commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

The more I think about it the more I can see Kanan being the one to be sacrificed allowing Ahsoka to pick up Ezra's training.

I think that would have more effect on Ezra than just seeing Ahsoka killed. I think Ahsoka being killed might have more of an effect on Kanan as he's finally found another Jedi to have regular contact with.

I'm assuming that over the next season or so it will bring the timeline ever closer to Rogue One. Can we assume Rogue One might be around a year before ANH? Is Season Two starting at around 4 years before ANH?

We saw at the end of EPIII that the Death Star was under construction so Rogue One could be timed anywhere from around 2BBY - 1BBY. Either way things will get close in regards to crossing over the timelines.

I agree, Kanan dying first seems more likely. Maybe at the end of season 2 with season 3 perhaps 4 being the training of Ezra by Ashsoka. I think it's always been apparent that Kanan was only ever going to take Ezra's training so far.

As for Rogue One its really hard to say when it might begin. How much backstory is used, how long it takes to actually plan and steal the DS plans. And how ever long it takes to get them to Leia before she is eventually captured. And it's likely there is more than one group attempting to steal the plans.

I do think it's very possible we will see rogue one characters appearing in rebels. Frankly, I'm waiting for Boba Fett to make an entrance. But if we do eventually see timeline overlap it will be very minimal.

Real question is do we see Rebels characters show up in Rogue One?

That would be awesome. I think Sabine or Hera would be the most likely, but maybe not Sabine because they probably want to make the team unique (no Mandalorians- don't want a repeat of Boba).

So Rebels season 2 is airing this Saturday at 9:00 EST, does anyone know the time of airing in the UK?

Might take a while to get used to Darth Vader's voice in Rebels. And Ahsoka's long thin face.

Might take a while to get used to Darth Vader's voice in Rebels.

You mean James Earl Jones? Sounds pretty much like original Darth Vader to me.

Wow, that was a great beginning. Lots of suspense and excitement with Vader! Wasn't expecting him to show up in the first episode though....

Edited by legozebra

You mean James Earl Jones? Sounds pretty much like original Darth Vader to me.

Was it him!? Sounded different. Might have to watch it again, but it sounded a little bit removed from what I'm used to. Just like all of the Clone Wars voices took me a bit to get used to. Except Yoda, I never got used to him.

Was it him!? Sounded different. Might have to watch it again, but it sounded a little bit removed from what I'm used to. Just like all of the Clone Wars voices took me a bit to get used to. Except Yoda, I never got used to him.

Yeah, I was surprised to see him in the credits! Perhaps he's just gotten older, but he sure sounds a lot younger! Maybe new tech was used for the "Vader effect" so that may be the reason...

Just saw it yesterday, it was excellent, and a really good follow up from Las seasons epic finale. And its funny because the Vader's helmet really looks like the Mquarrie Concept art which I think is a good touch.

Yeah the episode was great and i have a feeling Ashoka is hiding something to the rebels "cough" Anakin Skywalker "cough"

It's fairly obvious by the shots of Ahsoka's surprised face and the voice-over from Vader that she realises who he is. It's strange that she hasn't already realised it, but at least she does now. And yes, she's definitely hiding it from the others (probably to prevent Ezra going down that same dark path).

I think Ahsoka has taken a leaf out of Obi-Wan's book (or is it that the writers stole that one from Ep4?) that as far as she is concerned, Anakin is "dead" which is true from a certain point of view ;)

Heck, even Vader speaks of Anakin in the third person in the final scene!

When will episode 2 be aired?

Apparently this was meant to be another pre-season mini-movie like last year to set the scene for season 2. So it was actually episode 0, if anything. (Remember the numbers were messed up last year?) The season proper airs in September. A bit annoying, plus it was only 45 minutes.

Apparently this was meant to be another pre-season mini-movie like last year to set the scene for season 2. So it was actually episode 0, if anything. (Remember the numbers were messed up last year?) The season proper airs in September. A bit annoying, plus it was only 45 minutes.

Ah. I thought it wasn't the '0' film as it was only two episodes long. So I now have to wait 'till September :(.

Not sure why this, but I'm starting to like Star Wars Rebels a lot more than I have done in the past, especially since watching some of the episodes of late. The characters bondship between one another, the comic, the banter, the friendship, and the uniqueness that each character has. I was adamant in the past, that it was no way going to be a successor to The Clone Wars, but thats changed to a more of a positive after watching episode 1 of Season 2, plus watching several of Season 1 episodes as well. Just looking forward to what S2 might have in store, plus hopefully behond that too.

Kinda late, but BEAVeR and I have wrote our review of The Siege of Lothal. You can read it here. We will review last night's episode soon.

So Sabine has changed her hair colour. I suppose that means I will have to buy another set with her in it...

I'm really enjoying this show now. As soon as Tarkin popped up last series this show has been fantastic without a dud episode since then. I really like the new Inquisitors as well and the petty power plays between them and Kalus/Constantine.