commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

Maybe you are right (or maybe not :grin:), but something is for sure, we have all had a lot of fun watching those shows and will always want to see more SW material (which will also inspire new sets), its good to talk with an adult and listen to its thoughts. Cheers for diversity of opinions! Have a nice day Mr. "Spyderlord" :wink:.

Who saw the new episode? Nothing too major, besides finding out that Ezra's parents are dead and the fledgling Rebellion is looking for a new base (do I smell Dantooine? No, I can't get my hopes up.) But besides that, nothing too major :wink:

Are you saying that last week's snorefest was the mid series final? (Okay, the first half was good, but the rest...)

Are you saying that last week's snorefest was the mid series final? (Okay, the first half was good, but the rest...)

If that's what you wish to call it, yes. It was the season two midseason finale of Star Wars Rebels.

It may not have had much action, but it had important exposition in regards to Ezra's parents. I like how they closed the plot thread-if Ezra's parents do turn up again, Ezra won't be looking for them in every episode. :tongue:

Yeah, snorefest was a pretty good description. Though I am glad they finally closed Ezra's whole, "Where are my parents?" thing. Hopefully the inaction in this episode will make the next one all the more sweeter!

Yeah, snorefest was a pretty good description. Though I am glad they finally closed Ezra's whole, "Where are my parents?" thing. Hopefully the inaction in this episode will make the next one all the more sweeter!

The best part is that since Ezra only learns about their "death" from word of mouth, it's possible they will appear later in the Series. Meanwhile, Ezra can't devote entire episodes to finding them. :grin:

The best part is that since Ezra only learns about their "death" from word of mouth, it's possible they will appear later in the Series. Meanwhile, Ezra can't devote entire episodes to finding them. :grin:

Ohh you're so right.... I really thought we were done with his parents. But wait, what about at the end when he was talking to them through the force? It really seemed like they were gone gone. Kanan even acknowledged as much by saying something about how people live on through the Force (sorry for all the 'somethings', I'm working off of memory here).

Ohh you're so right.... I really thought we were done with his parents. But wait, what about at the end when he was talking to them through the force? It really seemed like they were gone gone. Kanan even acknowledged as much by saying something about how people live on through the Force (sorry for all the 'somethings', I'm working off of memory here).

Either way, I'm fine with how it is. They can reuse the story in a later season if they wish, without dragging down the main plot.

Side note, I'd love to see other Inquisitors and ISB members killed by the Rebels. I'd particularly love to see Agent Kallus, the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister work together to send their comrades into suicide operations to eliminate their rivals. Filoni has hinted that with the Grand Inquisitor's demise, the organization is going crazy in a mad power grab, and I'd enjoy seeing the Ghost crew being used by Imperials to further their personal, hidden agendas. Think of how Kanan helped Rae Sloane get promoted by tricking her into betraying Count Vidian in A New Dawn, minus the trickery on Kanan's part.

Side note, I'd love to see other Inquisitors and ISB members killed by the Rebels. I'd particularly love to see Agent Kallus, the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister work together to send their comrades into suicide operations to eliminate their rivals. Filoni has hinted that with the Grand Inquisitor's demise, the organization is going crazy in a mad power grab, and I'd enjoy seeing the Ghost crew being used by Imperials to further their personal, hidden agendas. Think of how Kanan helped Rae Sloane get promoted by tricking her into betraying Count Vidian in A New Dawn, minus the trickery on Kanan's part.

I don't know if Rebels would go into "convoluted" plot territory like that (oh how I wish it would, though!), but I would definitely be happy with seeing more ISB agents and Inquisitors. Those two groups are more or less the main antagonists of the show (under the general banner of the Empire), but we know very little about them in this new canon. It would be so cool to see an ISB agent like this in Rebels. And if the ycould somehow incorporate the Imperial Intelligence uniforms from Legends, I wouldnt' mind that. :grin:

Edited by Junior Shark

A shameless plug this is:

For my own website and the dutch Star Wars community StarWarsAwakens.nl (I'm a staffer there as well) I had an interview with Keith Szarabajka (Cikatro Vizago from Rebels). It's been published today and if you're interested you can check it here:

http://starwarsinter...izago-star.html

or here:

http://www.starwarsa...ar-wars-rebels/

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

I heard recently that season 2 will continue in three weeks so late January or early Feb.

Really looking forward to the new episodes.

Good to know, thanks for the update. I thought I had missed an episode, but if Ezra's force encounter with his folks was the mid finale, then I'm good.

And thanks for that link JB.

New trailer out for the second half of season 2!

Lots of.... intriguing stuff in there (to say the least!) Edited by Junior Shark

The trailer was so awesome! Maul, yoda, green cross guard saber, jedi temple guards, mandos, tie bomber, rebel twi' leks. And so much more!

Great trailer, but the Yoda in the teaser trailer looks too young. And also with the many battles that the Lothal rebels faces, i doubt that they will able to survive until the Battle of Yavin.... :sceptic:

Great trailer, but the Yoda in the teaser trailer looks too young. And also with the many battles that the Lothal rebels faces, i doubt that they will able to survive until the Battle of Yavin.... :sceptic:

To me, Yoda looked way less like Yoda and way more like the debut appearance of the Emperor.

Maybe he's not really talking to Yoda but having an inner conversation with his second-hand ideas of what Yoda is like :tongue:

So, I haven't watched much Rebels yet, (Still streaming the later seasons of TCW from Netlix) but does it bother anyone else that the lightsaber blades are so ridiculously thin?

So, I haven't watched much Rebels yet, (Still streaming the later seasons of TCW from Netlix) but does it bother anyone else that the lightsaber blades are so ridiculously thin?

They're meant to evoke the light saber blades in A New Hope, which are similarly thin. My 2 cents? I love it. It's just part of the early Star Wars McQuarrie look they're going for. Certainly bothers me less than the hideously distorted faces in Clone Wars.