Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

MOC - CP3500 Portguese Passenger Train

This train is a replica of the commuter train from Lisbon

actually walk everyday them :)

has two floors, two 9V motors, about 1 meter and 60 centimeters

it took me about a year to build

almost 4000 pieces

these photos has no stickers yet, but I think its enough to compare to the original

Hope you like it

8546933148_6e142c4459_c.jpg

8758548616_745ac9d010_c.jpg

8757425367_922c605b7f_c.jpg

8758547984_741d37f149_c.jpg

8757422791_fbbc3df030_c.jpg

8758545654_3e502efe97_c.jpg

i know it should be 7wide, but i dont have enough bircks to do that modification for now :)

You captured some great details there! I really like the pantograph :D

Marvellous and gigantic, how take te curves?, only two motors?

Good Job!!!

needs a big straight line to get some balance and power, but it curves with no problem :)

Wow, you certainly are an amazing builder of trains! It looks very accurate I like how you didn't use and stickers(Well, that I can see). Although I'm not a purist, I think stickers take away from MOCs most of the time.

I can't wait to see some more of your amazing builds, they all look so good! :grin:

Wow, you certainly are an amazing builder of trains! It looks very accurate I like how you didn't use and stickers(Well, that I can see). Although I'm not a purist, I think stickers take away from MOCs most of the time.

I can't wait to see some more of your amazing builds, they all look so good! :grin:

Be My Guest :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75394519@N03/

The technique that you used for the pantograph is the most ingenious I have ever seen. Very well done!

Nice work 'Sergio', though it might look even more realistic as an 8 wide judging by the image of the real thing. :blush:

But anyway, excellent work so Brick On 'Sergio' ! :grin:

Amazing MOC there, fantastic likeness and a perfect attention to detail. Well worth the time and money spent on it IMHO! :classic:

Happy building :laugh:

A fantastic build with tons of great details, e.g., I like the way you used the grilled cheese for steps/ladders on the cab unit.

The roof doesn't seem quite right to my eye. It looks like dark gray might be closer to the prototype, and if only there was some way to get rid of that grove... I came up with 5 alternatives, but after typing them up, none of them strike me as being better than what you did. Still as 93273 become cheaper in dark gray, it might look nice to redo the roof in all dark gray.

Since I typed the ideas up, I'll keep them here, but each idea has its own problems...

idea 1) 93273 into the studs on the side of 30414 laid on their back, with cheese bricks on the "top" studs. Then use 1x plates in what would be the "bottom" of the 1x4 bricks if it were upright to hold it all together. This design has two problems though, the final roof would be 1/2 plate too narrow on both sides, and there would still be a line at the edge of the cheese bricks.

idea 2) 93273 + cheese bricks like you did on the ends of the cars, only raise the 93273 1/2 of a plate. This design addresses both problems of idea 1, but now the slope is not as steep where the roof meets the walls.

idea 3) use 6005 arches, but then the windows become tricky.

idea 4) use 93273 + conventional 45 deg slopes, but you still have that half plate ridge and again, the slope is not as steep where the roof meets the walls

idea 5) use 93273 with a half plate offset + 92946, but now you have the funky corners of 92946 and the slope is not as steep where the roof meets the walls.

Very good work - dimensions (height vs width) are a bit off - but very good work!

I like that a lot, the only bit that looks a little odd to ms is the front windscreen but I guess there are no better pieces for that. Overall I think you got this well implemented.