commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

To add to my previous comment, her helmet is a different colour now too. So that's 2... (and we never got the pink helmet yet...) I'm guessing we'll get a new Rex as well, but I wonder about the 2 new inquisitors. Probably!

Yeah Rebels is going well so far, and improving. I guess it's going to be axed next week then, that's how things usually go isn't it?

I still don't like Chopper.

I still don't know what to think of him.

I think that's everyone's point of view. :wink:

Edited by Junior Shark

Season Two of Rebels was amazing.I loved the old wrecked Clone Tank which was turned into a Mobile Home and of course the "new" B-Wing.Wouldn`t mind having an orange B-Wing on my Shelf :D

And what`s not to love about Chopper?

The Irony is,a Friend at my Workplace once said i`m reminding him of the cantankerous Droid from Rebels...and he is right,Chopper and i have many Traits and Characteristics in common (walks away with a shrug and mumbling something that no one understands....)

Still not sure what to think of the new Inquisitors.

So i guess there isn`t only ONE Inquisitor but somewhere in the Galaxy is a "Inquisitor-Camp" where force sensitive People are turned into Inquisitors,right?

Season Two of Rebels was amazing.I loved the old wrecked Clone Tank which was turned into a Mobile Home and of course the "new" B-Wing.Wouldn`t mind having an orange B-Wing on my Shelf :D

And what`s not to love about Chopper?

The Irony is,a Friend at my Workplace once said i`m reminding him of the cantankerous Droid from Rebels...and he is right,Chopper and i have many Traits and Characteristics in common (walks away with a shrug and mumbling something that no one understands....)

So i guess there isn`t only ONE Inquisitor but somewhere in the Galaxy is a "Inquisitor-Camp" where force sensitive People are turned into Inquisitors,right?

Right. Probably Jedi not killed during Order 66, and they keep recruiting force-sensitive children to train as new Inquisitors for the Inquisitorius. I'm sure we'll learn more about it as season 2 goes on!

I'm surprised Chopper hasn't been smashed into bits but my kids love him (probably because he's always misbehaving around the big people and getting away with it...).

As of the latest episode, it looks as if the Inquisitors are indeed still taking Force-sensitive children. But the "Inquisitor-Camp"? That remains to be seen....

With the latest a episode, we saw Ahsoka in a blue a-wing. It's been rumored that there's a lego a-wing coming next year. It's really possible we will get her in that set.

With the latest a episode, we saw Ahsoka in a blue a-wing. It's been rumored that there's a lego a-wing coming next year. It's really possible we will get her in that set.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw that! Minifig lineup: Ahsoke (with white lightsabers!! Ahh!), Phoenix Squadron Pilot(s), Commander Sato....Right? It would totally be something like that.

Ok guys, no one here is commenting on Ahsoka royally owning two inquisitors and serving them their behinds on a silver platter? :wub: C'mon folks, we have Star Wars thread for sets speculation :wink:

Ok guys, no one here is commenting on Ahsoka royally owning two inquisitors and serving them their behinds on a silver platter? :wub: C'mon folks, we have Star Wars thread for sets speculation :wink:

Whoops! Sorry, I can't help myself! :blush:

But yeah, watching that episode, I was a little disappointed when Kanan got whooped. Like, he beat up the Grand Inquisitor, but he can't handle these chumps? Then Ahsoka came and served them with those incredibly cool lightsabers and made it all better. I hope we get more glimpses into the workings of the Inquisitorius throughout the rest of the season.

Yeah, but not only that, I don't get why Ahsoka doesn't finish Kanan's Jedi training?! She trained with one of the most powerful Jedi ever, was fully trained and mature by the end of the clone wars, imagine her 20 years later?? I bet she would give Vader a run for his money, and she can't train Kanan and Ezra? That's ridiculous plot hole IMO.

Yeah, but not only that, I don't get why Ahsoka doesn't finish Kanan's Jedi training?! She trained with one of the most powerful Jedi ever, was fully trained and mature by the end of the clone wars, imagine her 20 years later?? I bet she would give Vader a run for his money, and she can't train Kanan and Ezra? That's ridiculous plot hole IMO.

I think she doesn't train Kanan because he's more or less a Jedi. Whatever he didn't learn prior to Order 66 he's picked up somewhere along the way to Rebels. And Ahsoka doesn't train Ezra out of respect to his Padawan-Master apprentice with Kanan. Not to say either of them couldn't learn a thing or two from Ahsoka, I honestly think it's just a way for the writers to keep the focus on the main characters and away from a (possibly) disposable character. However, I think it's strange that there hasn't been more bonding between the three of them. Ahsoka just showed up at the end of season 1 and Kanan just took it in stride. If you hadn't seen another Jedi in 15 years, wouldn't you want to know what the heck she had been doing during that time? Wouldn't you want to pick her brain about Jedi stuff? Weird.

Precisely. That's exactly what I consider to be a plot hole. And honestly more-or-less a Jedi? That gets owned in 10 seconds? Ahsoka is a Jedi, bloody *itchslapped the Inquisitors like two younglings in matter of seconds. Kanan's just a poster boy.

Sure, Kanan lacks the training that Ahsoka has..... what's the saying? "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". :wink: Don't know if that applies to Kanan or not, but it might. And I think Kanan and Ezra's status as Jedi can be summed up when Ezra said something to the effect of "the only Jedi I want as my master is Kanan" back in season 1. They're rebels now. Perfection is no longer important. The Jedi order is gone. Taking the time to learn a whole lot of new Jedi stuff would be a waste of time for Kanan, since it's time he could spend helping out the Rebellion. Heck, even Ahsoka isn't technically a Jedi, since she left the Order during the CW.

Edited by Junior Shark

None of them are jedi, their training was left in the padawan grade but Ahsoka has a lot more experience, she is a veteran of the clone wars, yet non of them is actually in conditions to train a padawan of their own, the boy can barely behave, if Anakin was too old to be trained and was therefore unfit to be a jedi so does Ezra, I actually believe that this should have been the story for Anakin/Vader but unfortunately the PT is still part of the canon, regarding to plot holes, its an animated series, there is no need to take it too seriously, however it is quite fun to watch.

The inquisitors have proper training and devote all of their time to the craft, of course they are going to be good, and together better than Kanan, who spends most of his time smuggling. Ahsoka spent a lot of time & training with the some of the best jedi around, of course she is going to show him up.

Remember in Episode III when not even Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto or Ageneeth Kothlar could last 10 seconds with Sidious despite being top notch jedi? When you're good, you're good.

The inquisitors have proper training and devote all of their time to the craft, of course they are going to be good, and together better than Kanan, who spends most of his time smuggling. Ahsoka spent a lot of time & training with the some of the best jedi around, of course she is going to show him up.

Remember in Episode III when not even Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto or Ageneeth Kothlar could last 10 seconds with Sidious despite being top notch jedi? When you're good, you're good.

Doubtful the Inquisitors are crazy powerful though. They just get a trickling of dark side knowledge from the Emperor and VAder.

No, a decent jedi would give them a hiding. But they are supposed to be hunting down jedi so they ought to be able to beat a Jedi Bob like Kanan no problem, and handle half-decent ones okay. And Ahsoka would probably struggle against a sith.

I beg to disagree here. Ahsoka was described in CW as top notch youngling then Padawan, and for me there's zero ambiguity with Windu offering her Knighthood at the end of the season 5. By refusing she showed them she was way more Jedi and have reached a deeper understanding than any of them. She was determined, calm and composed when she left, the only tear she shed was for Anakin.

Also, let's not forget that she was touched by the incarnation of Light Side of the Force itself in the Mortis trilogy. You take any book dealing with Anakin/Vader transformation era, they all describe Vader, enslaved by Palpatine as a "lesser" than he was before. Powerful in the Dark Side certainly, but so much less then he was before as he was completely consumed by anger, hatred and guilt (case in point, he defeats Sidious at the end of RoTJ as Anakin, not Vader).

To come back to Ahsoka, one, she was described as lightsaber prodigy (few surviving Mandalorians could testify...), two, she's a Togruta, they have incredible spatio-temporal sensitivities, three she was touched by the Light Side, four, she has extensive experience from the clone wars and had years on to commune with the Force as a fully trained Jedi. And let's not forget that Obi-Wan is still alive at the time, plot point with extraordinary potential to be exploited by Rebels. If done so, it's hard to even imagine what she could have learned from him, not as he was during CW (somewhat pompous General with a high-class upbringing), but as a humbled hermit who realized the error of the Jedi ways that brought their downfall (Yoda-QuiGon-Living Force philosophy to not digress further).

Considering the above, it's absolutely no surprise that she served the Inquisitors their a$$es on the silver platter in matter of seconds and I for one hope that she'll give Vader a proper trashing as well but refuse to kill him out of love and respect for the man he once was. I will be terribly terribly dissapointed if in glorifying Vader producers go as far as to let him actually kill her (man, that would be such a cliché, regardless of circumstances...). And that comes from a guy who kinda really digs Vader.

Also, let's not forget that she was touched by the incarnation of Light Side of the Force itself in the Mortis trilogy. You take any book dealing with Anakin/Vader transformation era, they all describe Vader, enslaved by Palpatine as a "lesser" than he was before. Powerful in the Dark Side certainly, but so much less then he was before as he was completely consumed by anger, hatred and guilt (case in point, he defeats Sidious at the end of RoTJ as Anakin, not Vader).

All that mortis stuff, canon or not, is as dumb as the midichlorians, Vader may not be on his prime of speed and agility, but his dueling, piloting and use of the force go beyond what he ever had during the times of the republic, all because his anger and grief, an everlasting thirst for vengeance and hatred towards anyone who dares oppose his will.

To come back to Ahsoka, one, she was described as lightsaber prodigy (few surviving Mandalorians could testify...), two, she's a Togruta, they have incredible spatio-temporal sensitivities, three she was touched by the Light Side, four, she has extensive experience from the clone wars and had years on to commune with the Force as a fully trained Jedi. And let's not forget that Obi-Wan is still alive at the time, plot point with extraordinary potential to be exploited by Rebels. If done so, it's hard to even imagine what she could have learned from him, not as he was during CW (somewhat pompous General with a high-class upbringing), but as a humbled hermit who realized the error of the Jedi ways that brought their downfall (Yoda-QuiGon-Living Force philosophy to not digress further).

This is another case of the new canon wasting an amazing backstory, the mandalorians have been degraded to such extent that they are not to far above your regular clone trooper (while they used to be elite warriors and very few and their armor quite rare and unique instead of the mass produced ones of the show). And Ahsoka is an over glorified jedi because of the show, its like in the force unleashed, all of a sudden Starkiller is the most powerful jedi ever and can beat Vader ven after the grave, that is just silly.

Considering the above, it's absolutely no surprise that she served the Inquisitors their a$$es on the silver platter in matter of seconds and I for one hope that she'll give Vader a proper trashing as well but refuse to kill him out of love and respect for the man he once was. I will be terribly terribly dissapointed if in glorifying Vader producers go as far as to let him actually kill her (man, that would be such a cliché, regardless of circumstances...). And that comes from a guy who kinda really digs Vader.

Inquisitors are no sith and would never stand against a single jedi knight (yes, not even a knight), the "grand inquisitor" was defeated by Kenan, what can you expect from these rookies?, Vader on the other hand, he has been brought to kick some rears, its obvious that when ever he meets with Ahsoka, he will not intend to let her go, and she will be obviously in disadvantage because her feelings while Vader is a merciless enforcer of his master's will, I would prefer that tragic end instead of turning Vader into the Grievous of this show.

I respect your opinions and maybe you are right but I cant stand these three points, its what I hated the most of the show: the Mortis stuff :sick: , the mandalorians turned into that lame society :hmpf_bad: , and Ahsoka. My desagree with the whole PT goes to such extent that I have built my own fan fiction to replace them, but is still fun to watch both shows, I dont mean to bother you, just happen to have an opinion.

First and foremost, Ahsoka was Anakin Skywalker's Padawan for two years Anakin was Obi-Wan's Padawan for ten years before becoming a Jedi Knight. She may have been a top-notch Youngling, but a full-fledged Jedi she was not.

Now, because she was active during the Clone Wars, she has plenty of experience dealing with blaster-carrying troops (Battle Droids, Mandalorians, even Clone Troopers) as well as experience with staffs that counteract Lightsabers(IG-100 Magnaguards). She even fought General Grievous and Asajj Ventress on rare occasions. I imagine that she's been secretly training in the years before she revealed herself as Fulcrum to the Ghost Cell, so I see no problem with her taking on two of the presumably upper tier Inquisitors and winning.

As for the Inquisitorious...the show has dropped a few hints that their main headquarters is on Mustafar, if not Imperial Center. Dave Filoni has stated that the Inquisitors that will be appearing on the show from now on will be lower Inquisitors, as the Grand Inquisitor was killed in "Fire Across the Galaxy". That being said, the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister are begrudgingly working together to hunt down Fulcrum, as well as anyone working with her. Two of the more powerful Inquisitors could potentially be more powerful than one master Inquisitor, and even the Grand Inquisitor was too powerful for Kanan during most of their duels. If Darth Vader sent them both to find and destroy the Rebel Cell, he has a reason.

I always viewed Mortis as one of those ambiguous stories where it's entirely possible that it was only a shared Force Vision of some kind that Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka were in, or an alternate reality. In the current canon, that storyline hasn't been referenced again aside from a conversation between Anakin and Yoda is season six. The actions of that storyline don't seem to have any actual impact on the current canonical storyline except the conversation with Yoda, the very brief appearance of Nils Tenant and the idea of an awakening within the force.

@ Nom Carver: I feel your pain regarding Mandalorian armor (supposed to stop lightsabers according to old canon), I read a lot of EU and can understand how you feel. I also undertsnad how you feel about Ahsoka, I felt the same way when she was introduced (like, kid stuff, wtf?!) but got to really care for her as she grew in the show. And she grew immensely. To address what Starrocks said after that, you can't compare Obi-Wan's stroll in a park Jedi training with Qui-Gon with several dangerous encounters with what Ahsoka had to endure during CW. Jedi were dying like flies, she survived and did that in the thickest of action for her master wasn't really notorious for prudence or Jedi retinue... She took on Grivious on several occasions (the last one of which she gave him an Obi-Wanesque sort of trashing :wink: ) and survived. Not many Jedi can boast the same.

So, you can question producer's motives and decision to do so, but no one can question that she was made into an uber-Jedi. As for Mortis, I actually really liked the philosophical Matrix-esque representation of that arc (discounting terrible Son's voice acting). It was incredibly pleasing on aesthetic level and brought some interesting implications for the future. I do not doubt there will be retcons to that arc in future SW endeavors. And no, it wasn't as :sick: as midi-chlorians. That's like saying Ewoks are more annoying than Jar Jar :hmpf_bad: . Nothing is more annoying than Jar Jar and nothing beats the stupidity of midi-chlorians. Take it back :tongue:

PT is full of plot holes and I really really do understand your escapist attitude, but Ahsoka IMO doesn't contribute to them but was rather the saving grace of the PT. Without her, nothing would even start to explain how a great guy Anakin at the beggining of Ep. III turned into a youngling-slaughter machine by the 2/3 of it. Her leaving the Jedi Order and himself starts to fill that gap a little. That is why I believe, to address another one of your points, that Vader will be far from cold-blooded enforcer of his master's will when he gets to meet her. She was a daughter to him much more than Luke or Leia ever were. He brought her up, while completely ignoring the mere existence of the pair until waaay later. I think he'd rather try to enlist her.