commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

A quick glance at that Wiki page shows that they would just call it an R-22 Spearhead which the A-Wing was based on... this was in production before the Battle of Yavin.

In the long run... who cares... it doesn't really matter anymore. In the SW Universe anything can happen at anytime.. especially if the new owners say it does. It's not the biggest stretch of the imagination really is it?

I mean Jar Jar threw his leg round with part of a droid attached to it and managed to hit several targets with the blaster still attached to the hand... this fighter could have flown through a time hole from the future and I'd still consider it more likely.

They would not call it an R-22 Spearhead--that's in the "Legends" tab of the wiki entry, not in the "Canon" tab. But otherwise, yes, they can introduce A-wings and B-wings whenever they wish...

They would not call it an R-22 Spearhead--that's in the "Legends" tab of the wiki entry, not in the "Canon" tab. But otherwise, yes, they can introduce A-wings and B-wings whenever they wish...

Yes but they could end up calling it the r-22. I suspect over time we will see more and more Legends adapted and made into canon. Which was kind of his point. That was why making the entire EU into Legends was a smart move, allowing them to pick and choice to add when it made sense. No predetermined future.

Yes but they could end up calling it the r-22. I suspect over time we will see more and more Legends adapted and made into canon. Which was kind of his point. That was why making the entire EU into Legends was a smart move, allowing them to pick and choice to add when it made sense. No predetermined future.

I agree that they can pick & choose, but I highly doubt they'll go "R-22 Spearhead" when the average fan is immediately gonna say "A-wing". Even the concept art labels it "A-wing" in the box in the corner (next to some stuff that's a little tougher to make out in the pic I downloaded... "AvA"? And then in parentheses "Spirit of A").

If we don't hear from the crew in the meantime, we'll likely learn more at Celebration next month since those Rebel ships are all slated for episode 201, the season premiere. :tongue:

I know i am late but i watched the episode and at the end i said "Ashoka and Anakin/Darth Vader in the Same Episode?This needs to be a LEGO Game!"

I agree that they can pick & choose, but I highly doubt they'll go "R-22 Spearhead" when the average fan is immediately gonna say "A-wing". Even the concept art labels it "A-wing" in the box in the corner (next to some stuff that's a little tougher to make out in the pic I downloaded... "AvA"? And then in parentheses "Spirit of A").

If we don't hear from the crew in the meantime, we'll likely learn more at Celebration next month since those Rebel ships are all slated for episode 201, the season premiere. :tongue:

I don't think the average fan would know that the A-Wing was developed after the battle of Yavin in response to the speed of the TIE Fighter. If they want to make the A-Wing present earlier than Yavin then it will be so.

It wasn't that long ago that Boba Fett's history was largely accepted... but the PT rewrote all that in one fell swoop. I still personally think they just wanted Fett in the PT but couldn't as he'd be too young, which is why I see Jango's character insertion as really heavy handed, regardless of making him the source of the clones' DNA. But it shows how something that was pretty much lore could change instantly.

With regards to things such as the timeline of A-Wing fighters they could just call it an R-22 and say 'some of the test pilots have dubbed it the A-Wing'... or just not mention it at all and the general Rebels fan wouldn't know any different.

With regards to saying they won't or can't call it a spearhead or an A-Wing... they can and might. If Anakin's force ghost can completely change it's appearance then who knows what is possible! ;)

I really hope they call it a A-Wing in the episode now. That was the whole point of removing the EU from canon, so they would't need to spend the concept stages of the episode arguing over the name of a ship, but rather to just get the cool ship in the episode.

Does anyone know of when the SWR trailer of season 2 will be revealed at the convention? I'm quite excited for it as well amidst the other news...

Edited by legozebra

Holy crap, that trailer looks insane! Tons of Rebel forces, Rex and Wolffe, more Ahsoka (who Filoni keeps saying will be 'used sparingly,' though she's certainly not used sparingly in the trailer), and a lot of Vader! Plus a new Inquisitor, who seems just as incompetent as the last one by the looks of it. Case in point: this new inquisitor spinning his lightsaber around for ages before simply kicking Ezra. Riiiiight… good one.

I hope Kanan and Ezra surviving Vader is done believably. Vader needs to not be another Clone Wars Grevious/Dooku situation where the heroes easily get away again and again.

I'm confident that they'll handle Darth Vader with respect to his character. The writers did a great job of portraying Grand Moff Tarkin as a credible threat. Although he was not the most competent villain, the first Inquisitor was at least treated as a danger. He wasn't defeated by Gungans or tethered to a protagonist for an episode.

That was awesome!

It's great to see lots of Clone Wars love with Rex and Hondo who I was really hoping to see at some point! And of course it's great that we are getting more of Ahsoka and Vader! Although I do agree with Cloney that the rebels shouldn't face off against Vader too often in order not to make him seem incompetent, so in that sense it's good that we are getting another incompetent inquisitor to do most of the failing. Filoni pretty much confirmed that Ahsoka will be facing off against Vader at some point, so I can't wait to see that!

That was excellent, I remember when The clone Wars ended I thought Rex's character would just be forgotten, really pumped for this season.

Filoni said that Vader would be used sparingly. That's why there's a new baddie with a twirly lightsaber arriving / fighting Kanan in the trailer.

He said nothing like that about Ahsoka.

Edited by rollermonkey

That looked very promising, it seems that one of our heroes may have a tragic end after that confrontation with Vader, so far this trailer looked even better than the episode 7 one.

He said nothing like that about Ahsoka.

Well, he was being very vague about it when that question came up, but he said that he discussed it with George and that it is "part of the story that we have to tell you" which along with him being so vague about it tells me that they will definitely meet in some way eventually.

So I know one of the clones behind Rex is Wolfe but who is the other clone. I was thinking it might be fox

I highly doubt it would be Fox. Fox is Coruscant security and would likely be loyal to the Emperor. It's probably either a clone who served under/with Rex or Wolffe, or something like an Arc trooper who was already autonomous.

It's not a spoiler when they put it out there on the marketing materials, right? I mean unless the season poster is the tease from hell...

oh heck just to be safe

rebels2.jpg

It's not a spoiler when they put it out there on the marketing materials, right? I mean unless the season poster is the tease from hell...

oh heck just to be safe

rebels2.jpg

*oh2*

That trailer...

That poster...

I guess the real important question here is, do we have a premiere date?

*oh2*

That trailer...

That poster...

I guess the real important question here is, do we have a premiere date?

Agreed! I can't wait for the premiere. Ashoka vs Vader is now completely confirmed... Season finale perhaps?

I meant nothing about her being used sparingly.

Oh, I see. :blush:

oh heck just to be safe

rebels2.jpg

Yes, I believe that was the poster that was referenced when the question about Ahsoka was asked. If nothing else, this pretty much confirms it. Thanks for sharing!

I can't help but think that would be a bad thing if you like her character...

Well, she could just escape like all the other main characters probably will, but yeah, it would make sense if she dies during her confrontation with Vader. Maybe she will be the one to save Ezra from him, sacrificing herself to allow the other rebels to escape. It would be the only respectful way of killing off her character while also keeping Vader's reputation up and would explain why we don't see her in the original trilogy.

I can't help but think that would be a bad thing if you like her character...

Not necessarily, a good death is a sometimes enjoyable if done well.