4 and 5 (and the TV series is definitely improving and becoming more visually and intellectually interesting with time), and even the new SW film to be directed by J.J. Abrams. The principle OT set we see this year, Jabba's Sail Barge, seems to me not to merit the excessive amount of criticism it has been receiving. This is, after all, something that was desired by many. The price, nonetheless, is somewhat hard to accept considering the previous uproar over the same price tag (120 USD) on the summer 2012 Jabba's Palace. The Sail Barge has half as many new and interesting figures, and the model itself is not quite as architecturally thrilling, though still eye candy for me, at least.

I am much more concerned, though, with the incarnations of the other high price point sets, the AT-TE and Republic Gunship. Both are almost identically priced as their 2008 versions, and are almost the same in first appearance as well. I see few differences with the Republic Gunship especially, a set which I highly praised in 2008. This time around, it sports the same price tag and a new figures, with minimal other modifications that I could discern after slight scrutiny. While I welcome the fact that the price has not changed in the past five years, I am upset that TLG's designers could not bother to make this more new and interesting. The figures are fine, though not at all scintillating (though seemingly film-accurate to AoTC) compared to those from other sets. The AT-TE is a bit more impressive, with new and attractive Windu and Coleman Trebor figures, though that is still not nearly enough to justify the similar nature of the 2008 and 2013 models, though this one features more welcome variation as far as I could tell.

On the other hand, I am quite pleased with the selection of smaller models, aside from the JEK-14 starfighter, about which I have not yet developed much of an opinion with no reference point to which I might compare it, either in Lego, screen, illustrated or literary form. #75017 Duel on Geonosis is quite a pleasure to behold, and a model of which I have no doubt will be a wonderful replacement for the original Jedi Duel from 2002. It's quite surprising to me that this is the first OT Yoda released in a set since 2005, and I must say, it looks wonderful, despite criticisms of the face being excessively detailed, much like a miniature action figure. I also like the inclusion of Poggle the Lesser, which I had hoped that Lego might do. The other three small sets are all very nice as well, though it seems that the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid and Homing Spider Droid sets benefit from a single minifigure "prize" in each: Jango Fett in the former and Adi Gallia in the latter. I do particularly like the set modeled on the recent Series V, Episodes 15 and 16 of the Clone Wars TV series. TLG has begun to adapt to the shifts of the show quickly, and the figs in that one are rather lovely.

Overall, I am pleased with the summer 2013 SW collection, and I can imagine what sorts of good (and some rehashed) RotS models Lego will release in 2014 to coincide with the 3D rerelease.

Me no likey likey Santa Jango, they should have made his helmet red instead of blue to match the suit. I do like the Mandalorian Speeder though and the mechanized legs Maul looks awesome. Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter looks sick and i love the blue trooper.

I think the point is of Santa Jango Having his regular helmet is to 1. Actually let people know that it's Jango Fett and 2. So cheap guys like me can actually just put Jango Helmet on an regualr Mandalorian Soilder and call him Jango Fett :devil:

Me no likey likey Santa Jango, they should have made his helmet red instead of blue to match the suit.

I agree, I think that would have made him better. It just looks like they through a Jango helmet onto a santa torso to me. :sceptic: But young Boba more than makes up for that, and I'm really happy they didn't christmas-ize him or anything so we could have a regular young Boba.

i think you can stop calling these set names by the vehicles from now on, and start calling them by the minifigs within the sets. ie: Jabba and crew with barge, Luke Skywalker in Hoth with accessories.. etc etc

if TLG keeps this new tactic going forward (more figs>less bricks>smaller vehicles>higher prices>segmented releases) the next X-wing they release (by ~2015) will have 7 minifigs, a ship made out of 12 bricks, that will be spread over 3 set releases (part 1 will be the wings, part 2 the fuselage and part 3 for the cockpit) and will be 20% more expensive than it is today.

i'd rather by sets (vehicles, spaceships) without minifigs, than a horde minifigs within small, terrible sets. if minifigs are the cause of this shift, IMO ditch them and go back to what it was.

i buy star wars for spacehips, not for dolls/minifigs

Edited by glendo

i'd rather by sets (vehicles, spaceships) without minifigs, than a horde minifigs within small, terrible sets. if minifigs are the cause of this shift, IMO ditch them and go back to what it was.

Then buy accurate scale models aimed at a more mature audience instead of plastic toys made for children. We've gotta concede that we aren't going to get it how we want.

Edited by Artanis I

In general the minifigures look amazing. I like the clone trooper guns now, they look more like the film now. The gunship looks a bit better than the last one and the minifigures look nice same with the ATTE but it is not worth getting a new one. The minifgures in Jabba's sailbarge look great and the set looks a bit better than the last one, although it is a bit shorter. The tank droid and spider droid look a lot like the previous incarnations as well. I probably end up buying the minifgures individually and possibilly buying a couple of sets bet at the moment I would rather get a few sets from last year and a few LOTR sets.

Not going to happen. The minifigures are one of the big selling points of sets.

Episode VII is planned for release in 2015 and could receive a pushback at any given time - in other words,

there's no way there would be sets for that film this year, likely not even next year.

It is actually from the 'Yoda Chronicles', some made-up thingy by LEGO, I believe. The guy with the cyborg arm is supposed to be some bacta tank escapist, and the others...

I dunno, but at least they're indirectly part of the Clone Wars, that's the time most of those Yoda Chronicles take place in.

Then don't buy LEGO, thank you very much.

Edited by General Magma

Ooh.

The LAAT/i looks very solid and while it still seems perhaps a bit too long, it's quite nice. The AT-TE seems a little more compact now, though it's probably just me.

I also like how the Homing Spider Droid uses those quarter-dome pieces. The rest is all fairly interesting though Maul looks horrible.

The new Count Dooku figure is great, but why is his lightsabre chromed? I never really understood why that piece is always chromed when other lightsabre hilts had made the switch to metallic ages ago.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that the coloured Clones (Sergeant, Captain, Commander) all have metallic-looking visor printing while normal Clones have plain black. Interesting.

Edited by Delta 38