commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

Episode was awesome. 'Nuff said. :sweet:

Indeed, aside from Yoda's appearance

Yep. I get that Rebels is going for a McQuarrie look (which I love love LOVE!) and that's what was up with Yoda in this episode, but he really just didn't look at all like puppet Yoda, digital Yoda, or TCW yoda. He just... was. And what was up with his teeth? :wacko: Did the puppet have bad teeth like that or something? A couple years on Dagobah and Yoda turns into some redneck/ Brit cross? (Sorry, my friends across the pond :blush: )

We finally know what Filoni meant by having seen a character before but not knowing who or how. Now we do. An excellent twist. I wonder if Inquisitor spoke in TCW, not with the same actor but as the supposed same character. The hope of Revan being brought completely back into canon is high since the cross guard lightsaber that was shown in the Rebels Trailer (as well as Kylo Ren's) is supposedly Revan's.

Episode was awesome. 'Nuff said. :sweet:

Yep. I get that Rebels is going for a McQuarrie look (which I love love LOVE!) and that's what was up with Yoda in this episode, but he really just didn't look at all like puppet Yoda, digital Yoda, or TCW yoda. He just... was. And what was up with his teeth? :wacko: Did the puppet have bad teeth like that or something? A couple years on Dagobah and Yoda turns into some redneck/ Brit cross? (Sorry, my friends across the pond :blush: )

Redneck Yoda, never did I think I would see the day :laugh:

"Pass a Bud you will, bet on nascar you should."

At first I didn't like the yoda design but now I like it. Apparently Darth Maul will be in the season finale episode and will play a part with the dark side with Ezra.

@Forresto:

What? The green crossguard lightsaber is supposedly Revan's? :moar: Is this just some random rampant fan speculation, or is there some legitimacy to this rumor?

@Forresto:

What? The green crossguard lightsaber is supposedly Revan's? :moar: Is this just some random rampant fan speculation, or is there some legitimacy to this rumor?

I don't know if the green cross guard lightsaber is but I read somewhere that in the new canon Kylo Ren based his design off Revan's. I'm assuming (I know the saying about assume :laugh: ) because Malachor is a planet where Revan and the other guy from KOTOR waged a massive battle ending the Mandolorian wars. Its basically the battle that turned Revan to the dark side if i'm not mistaken. So that green cross guard saber could be Revan's original one before becoming a sith

*oh2*

Yep, in the TFA Visual Dictionary it says that Kylo's lightsaber design dates back to the Great Scourge of Malachor! I don't think Revan has been mentioned anywhere in the new canon, but I think the Malachor connection is strong enough to warrant cautious speculation :devil::moar:

For those who don't read in spoiler tags: Malachor was mentioned in this week's episode of Rebels. In the TFA visual dictionary, it says that Kylo Ren's lightsaber design dates back to the Great Scourge of Malachor! :excited:

Shroud of Darkness as others have said was very, very good.

I thought the twist at the end was great. Reveals in Star Wars are always handled well... and this one was certainly no exception. There were quite a few Jedi Temple Guards towards the end of Season 5... so it's possible he may have been one of them.

We also know Ahsoka and Anakin did see each other again, so it'll be interesting to see where that goes.

So no episode this week? What a bummer. Rebels will return on March 16, with the episode "The Forgotten Droid". Here's a preview:

Should be pretty pedestrian.

So no episode this week? What a bummer. Rebels will return on March 16, with the episode "The Forgotten Droid". Here's a preview:

The chopper episodes will be about finding a base according to a description.

When are we getting more Darth Vader, the next episode looks boring to watch, according to the clip

Don't read if you don't like rumors or predictions as it could effect your enjoyment of the finale if it turns out true.

The big rumor is the finale will feature a duel between Ashoka and Vader. That would be highly welcomed. I love Ashoka but in terms of the wider Star Wars story Vader needs to kill her to grow as a character. The current canon EU books all talk about how he's psychologically tortured by the memories of her so he has to cut away that baggage, possibly literally.

My prediction is Ezra is going to get into a predicament where he's facing Vader whom he obviously can't beat let alone fight. They also can't kill Ezera off yet as he's the main character (He's not in the original movies so that doesn't mean he survives the series) so they use Ashoka to step in and sacrifice herself to let the rebels escape.

Edited by Forresto

The chopper episodes will be about finding a base according to a description.

Thankfuly the episodes connect with one of the main arcs of the season, the search of a base for the rebels. So I hope that this will help them from being two generic episodes with chopper extravaganzas.

So, the last episode turned out to be an amazing character episode that also moved the story forward.

I believe this was the first chopper centric episode and although I had my concerns that it would be just filled with chopper gags, it was really emotional with a decent plot.

Also the actor behind the (former) imperial droid did an amazing job!

Was that planet at the end, Yavin 4? And did chopper found his c-3po?!

Edited by jrscientist

I too was concerned about the episode. In my mind, droid-centric episode= those terrible TCW "The Void" episodes. :sick: However, this one did not disappoint. Certainly wasn't the best episode this season, but it certainly wasn't terrible either. But after the recent string of episodes focusing on the characters, this one was the weakest. We literally end the episode where we started- Chopper is selfish, hostile, and unlikeable.

@jrscientist: No, I don't think the planet is Yavin IV. And +1 to Chopper finding his C-3PO!

I thought it was an ok episode--and my 'meh' attitude towards it largely rest on it's placement within the season. I don't know why they would setup all the Sith/Jedi confrontations and then just throw this in there to absolutely slaughter the momentum. If we had to wait an extra week for last week's momentum episode then fine, but I don't like how Chopper episode is then forced to drag out the wait of what we all really want to see! :devil:

That being said, it was rather hilarious--especially the part where Chopper stole the leg and then didn't flee anywhere. Like no one would notice! :laugh: I liked the imperial droid, and I seriously swear he sounded like the late great Alan Rickman--I can't be the only one who felt that way. :thumbup:

Anyways, yada yada yada--let's get to the Jedi killing stuff already Rebels! Vader's sword demands apprentice blood! Demands it I say!

I agree with both of you that this episode and the one after that, might kill the momentum of the 2nd half of the season. But to be fair, people are more harsh than usual towards these episodes because of the awesomeness that the midseason trailer offered, so the hype is pretty high!

Junior shark: Yes chopper is still a pretty unlikable character but he made a selfless act and "donated" his new foot. Altough you have to wonder why the rebel fleet didn't have any spare parts for the robot!

Captain Nemo: Thank you! The Alan Rickmaness was strong with that one!

Also let's see WHOSE apprentice's blood will satisfy Vader's lightsaber thirst for blood.

Edited by jrscientist

My hope is Vader just annihilates her. We need to see Vader as the unstoppable killing machine we know him to be. I love Ashoka but that is all the more reason I want to see him do this. The merciless right hand of the Emperor.

Doesn't make sense that the perfectly working 'wrong leg' wasn't used to repair the other droid instead. And I never noticed before that he had mismatched legs.

There's a great teaser for the season finale out now...

Goes through Anakin and Snip's history surprisingly thoroughly in just a couple minutes.

OMGOMGOMG... I cannot wait.

Edited by rollermonkey

Those white spiders! Smash em, smash em all! Leave none left alive! Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

Got that off my chest. Clearly, I hate gross space spiders. :sick: Still, a decent episode before the looming storm. Not sure what Rebels has against women pilots or Phoenix squadron leaders, but gosh do they have terrible deaths. Also Ezra was particularly annoying in this episode--what with his attempts at communication instead of stabbing the eyes out of spiders like he should have done. Zeb had the right idea. :thumbup: But Rex is a terrible shot. :thumbdown:

Also, damn Kanan and Hera, kiss already! We all want it to happen--just do it! :wub:

Kana and Hera? I 'ship it. Ezra... :sadnew: just kill 'em! This was the first Rebels episode where I didn't enjoy the McQuarrie-ness. Stupid Dagobah tree-spider-things

I must be the only non arachnophobic person to watch the episode cause it didn't freak me out :grin: It was certainly creepy though! They're such a cool design.

I think Ezra tried to connect with them because that's what he did to escape the Inquisitor on the abandoned Republic Base in season 1 with those night monsters.

I wonder how Maul is going to come into play