commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

41 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Good news! Via Star Wars' UK twitter account, Rebels has been renewed for a fourth season! 

Hopefully they'll also renew Kallus for another season of life too! :oh:

You mean it was originally supposed to end soon? :oh3:

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

You mean it was originally supposed to end soon? :oh3:

Not supposed to end, just rumors that Disney would cancel it early. Glad to hear we are getting Season 4, hopefully it is the time they need to connect it completely into Rogue One. I wonder if Rogue One helped boost interest in Rebels due to the cameos?

13 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Not supposed to end, just rumors that Disney would cancel it early. Glad to hear we are getting Season 4, hopefully it is the time they need to connect it completely into Rogue One. I wonder if Rogue One helped boost interest in Rebels due to the cameos?

The latest episode already ties strongly to the origin of Rogue One... just watch at the very end. I can't help but cheer for the Rebel Alliance!

1 hour ago, makoy said:

The latest episode already ties strongly to the origin of Rogue One... just watch at the very end. I can't help but cheer for the Rebel Alliance!

Oh ya :cry_happy: It was literally one of my favourite episodes or Rebels to date. 

I enjoyed today's episode. Really liked the Tie Defender in action. The rebel fleet jumping out of hyperspace was really cool.

It was nice to witness the Defender in action, although if it wasn't for the 2 y-wings had absolutly zero chances agaisn't that ship. 

Good episode. I found it appropriately intense despite the fact that certain characters obviously make it out ok. I'm sure there's also something more to those Gold leader pilots, like they're in such in such battle later on, but that's for a greater Star Wars fan than I to know! :grin:

The Empire felt appropriately threatening too--although whenever a Star Destroyer hyperspaces in, it's impressive. That said, I was almost thinking Governor Pryce was going to actually be killed--but luckily Star Destroyers have plot armor that's as strong or as weak as it needs to be, whenever it needs to be. :sceptic:

On the flip side I did not find the Rebel group hyperspace meeting to be cool. Did they even wait for Mon Mothma to finish her speech or did they just start jumping around the galaxy hours beforehand to get there in time? :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Good episode. I found it appropriately intense despite the fact that certain characters obviously make it out ok. I'm sure there's also something more to those Gold leader pilots, like they're in such in such battle later on, but that's for a greater Star Wars fan than I to know! :grin:

The Empire felt appropriately threatening too--although whenever a Star Destroyer hyperspaces in, it's impressive. That said, I was almost thinking Governor Pryce was going to actually be killed--but luckily Star Destroyers have plot armor that's as strong or as weak as it needs to be, whenever it needs to be. :sceptic:

On the flip side I did not find the Rebel group hyperspace meeting to be cool. Did they even wait for Mon Mothma to finish her speech or did they just start jumping around the galaxy hours beforehand to get there in time? :shrug_oh_well:

Lol wow... Now you've just ruined the episode for me :laugh: Lol that's a good point though.... 

16 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I loved the episode, it had so much absolutely gorgeous animation, but that transition was so dumb. Were they trying to fake out the audience? How did they not know the rebel armada was about to warp in?

Yeah that transition just didn't work. Although I wonder if that was just related to the limitations of being a 22 minute show. I think they just wanted to show the Rebels rallying, but to do so over like a time lapse of everyone coming together would have de-emphasized the importance of Mon Mothma's speech.

I've got to say watching the episode again I REALLY liked the brief conversation between Zeb and the pilot who is probably Norra Wexly (AKA mom of Snap Wexly who is Poe Dameron's buddy X-Wing pilot in the Force Awakens.) and I wish they had made that scene longer.

Essentially to me the bit reinforced the concept that victory has consequences, one I believe should always be true when a conflict is so asymmetrical as the Rebels is against the Empire. Sure they blew up Tarkin's Star Destroyer but I imagine that just like any other oppressive regime in real world history the Imperials took revenge on innocent civilians.

For instance I just watched a movie (Anthropoid) about the real historical assassination of the Nazi Reinhard Heydrich, architect of the final solution. After he died from his wounds the Nazis wiped out a whole bunch of Czechoslovakian villages in revenge killing a lot of innocent people who had nothing to do with the assassination attempt. In rebels they talked about the security cordon being tightened throughout the entire Outer Rim. Same thing happened in Prague in real life after the assassination and a lot of people died as a result. 

I don't mean to trivialize the real life tragedies inflicted by the Nazis but to me seeing Anthropoid and subsequently reading up on the history and then Rebels, it allowed me to appreciate a lot of the sub text in this episode.   

Edited by Forresto

Didn't watch the episode, but watched this… and I must say was rather underwhelmed. That Defender lost so easily… and the overall space battle seemed very boring as everyone was so calm.

TIE Defender coming... pew pew... Y-wings fight... explosion... closer to the Nebula... zzz...

I enjoyed last night's episode although I'm trying to work out why the Rebels used such an enormous ship to transport three people. The animation was top notch.

6 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That Defender lost so easily…

I haven't seen the episode yet, but from what I remember in Legends; the Tie Defender was a great ship. But it wasn't bullet proof. It was able to go one on one with an X-Wing, but it could probably be easily swarmed or defeated by either a larger force or  a well played strategy. Everything I have heard about the episode suggests only one lone Tie Defender was deployed. Maybe as a test, or perhaps a demonstration to the rebels that the ship they feared was entering the war. Lets hope for later episodes this season or next where the Defender gets to flex its full muscle. Twenty Defenders cutting through a swarm of Rebel ships would be fitting... 

With that said, Y-Wings are my favorite Star Wars starfighter, so I think I might have a bias... :laugh:

1 hour ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but from what I remember in Legends; the Tie Defender was a great ship. But it wasn't bullet proof. It was able to go one on one with an X-Wing, but it could probably be easily swarmed or defeated by either a larger force or  a well played strategy. Everything I have heard about the episode suggests only one lone Tie Defender was deployed. Maybe as a test, or perhaps a demonstration to the rebels that the ship they feared was entering the war. Lets hope for later episodes this season or next where the Defender gets to flex its full muscle. Twenty Defenders cutting through a swarm of Rebel ships would be fitting... 

With that said, Y-Wings are my favorite Star Wars starfighter, so I think I might have a bias... :laugh:

20 Defenders? Make it 5 and I dare the Rebels trying anything. 

The Y-wing was a very old craft even by A New Hope standards; it's very slow, not maneuverable but it's shields are extremly strong and can pack a punch agaisn't immobile or really slow targets. In Legends the Defender has a pretty powerfull shield, ridiculous speed ( the a-wing is slow compared to this craft ), 4 laser cannons, 2 ion cannons, an advanced tractor beam vs fast targets and could carry a lot of explosive ordinance, be it advanced missiles or heavy rockets and a hyper drive. High capital ship threat right there. 

The only counter you can muster agaisn't a TIE defender is range and homing missiles or being surrounded by all sides: once you get close agaisn't it and you don't pilot a Defender yourself hyper drive home or die. Or if you've got yourself an Imperial Missile boat. 

I don't want to discredit the X-wing, but in a brawl even 5 x-wings don't cut it, they won't be able to even take a shot at it. 

Next episode has deathtroopers, Thrawn, Kallus, and Pryce. I was thinking this episode would be filler but I may be wrong.

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Didn't watch the episode, but watched this… and I must say was rather underwhelmed. That Defender lost so easily… and the overall space battle seemed very boring as everyone was so calm.

I'd recommend watching the episode first. Because the TIE Defender didn't lose, it came back. And there is I guess two more space battles in the episode. 

10 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

The Y-wing was a very old craft even by A New Hope standards; it's very slow, not maneuverable but it's shields are extremly strong and can pack a punch agaisn't immobile or really slow targets. 

Old yes? But they are tough as nails, and highly accurate. Not to mention the scrap yard scene in Rebels suggests the Empire was still fielding Y-Wings only a few years before the Galactic Civil War started;

Plus:

#Y-WingsKilledGalenErso

#IfLukeFlewA Y-WingTheDeathStarWouldHave BeenBlownUpSooner

:laugh:

Edited by xboxtravis7992

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

Next episode has deathtroopers, Thrawn, Kallus, and Pryce. I was thinking this episode would be filler but I may be wrong.

Where did you see this?

Oh I really like the Y-wing too, it's soo much better than the TIE bomber, and supported by X-wings it can do marvels.

Hopefully the Defender is gonna be back on some occasions :D

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Oh I really like the Y-wing too, it's soo much better than the TIE bomber, and supported by X-wings it can do marvels.

Hopefully the Defender is gonna be back on some occasions :D

Yes let's hope for more Defenders too. They made the animation model already, so it should be easy to reuse time after time.

Good episode, but I'm really noticing the lack of Sabine. She kept Ezra in his place, but now he may be turning into a Wesley Crusher

I liked the latest episode very much and was quite enthralled by the imposing presence of a well coordinated Imperial attack plan. Of course due to plot of the movies through Endor the show goes on >=) But still it was fun! 

If next season turns out to be the last we get then I hope it parks us right up to Rogue One and shows us all the losses the Rebels endured to get to that point. 

Though, sadly, since the Rebel Fleet survives to the Battle of Endor we can probably already surmise that Thrawn will not be able to ever achieve the checkmate he hopes for and instead we will all have to settle for perhaps only the loss of the Phoenix cell in a valiant last stand to save the rest of the fleet. (We can surmise this too since I don't think we see that stolen Imperial carrier at Endor). 

1 hour ago, Artanis I said:

Good episode, but I'm really noticing the lack of Sabine. She kept Ezra in his place, but now he may be turning into a Wesley Crusher

I can't say I miss her, she was as much a Mary-Sue as Rey was to a point where I thought she a was freacking android. I also equally despise Ezra but calling him a Wesley Crusher is rough; as much as I love Next Generations when he's involved in an episode I want to skip it.