Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Excellent new figures (quickly swaps Sail Barge Leia's hair for superior hairpiece) all around. Looks like this might be a decent wave after all!

Nice that the large pipe-thing in the Yoda vs. Dooku duel is a lot more screen accurate. I'll be getting a lot of CW Yodas this year!

The minifigures in the pictures are only prelims so more than likely that Yoda will have a new head and slave Leia will have a different hairpiece.

They've already shown a new head for Yoda and hairpiece for Leia in the Yoda Chronicles. Since the Gunship and Sail Barge are identical to the ones being released, chances are the minifigures are too. Hopefully Leia's hair will be ABS and not that cheap rubber Lego seem to be using a lot lately.

qxm2qe.jpg

28wdtz7.jpg

Following the logic that the recent Jabba's Palace 2.0 and the Rancor Pit were meant to be combined together and a blaze of marketing genius, how likely could it be that both 75019 AT-TE and the 75021 Republic Gunship are capable of combination mode?

I was rewatching Landing at Point Rain earlier and it dawned on me that those sets are going to be out around the same time so... in the case TLG misses this chance maybe a little retrofitting could make them compatible? Maybe the standing area of the gunship pops out for easier play and you can attach some kind of handle on the AT-TE.

The Gunship is an LAAT/i while the AT-TEs were carried by the LAAT/c.

LATT/i

Laati-NEGVV.jpg

LAAT/c:

LAATc_TCW.jpg

Although the 'actual' ships were designed to be modular, I can't see any indication that TLG followed suit. Without extensive mods I don't see how they would be able to work together unfortunately.

Edited by thedrivingcat

I wonder if the new slave Leia will include a new face expression. I mean we do see Lego do that from time to time (Most recently for Han and Luke). It would be nice to have a new option other than the happy or angry we have now (A scared face would be fitting).

Following the logic that the recent Jabba's Palace 2.0 and the Rancor Pit were meant to be combined together and a blaze of marketing genius, how likely could it be that both 75019 AT-TE and the 75021 Republic Gunship are capable of combination mode?

I was rewatching Landing at Point Rain earlier and it dawned on me that those sets are going to be out around the same time so... in the case TLG misses this chance maybe a little retrofitting could make them compatible? Maybe the standing area of the gunship pops out for easier play and you can attach some kind of handle on the AT-TE.

LEGO already made a LAAT/c before. It could lift both the UT-AT that came with it, and the AT-TE from 2007.

I am the only one who calls the AT-TE the 'pig walker'? Does it not look like a pig? Some people refer to the AT-ST as a chicken walker. Barnyard animals make excellent tank concept designs, according to Lucas.

Because pigs have 6 legs? They always looked more insect-like to me.

Edited by The Legonater

LEGO already made a LAAT/c before. It could lift both the UT-AT that came with it, and the AT-TE from 2007.

The 2009 Republic Dropship 10195 could lift the AT-OT that come with it, and the 7675 AT-TE from 2008 ​ along with 8098 Clone Turbo Tank from 2010.

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

the sets look interesting for sure. I'm not dying to get any of them, but there are great looking figure for sure. i think LEGO is counting on people the figures the most since almost all of them are new prints or figures altogether. i will wait to pass better judgment when official pictures are posted.

Is it a new Scout Trooper in the Advent Calendar? It looks like he has black legs with white printing, and black arms. EDIT: it is, and a new torso print.

EDIT: check

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/toy-fair-2013-lego-star-wars-images-7236/

They've got pics of the new sets from toyfair. Sorry the link might not work, I'm on my iPad, just copy and paste.

Lots of stuff has turned out better IMO, but Maul, is not show accurate to the scene, he looks like the version where he hasn't been found by the Mandos yet.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Is it a new Scout Trooper in the Advent Calendar? It looks like he has black legs with white printing, and black arms. EDIT: it is, and a new torso print.

EDIT: check

http://www.toyark.co...rs-images-7236/

They've got pics of the new sets from toyfair. Sorry the link might not work, I'm on my iPad, just copy and paste.

Lots of stuff has turned out better IMO, but Maul, is not show accurate to the scene, he looks like the version where he hasn't been found by the Mandos yet.

there brilliant looks like i need to start saving now

by the way should i get jabbas palace or wait for the sailbarge

Edited by legocaptainrexfan

These look AWESOME!

I will probably be picking up:

Mandalorian Speeder- definitely!

Homing Spider Droid- probably

Advent Calendar- probably

Tank Droid- maybe?

75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid $19.99 271 pieces

75016 Homing Spider Droid $29.99 295 pieces

75017 Duel on Geonosis $39.99 391 pieces

75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfoghter $69.99 550 pieces

75019 AT-TE $??? 794 pieces

75020 Jabba's Sail Barge $119.99 850 pieces

75021 Republic Gunship $119.99 1175 pieces

75022 Mandalorian Speeder $24.99 211 pieces

75023 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar $39.99 254 pieces

The guns the Clone Trooper's are holding are not new. Just a gun with a piece on the end.

Who is that white jedi?

I'm guessing she's a Miralian, and a new character in the Yoda Chronicles, much like Jek-14 is. Also, is that a new person next to her? I know the other two are Boba Fett and Adi Gallia.

there brilliant looks like i need to start saving now

by the way should i get jabbas palace or wait for the sailbarge

I would go for the palace, I have the 2012 skiff twice, and in combination with the palace, it will do for my.

Plus i don't like the barge, only the figures. These can of course be purchased at briklink.

-----------------------

I like the EPII sets, but i hate how inconsistent TLG is. Some figures have leg printing, some have waste printing, some have both and others have nothing... Can't they just pick one and stay with it!

$120 for the Sail Barge?! Yikes! WowEmote.gif

JEK-14 looks interesting, will have to wait and see FBTB's pics to see if he has a transparent blue arm...

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

i thought adi gallia had a blue lightsaber not green because thats her cousin. I also dont understand all the haste on the sail barge i think it looks awesome, you havent even seen it all open up yet. As for Coleman trebeur it has disappointed me. I don't see why we don't get arm printing on jango though, they only did that once on boba in the cloud city set to my knowledge.

Edited by Legoman123

Hooooly schmokes!! :oh:

Those sets look amaaazing :wub:

My favorite so far is the Duel On Geonosis (I think it's called?)

I've been waiting for a fleshy, non-CW Count Dooku forever now and I absolutely love it. Christopher Lee is so recognisable in it :excited:

Also I like how has quite a bit more in it, now. With a few tiny buildings that seem to represent the Geonosian catacombs, and that large pillar.

Poggle the Lesser looks terrific as well :sweet:

I'm going for the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid too, even though it's mainly just for Jango Fett :devil:

If the Mandalorian Speeder isn't too big and expensive (which it doesn't seem to be, at the moment), I'll get that one too. The Mando's look very cool and so does Darth Maul (albeit a lot less, in my opinion).

Not really sure about JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter yet. The figs look cool (except for the weird blue guy, who is just... well, weird), but I don't really like the vehicle and doesn't seem to be adding to anything, I feel.

The AT-TE looks remarkable smaller than the previous version. I don't think I'll be buying it as it doesn't hold anythign interesting for me except the Coleman Trebor fig :sceptic:

Aaaahh, the Gunship :cry_happy: my favorite vessel by far and this time it comes with my other long-awaited minifigures. Fleshy, non-CW Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme. Who all look amazing, by the way. I will definitely get this as well :purrr:

I won't be buying Jabba's Sailbarge as I'm not that into OT, so..

The LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar seems to have a lot of interesting stuff and figs as well. Will probably by it :classic:

Regards,

Mitch