commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

When they introduced vader people had to know someone was going to die. I wouldn't view it badly to be struck down by vader himself.

We already know what becomes of the Jedi.

I think kanan will die and Ahsoka will take over Ezra's training

Edited by Chookdude

I don't like the idea but I agree with you on that.

Epic! Season 2 looks to be really good and fun. Season 1 was OK, but I still think there were too many filler episodes. And when there's just 15 episodes per season (LAZY DISNEY, LAZY!) that is that much more troublesome. Anyway with this much going on I guess there might be even fewer fillers in season 2. I just hope that the majority of stuff shown is not just from one episode. The CW characters are awesome, but I really miss Asajj Ventress!

Either that or he will be injured for the bulk of the season and Ahsoka will have to take over his training. Then Kanan could die in Season 3.

Epic! Season 2 looks to be really good and fun. Season 1 was OK, but I still think there were too many filler episodes. And when there's just 15 episodes per season (LAZY DISNEY, LAZY!) that is that much more troublesome. Anyway with this much going on I guess there might be even fewer fillers in season 2. I just hope that the majority of stuff shown is not just from one episode. The CW characters are awesome, but I really miss Asajj Ventress!

I thought that this season was supposed to have twice as many episodes as the first.

Either that or he will be injured for the bulk of the season and Ahsoka will have to take over his training. Then Kanan could die in Season 3.

I thought that this season was supposed to have twice as many episodes as the first.

Yes, season 2 will have 30 episodes.

Anyone else wondering when season 1 will be released on DVD and BR?

I used to get TCW (ASAP) late in the year, after the next series had already started. I don't know what they're like these days with TV shows, but Disney always used to be the worst at making you wait for video releases of their movies.

I used to get TCW (ASAP) late in the year, after the next series had already started. I don't know what they're like these days with TV shows, but Disney always used to be the worst at making you wait for video releases of their movies.

Thing is: they released a DVD of the pilot (Spark of Rebellion) almost immediately after the pilot aired. Since they released that one so fast it's odd they're waiting so long now.

I bet they're waiting until season 2 starts now.

It was actually confirmed during a Rebels panel at Celebration that it will be 22 episodes.

I missed that, thx. I had only heard that is was going to be double the number of season 1.

Thing is: they released a DVD of the pilot (Spark of Rebellion) almost immediately after the pilot aired. Since they released that one so fast it's odd they're waiting so long now.

I bet they're waiting until season 2 starts now.

The season 2 premier is this summer, maybe they'll release it then?

I think all will die since they are not around during ANH.

I think all will die since they are not around during ANH.

I can see them killing off a main character such as Ahsoka or Kanan in a similar way to Ben sacrificing himself for Luke but I don't think they'll all die... I don't think they need to be front and centre at Yavin in ANH to be considered alive at that time.

at the time of ANH, the only jedi alive are supposed to be Obi-wan and Yoda.(remember when yoda tells luke: "when gone I am, the last of the Jedi you will be". and since during Rebels show's timeline, Yoda contacts both Kanan and Ezra and helps them, he is aware of them so if he tells during ROTJ there are no other jedi left, they must be dead by then.

Maybe back in 1983 when it was released but I think we can safely assume that the amount of Jedi, or at least Force sensitives, alive at any time can dramatically increase as needed.

Not forgetting that Kanan and Ahsoka didn't complete their training so technically aren't full Jedi so to speak. There's a case to say that Ventress may still be around at the time of ANH... It's all possible. These are good characters and the writers will weave them in as and when they see fit.

Leia wasn't a Jedi either but was considered as a hope if Luke were to fail. And if Kanan, Ezra or Ashsoka were alive during ANH they would have been known to the rebels. Leia would have asked for their help since they knew her adopted father. My guess is that they will not want to cross streams and conclude rebels before the beginning of ANH.

My guess is that because it's a kid's cartoon on Disney, I doubt that all of the remaining non-OT heroes will die at the end.

My guess is that because it's a kid's cartoon on Disney, I doubt that all of the remaining non-OT heroes will die at the end.

They will probably kill off some of the characters in the comics after they end the show.

I just had a horrific thought- what if they bring in Obi-Wan? :distressed:

They will probably kill off some of the characters in the comics after they end the show.

I just had a horrific thought- what if they bring in Obi-Wan? :distressed:

Hmmm, since he won't appear (except maybe as a ghost) in the movies to come I wouldn't mind some more Obi-Wan. He is my favourite jedi though.

This!... very simply put. A kid's cartoon isn't going to kill off a whole team of heroes.

Also... let's face it... I don't think we can reason why Leia, in a film released in 1977, didn't know about any possible Jedi members of a rebel cell from a cartoon released in 2015. I'm sure I and any number of people on this thread could write a suitable story arc as to where Ahsoka, Kanan or Ezra could be at the time.

I don't know? Clone Wars was pretty brutal. And Disney has been pushing for DisneyXD to be a little more edgy if you will. More teen targeted. Heck they just picked up the earlier Dr. Who seasons.

This!... very simply put. A kid's cartoon isn't going to kill off a whole team of heroes.

Also... let's face it... I don't think we can reason why Leia, in a film released in 1977, didn't know about any possible Jedi members of a rebel cell from a cartoon released in 2015. I'm sure I and any number of people on this thread could write a suitable story arc as to where Ahsoka, Kanan or Ezra could be at the time.

Yes, but what would be the point of continuing rebels beyond the beginning of ANH? They can just end it without killing anyone off.

I think Disney will later be more interesting in tackling what happens before and after this next trilogy and beyond. As rebels I think is mainly about filling in gaps between pt and OT.

I don't know? Clone Wars was pretty brutal. And Disney has been pushing for DisneyXD to be a little more edgy if you will. More teen targeted. Heck they just picked up the earlier Dr. Who seasons.

Yeah but they won't END it by bumping off the WHOLE* remaining cast of main heroes. TCW lost a lot of secondary characters including jedi that weren't in episode 3, but Ventress, Rex & Ahsoka were the only introduced main characters, and all 3 survived, walking away. The highest profile character to die was Savage Opress, and some clones. And the finale (although possibly not the original plan for a finale) had no prominent deaths. So it wasn't that devastating, and I don't expect Rebels to go far over that. I reckon there will be high profile deaths along the way, but not most, surely not all, and surely not end on such a big sad note by killing off more than a couple in the finale. I expect a "happy" ending of sorts.

*non-OT

The more I think about it the more I can see Kanan being the one to be sacrificed allowing Ahsoka to pick up Ezra's training.

I think that would have more effect on Ezra than just seeing Ahsoka killed. I think Ahsoka being killed might have more of an effect on Kanan as he's finally found another Jedi to have regular contact with.

I'm assuming that over the next season or so it will bring the timeline ever closer to Rogue One. Can we assume Rogue One might be around a year before ANH? Is Season Two starting at around 4 years before ANH?

We saw at the end of EPIII that the Death Star was under construction so Rogue One could be timed anywhere from around 2BBY - 1BBY. Either way things will get close in regards to crossing over the timelines.

I'm assuming that over the next season or so it will bring the timeline ever closer to Rogue One. Can we assume Rogue One might be around a year before ANH? Is Season Two starting at around 4 years before ANH?

We saw at the end of EPIII that the Death Star was under construction so Rogue One could be timed anywhere from around 2BBY - 1BBY. Either way things will get close in regards to crossing over the timelines.

I think Rogue One takes place a few months before ANH. It's not like they stole the Death Star plans and held on to them for a year before sending them to the Rebellion.

With the timelines converging, I can see them introducing some Rogue One characters in Season 2 and replacing at least one of the main cast with Leia at the end of Season 2/ start of Season 3.