Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

These sets look, well interesting...

-Corporate Alliance Tank Droid- It looks very strange compared to the old one, almost like lego tried to put to much detail in it so they can say something is different in the set. I definently won't be picking this one up now, because if I were to get it, I would only be getting it for Jango who I can now pick up in the advent calander.

-Homing Spider Droid- I'm actually really liking the looks of this one, it's nice to see an Adi Gilla finally, opening the door to possibly seeing a Stass Allie in the future. The Spider Droid itself looks actually like an improvment from the previous version and it's also nice to get a Dwarf Spider Droid along with this set, so I'll probally end up picking this one up.

-Duel on Geonosis- I'm like the feel of this one as it really is just a playset. The minifigs are great although I can't see the new PIlot Droid at the moment. The only concern I have is the price, I can't see this set being 45 dollars, but I'm going to pick it up regardless of the price.

-JEK-14's Jedi Starfighter- The minifigs are great looking and the ships okay, a bit blocky if you ask me, but I don't have an interest in the set itself so I can count this one as a pass.

-AT-TE- Highly disappointing set, although it's nice to see a Coleman Trebor, the return of Geonosian Battle Droids and a Clone Commander, the set has not imporved much an there's a major lack in clone troopers that come with this set so it's a pass for me.

-Jabba's Sail Barge- Worst set lego could have released I personally think, to much Jabba Stuff all in a short period of time. The set itself has actually gotten worst than the previous version, but the minifigs are great. Despite this it's certainly not enough to convince me to pick it up. I will eventually pick up a Max Rebo and Slave Leia on Ebay though.

-Republic Gunship- A great set, glad to see you get the major characters all in one set and I also like the gunship a lot so I'll be picking this one up for sure.

-Mandalorian Speeder- The best set of the Wave if you ask me. Although the speeder isn't the most accurate set we've ever seen, you get two Mandalorian Super Commandos and Darth Maul with Dark Saber and Regular Lightsaber. This one is an instant buy for me.

-Starhopper- I have to admite, I'm a bit disapppointed in this set. The shape of the ship is a bit to inaccurate for me and I don't have any idea what episode of the CW this set is based off of. I'll have to wait for final pictures in order to make my final judgement call, but at this point, I porbally won't pick this one up.

-Advent Calander- The best advent calander to date if you ask me. It's great to see some more exclusive minifigs in the calander this year, making it a purchase for me.

As of now, I'm purchasing 4 out of the 9 sets coming out, but I'll wait to make my final call on sets until we see pictures at the Toy Fair on Monday.

Edited by North Lego Star

Not impressed, I'll be saving money this summer. The only set I will be getting is Jabba's Sail Barge.

It says "Jek-14 X2". Why would it come with more than one Jek-14 figure? Is he a clone or something?

I removed the deep links as they are stamped preliminary. You can still copy and paste the address though, which will take you to the video on Youtube.

Interesting pictures, but a preliminary picture is a preliminary picture, so I'll wait until we get better, more finalized pictures before I judge the sets. I still don't know how I'm going to get all of these AOTC sets though, especially because there's quite a few this wave. Also, it's really nice how they included the darksaber for Maul in the Mandalorian Speeder set! Hopefully it's updated from the one we got in the Pre Vizsla starfighter set, but I doubt it.

A bit non fussed on some of the sets, I'll pick them up on sale but only a few I would rush out to buy, the Laati is one along with the sail barge as I missed it first time around.

I'm definitely in for all of the sets. There are usually one or two sets per wave that I'm pretty "meh" about, but not this time. We've been long overdue for AotC sets.

Dear "Wout" , can you describe us the Stealth Starfighter ? How it look like.. Was it yellow?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already or not..... 75018 Stealth Fighter is a black E Wing fighter. I was in one of the local independent stores hunting for 2013 sets and was allowed to look through the book.

It says "Jek-14 X2". Why would it come with more than one Jek-14 figure? Is he a clone or something?

Maybe he is a clone, I can remember something from a game were a clone was called X2.

mmm, better start saving now, plus hiding the money from the wife :) Really like the look of the Gunship, and the Mandalorian Speeder will be a must

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

I'm quite impressed by the Gunship and AT-TE in a non CW format. I'm not usually a great fan of the PT, but I can see myself getting both of these if I can find them at a reasonable discount. I'm still not sure about the Barge though, I'll wait until final images appear before making a final judgement.

*SNIP*

It looks like darth maul will have new torso, and in the 75018 will be 2 Jek-14.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Removed embedded video. Do not post confidential pictures here.

Interesting but still no info about the defender :cry_sad:

There is not much improvement in the re-released vehicles but they look good, The starhopper is strange, I like it and I don't like it at the same time, better wait how it runs out in the end. Maul's speeder is awful, nothing interesting there, only the figs. Overall Im kinda disappointed with the summer sets, my only hope is the Defender-class cruiser from TOR.

more pics: *snip*

It looks like darth maul will have new torso, and in the 75018 will be 2 Jek-14.

not very many new pics in there, but we already got many. That guy in the video really mashes all minifig names up.

Oh, maybe you'd better remove the video from EB, instead post a link, as confidential images are not allowed in here. Else the MODs have to do that again.

What I'm very disappointed with is that LEGO will give that blue alien thingy in the Sail Barge DBG hands again. Hello LEGO, where's the point?! Both the new Watto and Aayla had them with no reason. The most interesting thing is that those blue hands already exist on the old figure of Watto and therefor go for around 20 bucks on BL (EACH!). I really don't get the point of doing this!

What I'm very disappointed with is that LEGO will give that blue alien thingy in the Sail Barge DBG hands again. Hello LEGO, where's the point?! Both the new Watto and Aayla had them with no reason. The most interesting thing is that those blue hands already exist on the old figure of Watto and therefor go for around 20 bucks on BL (EACH!). I really don't get the point of doing this!

remember these are just preliminary photos so they are bound to change.

X1 and x2 are clones of a jedi. They were in the Battlefront Elite squadron. One became a sith and the other jedi, after the Order 66

It doesnt seems to be one of them

It was the last Battlefront, for PSP only.

Edited by Mr Meleca

Hm, I love the new the Mando Speeder. I love the Maul. I hope the mados are red like in the episode. Maybe even the one with horns.

I think most of the new sets are pretty disapointing.

What figs could come the Sttarhopper?

More detailed video

Edited by nrg

Really tempted by the Mandolorian Speeder set. Although the fig selection is odd (background-wise, I love the idea of mando super commandos. Interested to see how they do a robed Maul, I already have the shirtless one.) no Satine or anything. I can't remember Maul being in one of those speeders in the show.

Following the logic that the recent Jabba's Palace 2.0 and the Rancor Pit were meant to be combined together and a blaze of marketing genius, how likely could it be that both 75019 AT-TE and the 75021 Republic Gunship are capable of combination mode?

I was rewatching Landing at Point Rain earlier and it dawned on me that those sets are going to be out around the same time so... in the case TLG misses this chance maybe a little retrofitting could make them compatible? Maybe the standing area of the gunship pops out for easier play and you can attach some kind of handle on the AT-TE.

I am the only one who calls the AT-TE the 'pig walker'? Does it not look like a pig? Some people refer to the AT-ST as a chicken walker. Barnyard animals make excellent tank concept designs, according to Lucas.

I am firmly in disbelief that we are seriously getting a Max Rebo... that is truly outstanding. It means a complete Rebo band is now more likely than ever. Sy Snoodles had a central role in at least one CW episode.

Excellent new figures (quickly swaps Sail Barge Leia's hair for superior hairpiece) all around. Looks like this might be a decent wave after all!

Nice that the large pipe-thing in the Yoda vs. Dooku duel is a lot more screen accurate. I'll be getting a lot of CW Yodas this year!

I am also incredulous about getting a homing spider droid. I love this droid, but it gets zero love in The Clone Wars series... I am certain it does not make an appearance. Perhaps it's utter failure at being a tactical advantage in the Battle of Geonosis pushed it into cancellation for the Trade Federation. I love the old ToysRUs exclusive (though it cost a small fortune!).

Oh... Young Boba gets a Clone helmet for Christmas. That is truly adorable. :D

Edited by darththeling

All those sets look promising to me. Even if you're not into CW / OR, or whatever, there will be some nice figs and cool ships.

X1 and x2 are clones of a jedi. They were in the Battlefront Elite squadron. One became a sith and the other jedi, after the Order 66

It doesnt seems to be one of them

It was the last Battlefront, for PSP only.

I did already know that. But now I see X2 wasn't meant to be a character, but it means you get the trooper twice. Though that seems strange, as in the official image every minifig was shown once.