commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

Freddie Prinze Jr. aka Kanan, says there will be EU characters that were not canon anymore in the show making them canon. So for you EU fans rejoice!

"A Princess on Lothal" was an awesome way for Rebels to come back! As exciting as this week's episode was, next week's episode, "The Protector of Concord Dawn", has really got me excited:

I read that Princess on Lothal was not that great but after actually watching it I don't see why people made so much fuss over it.

I liked the way she was introduced.

Yeah, it was a good episode. Though Leia felt way older than Ezra (even though they have the same birthday, maybe a day difference).

How bout "The Protector of Concord Dawn"? I loved the Western feel to it, the McQuarrie Mandalorians, and just all of it!

Protector of Concord Dawn was excellent up until the end where it felt a little rushed. Still enjoyed the heck out of it, though.

Sadly we're a little behind so Protector of Concord dawn is on next weekend.

But being the internet, its not hard for things to get leaked so it sounds like it'll be a good episode.

So far, this season has been a real disappointment, I expected a progression of awesomeness to go on were the first season started.

So far, this season has been a real disappointment, I expected a progression of awesomeness to go on were the first season started.

The first season had progression issues as well. It wasn't until the latter half of the season (which was shorter, mind you) that things really started to pick up.

Now with a longer season and having returned from a mid-season break, things are slowly starting to pick up again. It's definitely more exciting than the first season though.

I still can't get over the people who refuse to watch it. They're really missing out.

It is awesome you enjoy it! I don't hate it but as a big EU fan I can't watch it without feeling very frustrated because of how much former canon is being rewritten. That leads to me feeling silly at getting so annoyed about changes in a fictional universe.

If Thrawn comes back and they do him justice I will watch that episode in a heartbeat. IF Rebels makes Thrawn, my single favorite EU character, canon again I will never say a bad thing about the show again lol

Sorry to drop this here; but what is the best way to watch Rebels? I watched all of The Clone Wars on TV when I was in High School; but now that I am in College, I am no longer living at home with my family so I don't have a fancy TV set up. Furthermore my parents canceled their advanced Dish subscription to help pay for my schooling... so they don't have Disney XD anymore (they still have normal Disney though). When Rebels premiered I was living in South America; so I can't just DVR the random episode on Disney Channel to catch up either. And it is not on Netflix at all!

So should I bite the bullet and buy the first season on DVD to catch up? I have heard that it is good, and the few episodes I have watched (on a Delta Airlines flight of all places!) were fun.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I can relate to that issue, I've saw clone wars on dvd through the local dvd rental store because up till July last year we never had Sky , but now we do so the content you see on normal tv (here at least) is either really behind or been played

to death on sky and thus is cheap for normal tv viewers to watch.

You never know it might come on normal tv, but if you keen you could rent the dvd or as you said buy it if your really keen.

I'd bet there's a copy of the first season at your local library. It's definitely worth it to buy on DVD/ Blu-Ray. You could rent/ buy the first and second seasons on iTunes. I have the first season on Blu-Ray, and since I don't have a cable subscription also, I watch the second season through an iTunes Season Pass.

On the topic of the EU being rewritten, I don't mind. I'm as devout an EU fan as any of y'all, and I really have no negative feelings towards the new canon. Just look at it this way: now we have double the Star Wars that we had before! :laugh:

I've been watching Rebels on kisscartoon.com since I do not have cable. And already they have today's episode which was very interesting.

Now that the titles of the remaining episodes have been revealed, I wonder when the third new Inquisitor will show up and what designation he/she'll use. I'll take a guess and say it's the Third Brother :laugh: The Inquisitors are a pretty intriguing concept to me, especially now that there's at least seven of them (and seven Knights of Ren in TFA... hmm.... :grin: ). I think they're building up to something with them :sweet:

Now that the titles of the remaining episodes have been revealed, I wonder when the third new Inquisitor will show up and what designation he/she'll use. I'll take a guess and say it's the Third Brother :laugh: The Inquisitors are a pretty intriguing concept to me, especially now that there's at least seven of them (and seven Knights of Ren in TFA... hmm.... :grin: ). I think they're building up to something with them :sweet:

I doubt it since it seems like the Knights of ren are supposed to be young at about Kylo, Rey and Finn's age. If im not mistaken theyre fallen jedi apprentices from Luke's new failed jedi order Kylo Ren corrupted.

So last night's episode was interesting. It felt very... Clone Wars-y, IMO. Pretty neat seeing those modified TIEs. What species was that mining boss?

Yellow modified TIEs! Helmet for Kanan! What's the bet we won't see them in sets for ages, if ever :sad:

So last night's episode was interesting. It felt very... Clone Wars-y, IMO. Pretty neat seeing those modified TIEs. What species was that mining boss?

According to Wookiepedia this is the first appearance of his species, they don't even have a separate species article yet, but he's pretty interesting looking. It was nice seeing Rodians and I wouldn't mind seeing more of the mining bosses people.

I doubt it since it seems like the Knights of ren are supposed to be young at about Kylo, Rey and Finn's age. If im not mistaken theyre fallen jedi apprentices from Luke's new failed jedi order Kylo Ren corrupted.

All we've been told about the Knights of Ren is that it's a group Kylo joins, and then adopts the name "Kylo Ren". While he's the "master" of them, according to Snoke, that doesn't mean he formed the group.

Given the non-saber weapons, I think they may just be dark-side cultists who might not have the Force at all, or if they do they don't have very much training (more akin to Inquisitors) and Kylo becomes their master simply because he's got power due to his lineage & some better training.

That's just speculation, but it fits better than "Hey guys, I'm tired of my uncle holding us back when this Snoke guy says we could be so much more. Let's form our own club! I'll give myself a new name like the Sith of old had...Kylo Ren! And you can be my Knights of Ren! Then we can blow this popsicle stand and kill most of the students on the way out! Whaddo ya say? We'll all wear black, you can use a skateboard as a weapon, you can use a spear, I'll make a saber of course cuz I'm the best. Let's do this!"