2013-lego

[MOC] Modular Apple Reseller With Apartment

Hi all,

After being busy (too busy for Lego unfortunately), I finally got some spare time to build something again. So here is my third modular MOC: The Apple Reseller with an apartment. It is possible to build this in real life: all the parts exist in large amounts in these colors on bricklink. This set would use stickers.

Front view of the building:

appst1.jpg

1st Floor: The Apple Reseller with different products and accessories. There is also a Genius Bar. Next to the store, there is an entrance to the apartment.

appst2.jpg

appst3.jpg

appst4.jpg

Using the stairs, we get to the 2nd floor:

appst5.jpg

There is also an old attic with old stuff:

appst6.jpg

This is what the building looks like when combined with my Orange Building MOC and the 10182 Cafe Corner:

appst7.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

This is simply stunning! I love the design. Though, I've seen some Apple Stores with two floors (hey, that rhymes!) and I think that would apply well here. Maybe just a stockroom on top. I love some of the pieces you used quite well such as the design of the chandelier and the cupboards with the boxes.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, did you make this with LDD or LDraw?

Excellent work!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Beautiful modular '2013-Lego', excellent upstairs kitchen (great looking light fixture too) and what an Apple store downstairs......iBrick On '2013-Lego' ! :grin:

This is gorgeous! There are some very nice exterior features - the architecture in itself is great, and I love the ornamentation you've done with the clips by the door. The top floor balcony is also a nice touch. But the interior details are even better - just the way you've recessed the iPods into the tables like that is very clever, and very simple. The piano, the easel and, not least, the fridge magnets are other favourites of mine. Great job!

I'd really love to see it brick-built. What does your wallet think about that?

At first I thought this store bought used apples - as in the fruit - and then refurbished them to sell. :blush:

As much as I am not a fan of Apple, this MOC is incredible! Maybe you should make it into a Lego store with a house on top...

WOW! This is a stunning building. The attention to detail is spectacular both in and out. I would love to see this brick built, but i imagine it's close to 3000 bricks? i think my favourite bit is the piano in the attic, great touch, but the apple store looks so realistic too :wub: just wonderful overall

This is a fantastic build. I especially love the arch construction which holds the candelabra on the second floor.

I'm also very fond of the color scheme and the roof architecture.

If those grey two by two plates in the Apple store are supposed to be iPads, shouldn't they be black instead of grey?

Good smack in the face with that title. First picture I thought wowza it's brick built. Then I read your post so another smack in face. So a great job on the renders and the Design. Looks even better with your other buildings. Thanks for sharing and please stop smacking me in the face :grin:

Gorgeous! :wub: I love the colour choices and the facade on this building, especially the seamless combination of modern shopfront and older building.

There's something grand about your buildings. It's not just their size, but their style as well.

Personally, I was expecting apples (not Apple) in a store, so that part came as a surprise. However it looks fine as it is. I was amazed by numerous details on the facades and SNOT building. It looks fantastic and very inspirational! Would be great to see them brickbuild. Well done! :thumbup:

Wow! This is a really amazing build! I love the colours and how they go together!!

Adding the modern to the classic like that really makes this moc very unique, and I love it! It totally changes the feel of the modular buildings to a something like a modern downtown with lots of classic building!

Great job!

Love everything about this. Love that it's Apple inspired, love the colors, LOVE the huge window on the 2nd floor, LOVE the magnets on the fridge... Awesome model, and would easily pay $200 for it.

As others have asked, what program did you use to make this???

This is a beautiful building! I really llke all the details in the Apple store, very realistic. The second floor is furnished very well, and I really like all the "texture" elements you added to the outside of he building. I hope you do make it in bricks.

Did you get a parts count?

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy D

Absolutely stunning and beautiful, even though the store is Apple-themed ;)

Totally love the exterior, and the interior is done exquisitely aswell (including the store).

If I had to find anything that could be criticized, it's that it's missing a bed- and a bathroom. I could just see both in the attic, with the bed facing the big window and balcony, looking out over a big park on the other side of the street...

But then there wouldn't be room for the nice attic, of course ;)

Thanks for all the kind words! Really appreciate it. This is done using Ldraw. The part count is 3931 and I might build this one.

@TheMagician: I totally forgot to change the color! Don't know how I could have missed that. But it's fixed now.

@Aussie BJ: How do ya like them apples?

@Roger_Smith: I thought about putting a bedroom on the top floor. But the old, dusty attic appealed slightly more to me. Another option was to build a floor in between to accommodate for a bedroom and toilet, but that would make the building too large and not very nice, "in line" height-wise, with the other modulars.

Thanks again for all the kindness!

This is amazing, what more can I say. I like how you created the interior (and especially the chandelier) but my favourite is the exterior with a beautiful combination of blue and grey. This creation absolutely calls to be brickbuilt. Well, not only this one, but the rest of your buildings too. :wink:

Well done!

Awesome work :thumbup: :thumbup: Very well detailed :wink: