Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

The AT-Te is 90 bucks US.

My thoughts on each set:

CW stuff- not my cup of tea, sorry.

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid- Yes; I'll get two and give the spare Jango away.

Homing spider droid- another twofer!

Duel on Geonosis- Definitely.

Jek-14: What the Fabuland is this? It's great as sci-fi, but it does not fit the Star Wars "look" at all. Bad move, Lego. Bad move.

AT-TE: OK. I'll again get two and then mod them heavily to remove gaps. Nice figure selection, though.

Republic Gunship: I'm in love. I'll definitely get one or two.

Jabba's Sail Barge: After the getting the AOTC stuff, I can't afford this. Nice, but not excellent. If nothing else I might Bricklink Slave Leia and the aliens.

Is it a new Scout Trooper in the Advent Calendar? It looks like he has black legs with white printing, and black arms. EDIT: it is, and a new torso print.

EDIT: check

http://www.toyark.co...rs-images-7236/

My thoughts:

- the new Jedi, Padme, Dooku, and the new Clone Commander (dark red) simply look awesome. Most other figures look very-close-to-awesome. Jango and the Mandalorians look quite good.

- Darth Maul's legs look a bit weird.

- The Super Battle Droids don't have Blaster Arms, what I find quite disappointing.

- The new Gunship is not as nicely done as the 2008 version.

- The AT-TE looks slightly better than the 2008 version.

- I think they overdid the printing of the new Scout Trooper or didn't get it right, while the mouth/ear parts are still not black, making the whole helm looking awkwardly strange white on this new torso and legs.

My thoughts:

- the new Jedi, Padme, Dooku, and the new Clone Commander (dark red) simply look awesome.

- The Super Battle Droids don't have Blaster Arms

Dark red clone is captain not commander commander is the yellow clone that is in the new AT-TE.

What do you mean by the super battle droids don't have blaster arms I am guessing you mean rocket arms no? They don't have rocket arms because they never had them in AOTC and their blasters are wrist mounted which is a small detail included on standard super battle droid arms

This sets are wonderful! The new clones and theirs "new" guns looks nice but the guns are a little bit long.

I want all of the Attack of the clones sets. I will buy CATD, the mandalorian speeder, the spider droid, the duel on geonosis, the AT-TE, and the Gunship of course.

I love the new jedis wit theirs new negprintings

CATD: Jango is a big good point and the new droid is nice. The tank itself is more detailed than the previus but it looks good without printings.

Mandalorian speeder:I like it and Maul's legs are good.

The sider droi(s): This set is a good army builder and Adi gallia is perfect

Duel on geonosis: this is a good playset with nice new figures. It looks very like the hangar in the movie.

Jek-14's Steahlt Starfighter:I s ok but not the best.

AT-TE: this is one of the new waves sets,but it would be better with more clones.

The Barge: It and its figures are prety nice , but i don't want it.

Gunship: I think in the gunship is a speeder. the lastes one was very good but the new is more better .

the calender is good with good figures and nice ships.

Loving the New Yoda, Dooku, Padme, Clones, Jango and Boba. Not too keen on Anakin but he still looks good. I was in a dark age when most of these sets last came out, so I'm pleased I get get them now.

Padme has a new face and hairpiece, wasn't expecting that.

Wasn't expecting it either. But it's nice because she now looks like a complete Lego version of Portman. Hopefully that means a Jane Foster fig in some possible Thor 2 sets.

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3480_1360502295.jpg

Jek-14 has a transparent arm. So apparently it´s not as problematic as everyone thought.

I am rather disappointed by the Yoda Chronicles set figure-wise. The Seppie is Obi-Wans bounty hunter costume / concept Boba Fett and the republican is a blue stormtrooper. Nothing from canon. I hope the Chronicle show has a good story otherwise I expect a failure like the TIE Crawler.

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3487_1360502295.jpg

Mace only has a new pair of fancy pants. I hoped they wouldn´t completely change his design again, but it is weird how they still keep the TCW torso for him while they give everyone else new prints.

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3511_1360502295.jpg

Obi-Wan looks a bit weird. The beard is a bit too clean IMO.

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3512_1360502295.jpg

For Anakin I expected the Spider-Man Osbourne hair. The Malfoy hair is getting really overused on a bunch of people that would otherwise have better fitting pieces available. Zod, Killian, Mandarin, Anakin, Hawkeye. The worst part is that they don´t even give us different haircolors, only this nougat brown.

I hope my auction for my old LAAT/I is going well, this new gunship seems like the ultimate version, except for the ball turrets that are still half open.

The Mando speeder is really well made and I am glad that Maul got his season 4 costume instead of the season 5. I already thought the Death Watch made him human legs because LEGO asked them to.

The tank droid looks much better than the old versions and Jango has really fitting coloration, unlike the sandblue they force on Boba.

The Spider Walker looks much better with the sleek dome parts but I have enough of LEGO and spiders lately. I hope they make Adi Gallia available in another set. I really would have taken her, even with a dark red JSF.

The duel looks a bit small but that seems to be mandatory for playsets. Good figures and background, even though I wish the columns were a bit thicker like in the movie and they could have taken away a bit out of the wall.

AT-TE is not necessary for me (except for the Clone Commander that should have been in the LAATI sadly). It looks like a good model but ultimately not really useful.

The barge seems somewhat lacking. I thought LEGO would want to make all their sets so that a kid could play with only one. It doesn´t seem that exciting with half-naked Leia and R2 strangling Jabba and punching a Weequay, a guy with three eyes and a blue elephants in their face. They should have included Han in the skiff and given Luke in here.

The advent calendar finally seems like something worthy of consideration. I love my green-clad terrorist soldiers, another new Phase 2 clone is never wrong, Young Boba and Scout Trooper are good updates for figs that really needed them, the yellow R5 is a good make up for the army of R2s everyone here collected over the years, Santa Jango seems even tackier than Santa Maul but he brings a new, nice helmet and lastly another Geonosian which I hope still has his wings like in that artwork. I just hope the price won´t be as insane as last year. But at least they justify it this time with some figures that are harder to get and even some exclusives that aren´t christmas-themed. I just don´t get the Dooku pilot droid. They made the Solar Sailor and included him now in the AOTC duel. He isn´t like the most requested thing from the Star Wars universe and he is rather useless outside of those two sets.

Sadly there was no Starhopper or Defender on the Fair. I guess the Starhopper is based on the season 4 "Obi-Wan poses as Concept-Art Boba Fett" because I vaguely remember the pirate speederbike and the hopper being in one of those episodes, but I hope I am wrong.

http://cdn.toyark.co..._1360502295.jpg

Jek-14 has a transparent arm. So apparently it´s not as problematic as everyone thought.

I am rather disappointed by the Yoda Chronicles set figure-wise. The Seppie is Obi-Wans bounty hunter costume / concept Boba Fett and the republican is a blue stormtrooper. Nothing from canon. I hope the Chronicle show has a good story otherwise I expect a failure like the TIE Crawler.

Obi-Wan looks a bit weird. The beard is a bit too clean IMO.

For Anakin I expected the Spider-Man Osbourne hair. The Malfoy hair is getting really overused on a bunch of people that would otherwise have better fitting pieces available. Zod, Killian, Mandarin, Anakin, Hawkeye. The worst part is that they don´t even give us different haircolors, only this nougat brown.

Maybe it for one part only and made from a mix.

And Obi is reusing his Ep 3 face.

I do agree that the hair piece is bieng overused, but the hair color is accurate and the style is better than the standard male headpice that isn't accurate enough.

I wonder if Dooku and Saurman have the same head, Speaking of reusing parts

And that Yoda, i may have to buy that set!!!!!

Edited by daniel gourhan22

Man, those sets are brilliant! Adi Gallia, Coleman Trebor are great. And new Yoda! I think Lego did great job this year. Poor wallet...

Everything actaully looks pretty good, and I have to admit, I even like the sailbarge a bit more, certainly not enough for me to buy, but enough to admit it's okay.

I'm going to end up buying...

Mandalorian Speeder( It's a shame lego wasn't accurate with Darth Maul, but it still looks like a pretty good set.)

Homing Spider Droid( Great lego actually included a Stass Allie instead of Adi, more move accurate and it's a good looking set.)

Duel on Geonosis( An Incredible set if you ask me, since we get all new minifigs and a pretty large an detailed Hnagar Bay.)

Advent Calander( The Best of the Best, I love the new Scout Trooper all the other great minifigs in it including Boba and Santa Jango, who I just plan on making a regualr Jango.)

Republic Gunship( A great set that includes all the character's I really need to complete my Episode 2 collection.)

Well, it looks like a pretty good year for lego, I can't wait until all the sets are out in another 6 months :hmpf_bad:

Count Dooku is wicked and so is Poggle, I must get them! Poggle's torso is so detailed.

We finally get a brown female face! though she has blue eyes, maybe she can be used as Rihanna?

The slave Leia is great, I'm glad she got a new hairpiece and re-designed body. Max is awesome too, though a little sloppy. His head reminds me of some cartoon.

The new padme is... I'm speechless :laugh: Her face is so accurate and the hairpiece is a piece of art :blush:

The advent calendar toys are great! :thumbup:

Edited by Otherworld

My fears about the AT-TE look to be resolved :)

It's much more accurate; I like the new cannon and it has a more compact shape and is this closer to the film version.

Would have liked the joint pieces to be printed, but as such pieces already exist its just a simple part substitution.

The rest of the sets aren't of interest to me and i'll bricklink the figures (which, despite the sets) are great. Was disappointed with the new mandalorians, not even leg printing, c'mon lego!

Anyone notice the neck thing on Yoda? It attaches to a pole you can swing around to give Yoda that big "jumping around" action. Cool!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Wow, that new Yoda looks great! As do count Dooku, Ree Yees (sp?) and the new slave Leia. Jango Fett, woohoo! Finally a new version after 11 years. Very cool. And an actual Natalie Portman minifigure face. Nice!

I'm quite disappointed with Adi Gallia's face. We finally get a proper, black, female minifigure face... and she has alien blue eyes. Drat. Sure, it's perfect for Gallia, so yes, she perfectly resembles the character she's supposed to be. But blue eyes on a black face render it pretty much useless for any other black female character (like Martha Jones from Doctor Who, for instance). So, compliments to the designers for such attention to detail but please, give us a more generally useful black female face? Pretty please? Finally?

True, the hairpiece almost never fits ideally, except in the case of Draco Malfoy himself. But why would you say we don't have different colours? To the best of my knowledge, this is pretty much the only new hairpiece which we will get in almost all colours: Draco has a blonde one, Anakin and Hawkeye and the Iron Man 3 dude all have a colour useful for red-haired people, Bruce Wayne and the Mandarin and several Star Wars characters have a black one, Fenrir Greyback has a dark brown one and count Dooku will be getting what looks like a light grey or white hairpiece. That's pretty much all colours actual human hair has, right?

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

Better view of JEK-14's arm -- and a white lightsaber hilt!

-Sci

Awesome! Thanks for the pic. I must get that fig, or at least, the arm alone.

Ow that Max Rebo is just too cute!

And Coleman Trebor is just like a Picasso-portrait. Such a cool alien-jedi! (http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3486_1360502295.jpg & http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/PicassoGuernica.jpg)

I like Stass Allie (or Adi Gallia) too. All those jedi make me wanna collect them all.

I have a project on Cuusoo about more SW minifigs, and three of them are in the new sets, so i'm quite fond of the new sets!

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3472_1360502295.jpg and http://cuusoo.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/b9fe7/2a109/96e4a/c3119/56b3e/b5ece/d657e/8999e/thumb640x360.jpg

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3499_1360502295.jpg, http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/6/9/_DSC3493_1360502295.jpg and http://cuusoo.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/0fa76/55147/ddd45/01d26/eb7e8/4698c/8eab4/9d865/thumb640x360.jpg

I even want that advent calendar!

(btw Darth Maul chicken-robotstyle is also big thumbs up!)

Edited by Borex

Thanks for the link. I already have the last AT-TE, Gunship and the Sail Barge and I think they are very cool sets If you don't have them yet or like Star Wars at all.

The Geonosis Battle is nice to have for a non CW style Yoda and as a parts pack for me and It's probably the only set on this lineup I'm going to get for now.

_DSC3527_1360504570.jpgOn the website Toyark, there is a catagory called special lego star wars:http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/toy-fair-2013-special-star-wars-lego-images-7239/

There is a thing with yoda on a new york street. Notice how in some of the pictures there are other figures seen in the glass. Who is the figure next to Leia.