commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

The last episode of this season will air today at at 9/8c. The next season will be up in fall/autumn, probably october, I think. But they will show some tid-bits on the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, on 16-th april. Rumor has it that they will also show the first episode of season 2, but I think it will only be a 7 minutes preview.

Thanks! that is good news, I hate inter season cliffhangers.

That was... awesome! :cry_happy::drool:

Allow me to chime in.

I haven't been that excited to watch something since Legend of Korra ended! That was phenomenal!

Now unlike many shows, Star Wars is usually one where if you fall down a pit, you are dead (not counting Darth Maul). This disappoints me because the Inquisitor was one of my favorite characters in the show. But now that Vader is at the helm...

Speaking of someone at the helm, Fulcrum is Ahsoka! I was not expecting that at all! Did Lucas originally create her for the purpose of being the leader of the Rebels? I have to say, though, the inevitable Vader/Fulcrum fight is going to be a feels fest!

Now, how will I get my Star Wars fill...

Edited by Penkid11

That was... awesome! :cry_happy::drool:

That was phenomenal. Easily the best episode of Rebels...

Vader's entrance was great! I knew Fulcrum was Ashoka because of spoilers (I know, I really shouldn't have...)but it was still a great reveal as well! And the fact that Chopper and Hera knew of the other Rebel cells is a real surprise to me. I wonder who is part of all the other cells!

Wow. Star Wars Rebels had a pretty excellent first season, and an excellent season finale.

Everything about this episode was really stellar. I love the action scenes, the dialog feels nice and flows great, and the lighting was especially something that made me giddy. There were some excellent shots during the dog fight and the Star Destroyer's inner engine. The whole fight with Kanaan and Ezra against the Inquisitor was quite something.

I didn't watch the Clone Wars, but I do know enough about that one character that when they showed up, it was pretty freaking cool. I'm a little sad to see the Inquisitor go, but I still feel he played the role he was meant to. The first big enemy for our characters to overcome. I'm glad we still have Callus, though. He's one of those characters who seems to have a lot going on and we just haven't seen it all. I'd be interested to see what will happen with him come season 2.

I think the one character I'd like to see get some more love is Sabine. As much as I think she's an excellent character, I'd say out of the entirety of the Ghost crew, we know the least about her. I mean, we know a bit, but I'd love for some character episodes seeing how Sabine got into the Imperial Academy and what was the tipping point that made her defect. I still love the character, I just wish we saw more of it.

Also, what a way to end your episode with the entrance of one of the most presence demanding villains ever. Vader's entrance was awesome.

I've got more to say, but this is the bare bones. I freaking loved it, bring on season 2! :sweet:

What do you think the chances are of captain Rex turning up next season

Edited by Chookdude

Ah, good, good, a non-cliffhanger ending and an awesome final episode, just what I wanted. And now to wait for the first previews for season 2 and season 2 itself.

Now a little off-topic question;

There have been confirmations of two or more star wars based movies besides episode 7 and above. Rumor has it that one of these will be a heist-movie, about a group of "bountyhunters" that steal the plans for the first deathstar. Could it be that these rumored "bountyhunters" would be our rebels crew? I, for once, think that it would be great if our cartoon rebels made the jump to the silver screen.

Edited by Daimar

You might want to put something like that in a spoiler bar.

You might want to put something like that in a spoiler bar.

Worked out how to use a spoiler bar have changed it

Edited by Chookdude

I just watched the finale, and it was mind-blowing, that's how you end a season!!! When Fulcrum's identity was revealed I jumped out of my chair in overflowing joy, Rebels is finally the SW series, that we needed, not saying that CW was bad, but Rebels has the classic SW magic in it.

I hope the Inquisitor is not gone forever, he was a favourite from his first appearance, but considering that they brought Vader into the game, they might not need him in the story anymore.

Ah, good, good, a non-cliffhanger ending and an awesome final episode, just what I wanted. And now to wait for the first previews for season 2 and season 2 itself.

Now a little off-topic question;

There have been confirmations of two or more star wars based movies besides episode 7 and above. Rumor has it that one of these will be a heist-movie, about a group of "bountyhunters" that steal the plans for the first deathstar. Could it be that these rumored "bountyhunters" would be our rebels crew? I, for once, think that it would be great if our cartoon rebels made the jump to the silver screen.

Don't think so, the bounty hunters have been rumored to involve the Fett family. Or at the very least actual bounty hunters, not rebels.

That was indeed a great episode and now I can't wait for next season.

Edited by Darth Punk

Wow that finale whas fantastic! The reveals in the ending were amazing!

That was, without a doubt, the most exhilarating 22 minutes of television I've ever seen. WOW!!!!

Still reeling this morning from all of the possibilities that Season 2 will bring. I'm glad that the finale opened up the the show to so many more possibilities. Also, if anyone has yet to watch Rebels Recon for the episode, there's some really great additional info and sneak peeks at Season 2.

Funny, I thought it was okay, no different to most other episodes. Still absolutely not-believable fire fights.

Except for the light sabre battle & fan service of

returning characters, that made me happy. About freaking time Darth Vader shows up, and I was 90% sure Ahsoka was Fulcrum thanks to some comments a couple of weeks ago so I was glad it was true. Although her face has stretched a lot over time! Only things still needed are those 2 droids, it doesn't feel like Star Wars without them. The emperor ought to be making appearances too.

Bye bye, Quisi. Won't miss you really. But now that it's Vader, the rebels are in for it. And if they aren't, then his character is ruined. And yes, if those 2 former jedi meet again... oh the emotion!

Allow me to chime in.

I haven't been that excited to watch something since Legend of Korra ended! That was phenomenal!

Now unlike many shows, Star Wars is usually one where if you fall down a pit, you are dead (not counting Darth Maul). This disappoints me because the Inquisitor was one of my favorite characters in the show. But now that Vader is at the helm...

Speaking of someone at the helm, Fulcrum is Ahsoka! I was not expecting that at all! Did Lucas originally create her for the purpose of being the leader of the Rebels? I have to say, though, the inevitable Vader/Fulcrum fight is going to be a feels fest!

Now, how will I get my Star Wars fill...

sort of, but not exactly. Asohka was largely dreamed up by Lucas as a kind of POV and character stand in for his daughters. Of course one of his daughters then went on to write the character, not to mention breathe a great deal of life and emotion into Asajj Ventriss. So while it is unlikely he planned for Asohka to start or lead the Rebelion, it's not exactly an unexpected twist given how he envisioned the character.

I would imagine extremely high. Filoni has hinted that he has some unfinished business with Rex. I would think that the ONLY thing that would prevent Rex showing up in Rebels would be him being included in Ep VII. There have been rumors (likely just that and nothing more) that Max Von Sydow's mysterious junk man might in fact be Rex.

I would imagine extremely high. Filoni has hinted that he has some unfinished business with Rex. I would think that the ONLY thing that would prevent Rex showing up in Rebels would be him being included in Ep VII. There have been rumors (likely just that and nothing more) that Max Von Sydow's mysterious junk man might in fact be Rex.

Technically, that wouldn't be possible due to...

Clone trooper growth acceleration. By the time of The Force Awakens, Rex would be the equivalent of 125+ years old.

We dont really know, what is canon and what isnt anymore in Star Wars, so everything is possible. On a second note, there are some differences in the design (the front, the gunns), maybe they will be featured only in one episode as some sort of prototypes on a test-run. Who knows. But honestly, getting a Mcquarrie styled a-wing in blue as a possible lego set, is a dream come true for me.

A quick glance at that Wiki page shows that they would just call it an R-22 Spearhead which the A-Wing was based on... this was in production before the Battle of Yavin.

In the long run... who cares... it doesn't really matter anymore. In the SW Universe anything can happen at anytime.. especially if the new owners say it does. It's not the biggest stretch of the imagination really is it?

I mean Jar Jar threw his leg round with part of a droid attached to it and managed to hit several targets with the blaster still attached to the hand... this fighter could have flown through a time hole from the future and I'd still consider it more likely.

Just adding to the previous discussion, I'd say that Kallus and the Inquisitor are incompetent and the show knows it. Up until Tarkin showed up, I just thought that the showrunners expected us to accept that sense this is a show aimed at a younger audience, the characters in this universe are all just a little bit dumber than they would be in a film. But since the arrival of Tarkin, who comes to shake up the Imperial forces on Lothal, the writing is more self-aware. Tarkin is just as smart as he was in the original Star Wars.

I love that the Imperials on Lothal are incompetent. I may be reading too much into this, but it sort of plays with the idea that the Imperials are stretched too thin and the quality of the troops and officers suffers because of it. Lothal is a random little planet in the Outer Rim, so going with that idea, the Imperial jurisdiction there would be weaker.

Also, I believe that the Inquisitor is just one of many, and the one we see in the show just governs that sector of the Outer Rim. I don't have much evidence for this, except that Darth Vader refers to him as "Inquisitor," which could imply that this may be a title that many hold.

Now, onto that season finale. I loved it. When I saw that multicolored TIE Fighter, I was prepared for the worst, but that turned out to be a great and unexpected payoff to the third (I think?) episode. The reveal of Fulcrom was nice. I was watching this episode with my friends, one of whom believed that Fulcrom would be Organa while I was in the Ahsoka camp, which led to many arguments on how writing and reveals work. When Organa showed up at the end, I was completely baffled. My friend started to call me out, and just when he thought he had won, Ahsoka showed up. On the topic of Ahsoka, I love her new look. And one little thing I noticed during the episode was a music cue lifted from the final lap of the podrace in The Phantom Menace. That soundtrack always makes me a little nostalgic (even if I'm not a fan of the movie nowadays).

Anyways, needless to say, I'm excited for the future of this series. It has tremendous potential.