ZCerberus

PLEASE wander OUT of the subforum!

... I do agree with Z however that we do need to post in the other forums more often. I actually was thinking about how worthless my banner is as I hardly ever post outside of GoH. :blush: I just really don't have enough motivation and time to be stalking the other forums other than new products which often times is easier to find on Brickset.

Yea, I don't post as much in other places as I should probably, only in a couple of topics that interest me. I could try to post in the Historic theme section more, but I also lack motivation (and time) to do very much anywhere else.

@ZC: Thanks for being a trooper and running interference b/w the participants and mods of GOH. How can I help other than posting in the other forums? I am at your service.

Hello guys! I want to join this amazing sub forum, but I need to know more.

Rules, what must i do and what i need to know for beginner and etc.

Its pretty simple! You can find most of the info you are looking for here

Read up on the Guilds, pick one and create a fig. Then the fun's ready to begin! :classic:

@ZC: Thanks for being a trooper and running interference b/w the participants and mods of GOH. How can I help other than posting in the other forums? I am at your service.

Well to be fair, I am more or less in on it with them. I know all their secrets now, and even their real names. Like Rumpelstiltskin, when you know their real names they lose ALL their power.

The main thing to be a good Historican is to indeed spread what you have learned in Historica to the masses. Make useful comments, invite people (politely) to Historica if they seem like they would be good fits.

And of course prepare for the next round.

There will certainly be some freebuild time, but hopefully the next chapters will be fun, different and better than the first round.

Well to be fair, I am more or less in on it with them. I know all their secrets now, and even their real names. Like Rumpelstiltskin, when you know their real names they lose ALL their power...

Is that why Si-MOCs has so little power in Kaliphlin? :look::tongue:

...There will certainly be some freebuild time, but hopefully the next chapters will be fun, different and better than the first round.

:moar:

Well to be fair, I am more or less in on it with them. I know all their secrets now, and even their real names. Like Rumpelstiltskin, when you know their real names they lose ALL their power.

I know your name :devil:

I really have to say, the normal History forum currently being flooded by LOTR stuff and its really hard to keep up with anything that is not LOTR. It's not that I do not like the LOTR sets we were given (except for the price and the fleshies :wink: ) but I kinda fear that there is a split in the general History forum between the castle guys here and the LOTR guys there, not really the kind of way things were originally planned I suppose. In short: it's really kinda hard to venture out of the subforum if you're not interested in discussing LOTR

Wow, somehow, I missed half of the discussion here (yes, the I.A.M.S.-member responsible for this is now a mining slave, on to the next one).

Anyway, every now and then, I comment on a topic there, but 100's of Helm Deeps castles are too many. Most of them are fantastic, but it is hard to find new positive comments for something you already saw a dozen times.

Luckily, every now and then, there is a non-Lotr-MOC (also thanks to Nightstalker for his funny surviving tips!!) :classic:

But, really great job ZC on advertising our project so much!!! I really hope you'll don't get burned out as your work for us is amazing! :classic:

I agree with Kabel on the subtitle of our forum at the history page!

And also on a beautifull background for the GoH page!

I also think that if you (or the one who can do that) put a link to our wikia in a small box on top of the GoH page , sometimes people will click it and will get excited by this project by reading some of the pages :classic:

And I know yours LD. Heck, I even have your address!! :devil:

no you don't, thats a friend who lives close by, my letter box is too small to fit anything somewhat larger than a letter in it. 'sides, I move in like 3 weeks :P

I know YOUR address though :devil:

I find it's almost the complete opposite with myself. I think I post too little in GoH, which should be changing in the next couple of weeks once I get phase one of a 3 year building project finished.

Guilds of Historica: Moccer's playground.

Went with something similar. Paradise y'all, paradise.

Hi,

I’m a long time lurker in GoH. As a Lego enthusiast, I love looking at all the detailed Medieval MOCs. Several times I’ve been tempted to join a guild, start building and take pictures to post. What has stopped me is no real hook for newcomers to join. I’m still confused how it all works. I think that I’m supposed to make a sig fig with a story? Then I can start making free builds for my guild? If a challenge comes along, I can build something specific for it? I would love to build some Dwarven MOCs for Mitgardia and some Elven MOCs for Avalonia, but I don’t think that’s permitted.

For what it’s worth from an outsiders perspective, I think a very simple newbies guide to help newcomers get started would be helpful. Like I said it’s all very confusing when you first wander in…heck, I’ve been lurkering for 2 years and I still haven’t figure out how everything works officially.

Edited by jade-sabre

Great points and suggestion.

As for joining, you have the basic gist. You can also build both Avalonia and Mitgardia MOCs, although perhaps for the guild you do not join, you could have a character that you control from your home guild "visiting" the location that you have put up the MOC. There really are no strict rules here, other than don't off someone else's character without their permission.