commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

If you can tame other animals or use mind tricks with the Force, why not try at least? Best way to get rid of your enemies is to make them your friends.

Then smoosh the bastards as a last resort...

I am so hyped for this two parter. My biggest hope is that we get a shift in the dynamic of the series. Someone's probably not going to make it off Malachor. The big question though is who are they going to be, and what cost will the parties involved pay after the events in these two episodes?

Spoiler: Darth Vader survives the entire Rebels show

You son of a gun! How dare you reveal the fate of one of the greatest bad guys ever who shows up in material after this show. :grin: :grin: Next thing you're going to tell me is that the Clones all suddenly betrayed the jedi and wiped them out in a single blow?

Edited by Forresto

You son of a gun! How dare you reveal the fate of one of the greatest bad guys ever who shows up in material after this show. :grin: :grin: Next thing you're going to tell me is that the Clones all suddenly betrayed the jedi and wiped them out in a single blow?

And did you know Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!

I'm really interested to see who the third inquisitor is: a new character completely or an old one returning?

I'm really interested to see who the third inquisitor is: a new character completely or an old one returning?

It pretty much has to a new one, or do you know a character (or a species for that matter) that has feet like that? :wink:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f3/New_Inq.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/270?cb=20160327173559

We've only seen what Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka will be up to in the finale- I wonder what the rest of the Rebels will be doing?

The rest of the Rebels won't be in the finale. That's what Filoni and/or somebody else said in the last episode's Rebels Recon.

I'm really wondering if they're taking the 'obvious' route in the finale as far as character deaths, or not. Either way, I trust Rebels to have an emotionally impactful episode regardless of predictability.

Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling like we're going to see a time-skip...

I mean usually when things get this climactic, where multiple people are written to sound like this will soon be the end, we get a death, and then things skip ahead where we see just when that death becomes impactful.

I don't know whether I want that or not, as there is so much that could be done now, but then looking ahead at older characters would also be just as exciting.

I'm expecting Ahsoka to be mercilessly killed by Vader (and I'm also in the camp that thinks that should happen), but I don't necessarily think that taking the obvious route is the wrong route--at least when it seems to be the correct route. Its the natural circle of her story arc; we all knew something final had to happen her and Anakin since the beginning. Now, that being said, I would be disappointed if no Jedi die, or if no one dies; considering the stakes, but that's not the case--at least according to Forbes spoiler-free review out today. It's just all about who will die.

I don't think there will be a time jump--at least not now. I could see that happening maybe next season (to edge closer to Rogue One time frame), but I don't think they'd throw that in at the end or anything. I do generally like the slow burn style Rebels has anyways. Season 1 after all was almost entirely on Lothal. Granted now I want tomorrow to come now!

Incidentally, if the wait is truly killing anyone (like me! :laugh: ), a few weeks back DisneyXD altered their app--now you can watch any new show immediately on the same day it will air. If you watch the show through the app (like I do utilizing AppleTV), you can watch any time the same day; earlier than the air time. Gives you a few hours of "I know what's gonna happen, and you don't!" syndrome however. :blush:

It pretty much has to a new one, or do you know a character (or a species for that matter) that has feet like that? :wink:

http://vignette4.wik...=20160327173559

Ah yes, I see. That'll be interesting.

Forbes review mentioned that that there will be deaths, meaning at least two characters will die. I'm definitely thinking Ahsoka and possibly one of the inquisitors?

Ah yes, I see. That'll be interesting.

Forbes review mentioned that that there will be deaths, meaning at least two characters will die. I'm definitely thinking Ahsoka and possibly one of the inquisitors?

My money is on multiple Inquisitors dying. After all, previous experience has taught us that they can only last one season! :grin:

My money is on multiple Inquisitors dying. After all, previous experience has taught us that they can only last one season! :grin:

Ha ha, I think we'll know what will happen to the latest Inquisitor in the Season 3 finale then! :laugh:

Does anyone know what time the finale will air in the UK? Everywhere I'm seeing says today but I can't find it on my Sky box.

Fun fact: Vanessa Marshall, the voice of Hera Syndulla, also provided the voice for another infamous female Rebel freighter pilot: Jan Ors! I figured this out last night while playing my fave Star Wars game, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Playing it, I was like, "Jan sounds just like Hera..." A Google search later, and I was right! It's a small [star Wars] world.

I'm not sure if Ahsoka will die because I think Vader is trying to capture her to find other jedi. Im thinking Maul will die and certainly something will happen to Ezra.

If it's not to much a bother could someone message me if Ashoka lives or dies I don't have cable and i'm dying to know.

My fears have come true... The ending was a big letdown.

I was already disappointed that somehow Maul was back in the Clone Wars, but now he has made his way back in to Rebels? And he continues to live on. What's next? will he appear on Rogue One.

And then the fact that he blinds Kanan. This will have a big impact on the show. Not to underestimate his abilities, but he still needed a lot of training? And now they made him blind, how will he be of any use now? Why make him a jedi knight a few episodes back to cripple him a few episode later...

Edited by Cyberfounder

I wasn't letdown--but I do have a hard time seeing how some reviews claim that this was the best thing ever. I want to believe that, but I think I'm still reeling from the episode actually. I have to view it a few more times before I can make a claim like that. However it was good, but ambiguous, and it frustratingly makes you want season 3 to start immediately. The wait is going to be horrendous for that.

Now onto the spoiler-y stuffs:

Kanan nooooo! They blind the good one?! That's what I yelled out when it happened (there was a lot of yelling from me actually :blush: ). That was a total shocker, and it happened so suddenly I had to double take. I was sure for a split second that Maul just slaughtered him. Lightsabers were moving so fast this episode. It easily could have happened that way. But then also, what the hell Ahsoka, you just say "well he's still got it, he can take Maul alone" and she just starts leaving?! What! Kanan was blinded and you just let Maul attack him more? Lame.

For me, the most shocking death was the Seventh Sister--I did not see that coming. For some reason, I was under the impression that nothing bad would happen to the inquisitors. I felt going in that they would only be around for the first part of the episode anyways and then Vader would come in for a long drawn out battle or something, and they would just disappear into season 3. But no--and her death was brutal and intense. Maul struck her down immediately after Ezra hesitated, and everything just got real--and I think more notably was his use of the force choke. With her first scream, the Seventh Sister knew it was over from that moment. Considering its power, the force choke doesn't seem to be used much (granted I haven't watched all of Clone Wars), but clearly it can instantly win any lightsaber battle (at least it does in Battlefront II :laugh:). So seeing Maul use it, such a dirty move, was fitting and terrifying.

After that the quick succession of inquisitor deaths wasn't surprising but expected. Fifth Brother went down quick. Eighth Brother--not even sure where to being with him. I expected him to be? Competent? At the least. Clearly, the skill level is related to the numerical name, because he was the weakest inquisitor we've seen yet, granted he also had the most escapeable/returnable death yet. If Maul can survive his fall, it shouldn't be a stretch to say the Eighth Brother could. Although I don't know if anyone would want him to survive after that humiliating display. The whole thing with the inquisitors however makes me wonder how the Grand Inquisitor would have fared in this battle. I miss the character, and it would have been a sight to see him vs. Maul. Or Vader for that matter.

Onto Maul--I really have a love/hate feeling about him. I'm absolutely opposed to the whole surviving Episode 1 BS, so I never like that he was in Clone Wars or anything, but the more I think about it now, after seeing this episode, the more I liked his inclusion...here. He was the perfect foil to turn Ezra to the dark path, and I think his acting of weakness was well played. I do wish we didn't see him fly off though, that's some ambiguity I would have liked more of.

Ezra on the other hand is just dead to me now. I liked him at the beginning of the series, contrary to popular opinion, but now I just want him dead. Blinded at the least--Kanan's eyes are as much on his hands as they are on Maul's. I get that he's going over to the Dark Side (I don't have a problem with that), but I just don't want him to be stupid about it--it's like he's lost all common sense. What threw me over the edge was when he reached the top of the temple, and then was like "oh no, Kanan it was a trap, we* were tricked by Maul!". No "we" Ezra, you were tricked, and everyone else has been down here shedding blood and eyeballs for twenty minutes while you took your sweet time walking up that pyramid. :wall: Stupid, stupid, Ezra.

Now on Ahsoka: that ambiguity is madding. I just want a definitive answer, at some point, because there's too much ambiguity in Rebels deaths at this point. I think it would have been better to have just killed her off, or better yet not even show that weird vision thing of her walking, so that there would be no conspiracy theories out there. The whole Vader/Ahsoka battle felt lacking to me--I need more context I think, so it's time to watch more Clone Wars, even though I hate clones. The episode itself I need to watch again too.

So much more:

• Hopefully we'll learn more about Malachor's history (I'm not familiar with the EU cannon, but it's nice to see some things return). That could be expanded upon with the Sith holocron perhaps.
  • This episode has comparisons to Indiana Jones, I knew that going in, and so I was almost disappointed when Ezra didn't walk off the ledge to get the Holocron and step onto an "invisible" bridge. :grin:
  • I read an interesting review comparing this episode to Lord of the Rings--in that it's like Moria and Gollum's cave. Ahsoka = Gandalf, Maul = Gollum, Ezra = Frodo, Vader = Balrog, and the holocron = One Ring. Works well.
  • Still no Kanan and Hera kiss! :hmpf: Obviously Kanan needs to loose a lot more than some eyeballs to get some. :wub:
  • I'm disappointed we didn't see the Eighth Brother's face, considering how dynamic his "species" was. Granted he's still stupid.
  • I kinda liked the flying helicoptering, but it would have been more impressive if it was used less, and only by the Eighth Brother.
  • Lego absolutely needs to make this episode into an amazing set, or I'll be forced to do it myself.

The seventh sister death was surprising and sad because I thought she was cool. The mystery behind Ahsokas fate is mysterious. The finale was great and I can't wait for season 3!

Whoa. I'm gonna have to rewatch the episode(s) to figure out if I really liked it or not, but it was definitely crazy the first time around.

- Wish we had seen the Eighth Brother's face- I guess he's a Terrelian Jango Jumper. Would've been cool to see a dark side member of the species.

- Sooo cool that Sith Holocrons are back.

- The lightsaber helicoptering- :roflmao: Like Nemo said, I would've been fine with it if only the Eighth Brother did it. But I have to admit- I totally fantasized about doing that when I was a little kid watching Darth Maul in Episode I. :blush::sweet:

- No Revan/ Malachor connection. :cry_sad:

- The amount of cliffhangers.... insane. I need Season 3 now!

So I guess I was

right! :laugh: I really liked the Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister. :cry_sad: I guess we'll get even cooler Inquisitors in Season 3!

Spoiler-y thoughts:

- Noooooo Kanan! Like Nemo, I thought for sure he was gonna get some :wub: finally. What's the guy gotta do?!? I guess he's the new Rahm Kota now? :grin: Actually, they're both blind, have goatees, and wear topknots... :oh: *Dramatic music*

- Ahsoooka! They really can't just give her a good ending, even if it has to be an honorable death? And was that a shot of her going into the temple after the fight with Vader? I'll have to go back for a second look. Reading interviews with Dave Filoni, it sounds like she won't feature prominently in the show any more. :angry: Here's hoping for an Ahsoka comic! :excited:

- Vader kicked butt and showed 'em what's what. No complaints... other than we didn't see the end of his fight with Ahsoka! :thumbdown:

- The inclusion of Maul here felt muuuch better than his inclusion in TCW. His whole "The enemy of my enemy" thing was pretty transparent, and I saw him wanting Ezra from a mile away. I'm gonna be the first in line to buy the inevitable full-length novel telling his story between the end of TCW and this episode. :laugh: Why are we dragging him out even more? Vader really needed to just kill him.

- Ezra. You foolish child. We finally saw the end of his binocular lightsaber, thank goodness. I wanted him to snag one of the crossguard lightsabers on the way out, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Maybe he'll be inspired to make his new lightsaber like that? Fingers crossed. Once again agreeing with Nemo- it wasn't all of them that were tricked by Maul, just you, Ezra! It's pretty clear he's going to the dark side, which is cool, but he's obviously seen the harm the dark side causes- it'll be interesting to see how he eventually falls.

- That dark-side owl at the end? :wacko: It normally wouldn't be important, but a similar creature appeared at the end of last week's episode when the dark-side theme was playing. Is Palpatine using cute birds to monitor the galaxy now? Or... Snoke? /rampant speculation

I'm sure there's stuff I forgot about the episode that I have an opinion on but forgot- expect me back here with more words soon!

I believe Ahsoka's still alive due to the fact the was something or someone in that temple entrance as Junior Shark has pointed out. I think the blast from the temple caused Vader and Ahsoka to be separated in the temple.

Edited by ChiefPie

I believe Ahsoka's still alive due to the fact the was something or someone in that temple entrance as Junior Shark has pointed out. I think the blast from the temple caused Vader and Ahsoka to be separated in the temple.

I just went back to that scene and, yes, it confirms she's still alive.

I still don't understand why kanan has to lose he's sight... Now he is just a liability and it marks the end for him imo. This show just went from fun and light to dark and heavy, not sure if i will continue to watch after this. Goodbye feelgood vipe.

I can't help but wonder what this will do to kids...

Edited by Cyberfounder