commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Well, prosthetic limbs are a much easier thing to do than functional eyes. Eye nerves are very intricate and complicated. But I would agree that such technology should already exist in the Star Wars universe.

True but somehow at the end of Empire Strikes back Luke's new hand seemed to be well connected to the nerves. He even felt pain when they poked at them. (Oo) So yeah it is mind boggling. 

10 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

The irony is that in Star Trek they have the technology to cure blindness, but there aren't many characters with prosthetic limbs (despite the fact they can also create a fully functioning android...) :laugh:

Also mind boggling! Writers need to shore up these loose ends! *huh*

Great, now Sabine has a third helmet variation (and new hair again), TLG still hasn't given us the first 2...

Pleased to see the yellow TIEs again, hoping for a Lego set of those.

10 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

True but somehow at the end of Empire Strikes back Luke's new hand seemed to be well connected to the nerves. He even felt pain when they poked at them. (Oo) So yeah it is mind boggling. 

Also mind boggling! Writers need to shore up these loose ends! *huh*

But pain receptors have to be easier to replicate than vision. There's an incredible amount of information coming from one's eyes.

This was a pretty great episode. Seeing Maul again on Rebels is surprisingly satisfying. Of course we all must know what his character arc is now. Its going to happen, that ending all but confirmed it. Very exciting!

Episode 2 was great. Very interested in who maul is talking about at the end.. Either Vader or Obi-wan. I'm leaning to Vader though with Ezra saying twin suns I'm on both sides.

16 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

Episode 2 was great. Very interested in who maul is talking about at the end.. Either Vader or Obi-wan. I'm leaning to Vader though with Ezra saying twin suns I'm on both sides.

Its definitely the former. Twin suns is Tatooine which while connected to Vader is more importantly home to Obi-Wan and Luke. Considering Ezra is looking for a way to destroy the Sith and Maul is looking for Hope, the only thing to intersect both I can think of is Luke. Maul I feel is gunning for Obi Wan.

It felt a lot like the last episode with Bendu, Kanan and the spiders all over again. 

Forresto may be right with Maul's goal too :)

There are a couple small things that bug me about Maul's character design --- his teeth and his legs. His teeth are cleaner and straighter than they were in Episode I! And while it's very possible that he could've had an upgrade to his legs, that just doesn't fit with the way he's portrayed. He's supposed to be a deranged hermit now, right? Shouldn't he be like a grungy old man with rusted, squeaky metallic legs, maybe even with some chipped/broken horns? He looks so clean! I guess there's a spa on Malachor... 

I'll be honest and say I didn't really like the second episode. :thumbdown: There was way too much setup for a 21 minute show and as such there was really no payoff *. It seemed strange that Kanan and Ezra were again talking about the merits of the Sith holocron after they already had seemingly-resolved discussions about it--let alone that they were suddenly on a ship headed towards a friendly transport that was apparently attacked, and at the same time Maul is back and has captured the Ghost & Friends without alerting anyone which was also out in space for some reason and...yada yada yada, you can see my point. That and a retread of the Bendu spider-bit; everything was suddenly introduced and concluded. I felt like I was watching a two-part episode on fast forward. And this really should have been a two-part episode. 

Narrative issues aside, I did like some things, particularly Maul's humor and the hilarious TV head droids he used as muscle men. Plus we did get to glimpse a bit more of the elusive interior of the Ghost.    

* On payoff; I don't think it's a good direction (or suggestion) to seemingly send Maul on another revenge mission against Obi-Wan, which it seems is being alluded to. That's getting very very sketchy timeline wise. Enough is enough Maul, get some other life goals already!  

I think the second episode is fine. The whole thing about the holocrons are just too convenient for the plot.

As for Maul, it could potentially be sideline quest... Which can be used for Obi-wan's anthology movie if that will ever happen... But timeline wise I don't know how they can stay faithful to all the stories uncle Ben had told Luke in Episode IV.

I don't see any problems... it would be good to finally bring Obi Wan into the show, even if it's all on the down-low.

And after-all, what else do you expect of Maul, since his single purpose in The Clone Wars was to kill him, an objective he never succeeded at.

A lot of glorious Tie advanced action and loyalty in the latest rebels episode, and it seems that 181st Imperial Fighter Wing is now cannon :D

Poor A-Wings guys, they don,t get a break don't they?

Edited by RetroInferno

50 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

A lot of glorious Tie advanced action and loyalty in the latest rebels episode, and it seems that 181st Imperial Fighter Wing is now cannon :D

Poor A-Wings guys, they don,t get a break don't they?

Is Soontir Fel canon again?

I don't think so? The Ace captain shown was much older with a mustache and only called by his rank. Maybe one of his wingman is? :)

I also think the drill sergeant voice actor is the same one used for the status updates in Battlefront 2, which I find too awesome to be true hahaha.

Edited by RetroInferno

Enjoyed the episode. Yeah I knew that drill guys voice was familiar. I think he voiced someone in TCW. After watching rebels recon I can't wait for the mandalor arc.

Man this episode was great. I would have been disappointed about Kallus handing out his 'good deed' for Zeb...

Spoiler

...had they not done a terrible job modulating Fulcrum's voice.

I mean at least you couldn't tell that Ahsoka was Fulcrum until it was leaked out, but this time it almost feels like they deliberately weren't trying.

Unless they are trying to steer us off course.

Glad to see some TIE Bomber/Interceptor action as well. Can't wait for the next episode.

Just watched Antilles Extraction on youtube, had to cut cable, and this may be one of my favorite episodes. First off Tie Interceptors are amazing, what a way to introduce them to the show! That Ace is a badass! He took on a Corellian Corvette, a ship that is typically good at shooting down fighters, by HIMSELF! 

This season so far is proof of how much better the show's dynamic is when the Empire is winning and the Rebels are in constant panic, scrounging mode. That doesn't mean the Rebels shouldn't win or have hero moments but to make those moments really satisfying, in my mind, you have to show or talk about them losing.

Every gain the rebels make should have a price. The Original Trilogy, especially ANH and ESB does this. To destroy the Death Star the Rebels lost countless soldiers and pilots, yes it was a victory but look at the cost. Same thing with the Second Death Star. 

This episode however does bring up another problem with Ezra, and I promise I will stop harping on this :pir-tongue:. At the beginning Hera says Ezra is too well known amongst the imperials to infiltrate the academy. At this point the Emperor must be aware of him if even petty officers are and if that's the case it can't mean anything good for the kid especially being a prospective Jedi.

My future hope is we get Ian McDiarmid to reprise Palpatine at least once more. He's 72 now. He could go another twenty years and as I wish and hope he does but with the passing of Tim Rose this year Admiral Akbar is probably finished. I want to note I care more for the well being of the actors then the characters they play, I mourn for Tim Rose not Ackbar but it would be nice to see the true Emperor again.    

Thing is in the opening is that yeah, they shot down 6 A-wings and a whole tranport with his crew. But the other thing to consider is that the whole colony down there that was supposed to get the supplies from the transport probably starved to death :O

Probably the best Rebels opening hahaha. 

3 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Thing is in the opening is that yeah, they shot down 6 A-wings and a whole tranport with his crew. But the other thing to consider is that the whole colony down there that was supposed to get the supplies from the transport probably starved to death :O

Probably the best Rebels opening hahaha. 

I forgot about the colony that is utterly ruthless. Chances are the Rebels couldn't manage to send another convoy as well. Ouch! That's what I love about this episode, it's one thing to imagine the Empire being horrible but I find it far more effective for their actions to be ever present.   

Great EP. Sabine looked real cool in the imperial uniforms. 

Plus the empire is shown winning! They got the cooler toys so it is about time! Was getting tired of seeing perfectly good imperial personnel go to waste on Rebels! 

That thing with Agent Kallus getting even with Zeb... I feel that it's not entirely even. I have more faith with the rebels getting away without help. Also, Sabine removing her helmet so that viewers can easily recognise her is just too convenient because she's the only petite pilot  out there. You can recognise her easily without removing the helmet for the sake of convenience.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode and I hope the explore more backstory of other rebels in future episode.

and the only stormtroopers to have ever taken off their helmets are Luke, Han & Finn:hmpf:

Edited by Artanis I

20 hours ago, makoy said:

That thing with Agent Kallus getting even with Zeb... I feel that it's not entirely even. I have more faith with the rebels getting away without help. Also, Sabine removing her helmet so that viewers can easily recognise her is just too convenient because she's the only petite pilot  out there. You can recognise her easily without removing the helmet for the sake of convenience.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode and I hope the explore more backstory of other rebels in future episode.

Actually I noticed there were other tie pilots that looked to be female.