commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

We're getting closer. 

There was a clip released of Thrawn in a later episode of the season and he sounds so good. He's icy, calculating, and more importantly sounds like the most intelligent person in the room. However what i'm most impressed from what i've seen so far, and I hope this stays the case, is that he's relatively sedate. He talks ever so quietly and that's an incredibly sophisticated technique of making the audience have to listen closer to what he says because when Thrawn speaks everyone listens. When Thrawn enters the room that is his room. 

I'm really excited so far. I hope this keeps and that in five months i'm not berating the show for ruining him. The Clone Wars sort've ruined General Grievous but I think Dave Filoni knows that Thrawn is so well beloved by the community that he has to be tactful (no pun intended) of how he does it. As of right now we are poised to have one of the coolest SW villains return and that is super cool.

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

We're getting closer. 

There was a clip released of Thrawn in a later episode of the season and he sounds so good. He's icy, calculating, and more importantly sounds like the most intelligent person in the room. However what i'm most impressed from what i've seen so far, and I hope this stays the case, is that he's relatively sedate. He talks ever so quietly and that's an incredibly sophisticated technique of making the audience have to listen closer to what he says because when Thrawn speaks everyone listens. When Thrawn enters the room that is his room. 

I'm really excited so far. I hope this keeps and that in five months i'm not berating the show for ruining him. The Clone Wars sort've ruined General Grievous but I think Dave Filoni knows that Thrawn is so well beloved by the community that he has to be tactful (no pun intended) of how he does it. As of right now we are poised to have one of the coolest SW villains return and that is super cool.

Yeah I watched a preview clip of Thrawn to. It makes me upset I don't have Disney XD anymore :hmpf_bad:

Here is the clip for anyone interested:

The season 3 premiere is maybe better then last season's opening. The Empire somehow feels far more competent, although that may be due to the trio of Thrawn, Pryce, and Tarkin who are all intelligent commanders as far as I can tell. Pryce may only be because of Thrawn. I hope what is implied with them in the episode pays off.

btw I just realized. They mentioned Thrawn had previously just annhilated a rebel cell which is why the emperor promoted him to Grand Admiral. That must have been a significant cell to warrant not only the promotion but the emperor's favor considering anti alien sentiment. also im really curious how many other cells he's destroyed as they make it seem like this is Thrawn's specialty. [

/spoiler]
Edited by Forresto

Really solid episode, although I swear the makers of the show are making everything possible make the viewers feel apathy towards the Rebels, save for Kanan who just feels like a desperate idealist trying to get it stuff together, poor guy :(

My deep, deep hatred towards Ezra grows with every episodes and that is still the case here, so no surprises. ( Wouldn't be displeased if he ended up in front of a storm trooper execution squad ) 

My god did they nailed Thrawn, he steals the show even when Tarkin is present in the room! 

The premiere was really nice. Can't wait to see more of Thrawn and what the battle droids have to do with in the season.

The premiere was great! Glad to see the Ghost crew back in action. And it was a nice introduction to Thrawn for the series. Now with Ezra not having the Sith holocron anymore, i wonder if he will start being his old self again or still seek more power and knowledge.

Edited by Ordinareo

The Season 3 premiere gave me the same vibes as The Clone Wars did, something the previous episodes haven't been able to do before. I can't wait to see where this season brings us!

This season premiere started with a bang!

How they got Tom Baker (4th Doctor ) to voice for Bendu is interesting. I'm amused that the list of Doctor Who alumni crossing over Star Wars universe is growing.

1 hour ago, makoy said:

This season premiere started with a bang!

How they got Tom Baker (4th Doctor ) to voice for Bendu is interesting. I'm amused that the list of Doctor Who alumni crossing over Star Wars universe is growing.

Woah, Tom Baker voiced the Bendu? How didn't i know about this!?

Edited by Ordinareo

1 minute ago, Ordinareo said:

Woah, Tom Baker as the Bendu? How didn't i know about this!?

The "starring" section of the end credits is only about 1.5 - 2 seconds only so unless you know his voice very distinctly or you happen to glance the credit and capture his name, a lot of people will miss it...

It's like Martha Jones was in The Force Awakens and yet only few people know about it... because it was split-second only, too.

I flipped to Empire Strikes Back on TNT after the Rebels premiere and one scene stood out to me especially. 

After Luke leaves Dagobah Obi-Wan says something along the lines of "He was our last hope." and Yoda says "No, there is another: which is in reference to Leia. Yoda who is aware of Ezra and Kanan due to the last season of Rebels,  basically says in Empire there are only two capable of becoming jedi left. He says that to Obi-Wan and no one else which implies he's being completely honest and straight forward. There's none of that "from a certain point of view" nonsense.

It would seem another jedi cannot exist, especially in the Rebel Alliance, by the time of a New Hope and especially when Luke joins the Rebel Alliance. Obi-Wan was Leia's only hope. If Ezra, a powerful young force user was still a rebel or alive, why would she go to Obi Wan a much older Jedi? Why would Luke be so special unless he was the last of the Jedi?     

Yoda's line in ESB is clearly a problematic (if not potentially spoilery) statement in regards to Rebels, and one that has apparently been at the back of the writers minds since the series started. This is evident in regards to golden-child Ahsoka in which it was made painstakingly clear that she "is no Jedi". If anything that's just to cover bases in regards to expanding her future if they so desired. Now what does this mean for Ezra and Kanan? It does seem that Ezra is sliding to the dark side, which could mean that by the time of ESB (which judging by the start of Rebels S3, could be 5 or 6 years later) is too no longer a Jedi (as he's Sith or something). But what about Kanan? I'm worried about him; he seems far more likely to be killed than Ezra. Whatever, as long as he gets a kiss from Hera first, I'll approve! 

Granted I'll note that I do think it was a bit of a blunder to include Leia in an episode where she's clearly seeing some Jedi business going on. Either this was a foolish continuity mistake or an issue that must be rectified later on with the deaths of our favorite Jedi. 

On the season three premiere, it was spectacular. Just some thoughts:  

• Ezra is clearly evolving into a better character overall--if not a somehow more cocky and annoying one--but nonetheless a more interesting one. I like that he's falling to the dark side as it's far more engaging that typical Jedi-goodness. 
  • From the little that we've seen of Thrawn thus far, he's an imposing and impressive character. Finally an Imperial with some brains! And best of all we get a sweet red-eye transition shot. 
  • Seeing Governor Pryce was a plus, considering how often she was talked about in season one. And Kallus is back! But he doesn't seem to be hiding his conscience very well. 
  • All the new character costume designs are great--I especially like Zeb's open shoulder look.

Here are a couple thoughts:

• Ezra character seems to be developing the way that Anakin should
  • Ezra will realize the only way to bring balance to the force, the way to destroy the sith: destroy the jedy as well
  • How likely is that Kanan may be the blind guy on rogue one?

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

I flipped to Empire Strikes Back on TNT after the Rebels premiere and one scene stood out to me especially. 

After Luke leaves Dagobah Obi-Wan says something along the lines of "He was our last hope." and Yoda says "No, there is another: which is in reference to Leia. Yoda who is aware of Ezra and Kanan due to the last season of Rebels,  basically says in Empire there are only two capable of becoming jedi left. He says that to Obi-Wan and no one else which implies he's being completely honest and straight forward. There's none of that "from a certain point of view" nonsense.

It would seem another jedi cannot exist, especially in the Rebel Alliance, by the time of a New Hope and especially when Luke joins the Rebel Alliance. Obi-Wan was Leia's only hope. If Ezra, a powerful young force user was still a rebel or alive, why would she go to Obi Wan a much older Jedi? Why would Luke be so special unless he was the last of the Jedi?     

Well, retroactively they could say what Yoda meant was that only a Jedi as strong as Luke Skywalker could bring down the Sith.

I loved the premiere of season 3 it was rock solid. 

There is a lot to appreciate there specially after a few viewings. Here are a few of my thoughts:

. It seems that the writers are making the Kanan/Ezra relationship be a surrogate for what the Obi Wan/Anakin relationship should have been in the prequels. 

. I appreciate the way in which Kanan is still being fleshed out. I would not be at all surprised if in the end we find Kanan going Dark Side and Ezra maturing into the Light Side. 

. I got a sinking feeling when the holocron was left with the Bendu. Since it shows up with Maul in the trailer...meaning....best not dwell on it! 

. Speaking of the Bendu I LOVED that character. For once they show a true force wielder who is like the force itself totally NEUTRAL! I hope they show TONS more of that character going forward. 

. Rex seems awfully lax towards Ezra despite what happened to Ahsoka. Common Rex! 

. Good start to a series that is becoming more serious by the episode. 

Good to see Ezra turning into your typical rebellious teenager - complete with absent father figure he's headstrong, impulsive, gets in over his depth and even crashes the family car. At least with his growth spurt Sabine might start taking him more seriously.

Governor Price looks like Cate Blanchett out of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Her minifig is practically already designed:

iaj014.jpg

I'm assuming Thrawn has homing devices on those Y-Wings...let's hope his methods prove effective unlike those of most villains in Clone Wars/Rebels etc

Oh god that mouth.

And who knows what Thrawn may have in mind, at least it's refreshing to see competent imperial personnel aside Tarkin. 

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Oh god that mouth.

And who knows what Thrawn may have in mind, at least it's refreshing to see competent imperial personnel aside Tarkin. 

Yeah, it's a shame, really. Such a powerful empire must have more competent imperials! I can't even believe stormtroopers are their infantry. :laugh:

Interesting point brought up in the SW Armada forums that while I don't necessarily agree with is still a possibility. Someone brought up that the Y-Wings stolen are the same ones that eventually fight in the Battle of Yavin. Their point is that while we only see four land in the carrier they originally left the planet with eight in total, around the size of a squadron. Then the Y-Wings are give to General Dodonna's rebel cell and he was the one seemingly in charge during A New Hope. Is it possible? Certainly and in a way it would be cool if they are indeed the ones we see in the first film. 

The reason I don't completely buy it is we are still two years before ANH and realistically it doesn't make a ton of sense that all eight Y-Wings would survive that long unless they werent used. However in a situation where every day is do or die I also doubt a rebel cell would sit on an entire squadron of capable bombers for an two entire years. Also rebel pilots don't seem to have longevity, especially in A-Wings. :grin:   

However maybe a few do survive and are apart of the battle in ANH. I saw it just as the introduction of ship type to the rebellion and that from now on rebel cells might try to reclaim more Y-Wings. Either way I think it was a cool concept that may very well be true regardless. 

On 9/29/2016 at 0:29 AM, BrickHat said:

Yeah, it's a shame, really. Such a powerful empire must have more competent imperials! I can't even believe stormtroopers are their infantry. :laugh:

I think they need to break that cliche too. I mean they ruled the galaxy until the 2nd Death Star is destroyed, which is a long time. So they can't be totally incompetent. It is tiring actually that that particular impression persists. I hope Rogue 1 breaks that mould. 

My only gripe about Rebels so far is, we have technology as early as EPIII that gave Anakin Skywalker functional limbs, artificial lungs, etc etc., but we can't give Kanan his eyesight back? Huh what? I mean I know it was used as a good plot device but still. Unless blindness is the one thing that can't be healed in this universe given that one character in Rogue 1 is blind also. But that still seems so inconsistent given everything else they can heal. 

1 hour ago, Japanbuilder said:

I think they need to break that cliche too. I mean they ruled the galaxy until the 2nd Death Star is destroyed, which is a long time. So they can't be totally incompetent. It is tiring actually that that particular impression persists. I hope Rogue 1 breaks that mould. 

My only gripe about Rebels so far is, we have technology as early as EPIII that gave Anakin Skywalker functional limbs, artificial lungs, etc etc., but we can't give Kanan his eyesight back? Huh what? I mean I know it was used as a good plot device but still. Unless blindness is the one thing that can't be healed in this universe given that one character in Rogue 1 is blind also. But that still seems so inconsistent given everything else they can heal. 

Well, prosthetic limbs are a much easier thing to do than functional eyes. Eye nerves are very intricate and complicated. But I would agree that such technology should already exist in the Star Wars universe.

3 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

The irony is that in Star Trek they have the technology to cure blindness, but there aren't many characters with prosthetic limbs (despite the fact they can also create a fully functioning android...) :laugh: