This is my first try custom AR (Argument Reality) model. Using Minecraft brick for Mecabrick to test (This brick design have bug).

It would be nice if LDD or any Lego CAD have AR feature.

Edited by bbqqq

Well, I think we all want to know how you made that :grin:

It looks nice, by the way. It runs very smooth and it really looks like the brick sticks on the paper. :thumbup:

Well, I think we all want to know how you made that :grin:

It looks nice, by the way. It runs very smooth and it really looks like the brick sticks on the paper. :thumbup:

Thanks, 'legolijntje'. It was too late last night when I made that, so I post the tutorial this morning.

ipad: Get e-drawings APP (1.99 USD), open any 3d sample model, press [AR] then [get marker] button to send the marker e-mail to yourself. Print the marker to A4 paper. Try AR with sample model.

PC: Download and install eDrawings Publisher (free). Open your 3d model then save as edrawig format (*.eprt ). Then attache it to e-mail and send to youself.

ipad: Open the attachment with e-drawings APP.

This is fake but funny. :grin:

Edited by bbqqq

Bricks (tiles) built AR marker (target) test. Not so smooth for complex model.

Motorbike model by sebwouaib.

Edited by bbqqq

Play Mecabricks / Ldraw / LDD model in AR App (Augmented Reality). Using a brick-build AR marker.

Export mecabricks model to .stl then import and save it in e-drawings.

I will try to improve quality later.

19381584469_d7227d6413_c.jpgPlay Mecabricks model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18945569474_44fa34d4f2_c.jpgPlay Mecabricks model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

19381580359_000532cdbe_c.jpgPlay Mecabricks model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18945565734_eb422f1d55_c.jpgPlay Mecabricks model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

LDarw model test.

19570194495_9c0fcdcc8f_c.jpgYouTube Play LDraw model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

LDD model test.

18948330054_7176068f97_c.jpgYouTube Play LDD model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

^ The work flow is similar to post #3 above.

- ipad/iphone : Get e-drawings APP (2 USD), open any 3d sample model, press [AR] then [get marker] button to send the marker e-mail to yourself. Print the marker onto a paper. Try AR with any sample models.

- Open a Lego model in Mecabricks.com 's workshop, [file] -> [export] -> pick .stl format.

- PC: Download and install eDrawings Publisher / Viewer (free). Open your .stl model then save as edrawig format (*.eprt ). Then attache it to e-mail and send to youself.

http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/

- ipad: Open the attachment with e-drawings APP.

Colors and bevel test:

19412143090_9e2dc54cae_b.jpgYouTube Play easm model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

19593183882_687a3dd47a_b.jpgYouTube Play easm model in AR App (Augmented Reality) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Did you saw the last advertisement of Lego? Which uses AR technology. I think it's amazing :wub:. What do you think?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

read Lego history here