gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello,

I thought I'd share my creation, the Defender-class light corvette, with you guys!

I had tried my hand at replicating the corvette in LEGO before news leaked of the official set and subsequently stopped improving my own design, hoping the TLG version would be as awesome as the Fury had been. Alas when the pictures finally leaked last week, I couldn't help but be disappointed. So I present to you now my own (finished) design;

8750774184_f90de80cd0_c.jpg

My favorite shot.

8749650111_ed321fdde9_c.jpg

The crew and view of the ramp and landing gear. It's a bit impractical but I really wanted to include a ramp for my figs, so the corvette sits a bit higher than I'd like. The landing gear itself also folds up neatly (forgot to take a picture of that).

8750774062_504b8d6a93_c.jpg

The pilot's seat can rotate so he can actually get out and take a nap when I'm not looking. The medical beds can slide out so the injured can be transported safely, or they would anyway if those damn troopers would stop watching TV and let them pass.

8751275966_6b101e3d94_c.jpg

A picture of the "airlock" hatch open. The floor slides out revealing sweet sweet death or maybe a space station airlock if they're lucky.

8750773886_3ee8ae4c34_c.jpg

The engines where the hardest for me to translate into LEGO, I'm quite happy with the final result. Maybe some trans blue dishes though.

My creation's approximate dimensions are; 41 studs long (not counting laser cannon tips), 34 studs wide and 13 studs high (with landing gear folded up).

It consists of 1222 (or 1226 once they update the parts list) parts, not including minifigs and weapons. You can download the "instructions" here. I've used normal red as a junk color so those bricks can be any color. Also if you're building it replace the yellow 1x4 tiles with the 1x4 light bley stud plates.

Thanks for taking an interest,

khatmorg, on Flickr

Edited by khatmorg

Very nice version! Allot better then the one that is going to be released, even the figs are great!

P.S. How did you do the mantle/cape of the Jedi Knight?

This is quite impressive, I've been wanting to make one of these although I find the official set to be good, this is great! You've packed a substantial interior in a relatively small space. Bravo on the shaping!

Excellent craft with great detailing......and remember Lego's own designs are to a price point is their detailing might not be as good as we always hope for.

Brick On 'khatmorg' ! :grin:

Great job!. I agree with the others, for the most part this ship looks better than the official one.

A really incredible build. I love the slenderness of the design and the fact that has such a detailed interior! My hat's off to you, good sir!

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: Very well detailed :wink:

Very nice version! Allot better then the one that is going to be released, even the figs are great!

P.S. How did you do the mantle/cape of the Jedi Knight?

You haven't seen that before? You put the neck holes around the arms/pop the arms off and reattach them through the holes. It's neato.

Good...

Like everytime, i quess

wut

I was really going to get the official one, but now i checked yours and its light years better than the official version. Really great details and interior design, also the curve under the cockpit is way more accurate than on the soon-to-be released model. Congrats! Also the BP clone armor is really looks great on the Jedi.

I'm jelaous :blush:

You haven't seen that before? You put the neck holes around the arms/pop the arms off and reattach them through the holes. It's neato.

Thanks for the info, gonna try it out! I was already thinking about putting extra holes in the cape to attach it like that ^^

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

Thanks for the info, gonna try it out! I was already thinking about putting extra holes in the cape to attach it like that ^^

I just poked some extra holes in the cape as well :tongue:,

I just poked some extra holes in the cape as well :tongue:,

Ok, that's why it looks so good ^^

That looks awesome and better then the official one. I take it the Jedi mini fig is based on a SWTOR character of yours?

I love how you got the shape of the ship so perfectly done. Outstanding. The official set pales in comparison.

Any chance for the LDD file? I'd love to make one for myself.

I've started to recreate it in LDD but it's proving to be a pain, so no promises!

Edited by khatmorg

Very nice. I'm a bit disappointed the official one didn;t show up today with the rest of the summer wave on Lego.com.

Wow. 75025 was already excellent for a set, but when I look closer at this model, I can see all the subtle changes and how effectively you've blended all the plates and curved bricks to make this one so much better. :wub: The 3-tall bridge instead of 4-tall appears less squarish, the plates forming the hull angle slightly to meet the curved bricks instead of sitting flat and being stacked up, the ring of slopes around the docking rings are less abrupt, the larger engines appear less disproportionate, and the model has a fantastic interior. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the kind words!

I finished building a (slightly updated) digital model that you can download, here , for the people interested. There are some issues with the digital model though, some missing slopes (I'll update that when TLG updates the parts list) next to the reactor and the table is supposed to be dejarik game. There are also some connections LDD doesn't seem to like, so I've just included those parts without attaching them to the main model. It should be fairly obvious where to connect them in the real model though. The top part just sits on the real model without any stud connections, so that's separate as well.

Anyway, enjoy!

I forgot to mention, normal red means use whatever color you want!

Edited by khatmorg

Thanks for the kind words!

I finished building a (slightly updated) digital model that you can download, here , for the people interested. There are some issues with the digital model though, some missing slopes (I'll update that when TLG updates the parts list) next to the reactor and the table is supposed to be dejarik game. There are also some connections LDD doesn't seem to like, so I've just included those parts without attaching them to the main model. It should be fairly obvious where to connect them in the real model though. The top part just sits on the real model without any stud connections, so that's separate as well.

Anyway, enjoy!

I forgot to mention, normal red means use whatever color you want!

For whatever reason, the download isn't working.