commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

Thanks guys for bringing that up :sad: , it would've been a surprise reveal. It certainly sounded like her. I noticed that there was nothing in the credits for Fulcrum. I'm sure if they'd put the name of the actress it would be a giveaway, hence why they've left it out?

And yes, like Grievous, agent Kallus & the Inquisitor are all bark and no bite. In fact, not really much bark.

I don't think it is her (dub voice actor or not), how could you fit head tails under that hood?

Edited by Mr Man

What are you talking about :look: ??? The Inquisitor has turned out to be one of my favourite villains from the whole Star Wars universe.I get excited each time he appears on screen and not to mention that his fights with Kanan are awesome!!!

Edited by LOTR34

What are you talking about :look: ??? The Inquisitor has turned out to be one of my favourite villains from the whole Star Wars universe.I get excited each time he appears on screen and not to mention that his fights with Kanan are awesome!!!

He's done nothing in the show so far other than be a rerun of Grievous. Tarkin shows up, and 2 seconds later he's already captured a Jedi, something the Inquisitor is meant to do for a living.

Yeah... he looks good... and he wields a sabre... so we kind of get drawn to him as a character but he did seem as inept as Kallus and everyone else on Lothal.

As soon as Tarkin shows up he gets all badas*.

In some ways I really like the subtle character traits of the Inquisitor, especially when played against Tarkin. The Inquisitor comes across as truly wanting to be a badass, and styling himself that way, but at the end of the day he's not a real Sith and never will be. Who knows how he got into the position of Inquisitor, but he probably had a successful career for a while fighting against low-level and low-skilled enemies of the Empire, or Jedi who were too broken by the whole tragedy to put up a good fight. He doesn't seem truly terrible at what he does, it seems more like Kanan is simply more resilient than anybody expected. As seen in the latest episode, Kanan has a power of will that the Inquisitor can't break, which isn't what the Inquisitor is used to.

That whole description might seem too apologetic for the way the Inquisitor is portrayed, but that's really the way I see it. I was quite surprised myself that they initially advertised the Inquisitor as a really formidable opponent, only to have him become unable to catch the Rebels and ultimately seem kind of like a sulky teenager with Tarkin stepping in. But I think ultimately took the character in an interesting and unexpected direction for Season 1, and perhaps he will come back trying to redeem himself in Season 2 and really cause some damage.

The way they portrayed Grevious in Clone Wars is just incomparable. Grevious was shown to be a real, dangerous threat in the original series and even in Episode III to some extent, and Clone Wars turned him into an inept idiot who can have his megablocks served to him by Jar-Jar. It was a complete trashing of a character who we all already knew to be something different. With the Inquisitor, on the other hand, my conception of him comes just from Rebels since that's the only place he appears, so I can get behind his portrayal.

In some ways I really like the subtle character traits of the Inquisitor, especially when played against Tarkin. The Inquisitor comes across as truly wanting to be a badass, and styling himself that way, but at the end of the day he's not a real Sith and never will be. Who knows how he got into the position of Inquisitor, but he probably had a successful career for a while fighting against low-level and low-skilled enemies of the Empire, or Jedi who were too broken by the whole tragedy to put up a good fight. He doesn't seem truly terrible at what he does, it seems more like Kanan is simply more resilient than anybody expected. As seen in the latest episode, Kanan has a power of will that the Inquisitor can't break, which isn't what the Inquisitor is used to.

I agree completely. He really wants to be a powerful Jedi/Sith, and that's why he studied on all of the Jedi fighting styles. He knows them all to a tee, but doesn't have the prowess to become as powerful as a Jedi. It's kind of like someone who studies classic fiction and storywriting, but can't write a story him/herself.

I think the thing that puts me off him is Kanan didn't finish his Jedi training and it seems that it's his training of Ezra that's brought him closer to the Force but he's still able to escape from the Inquisitor even while he has a squad or two of Stormtroopers with him.

I think after tales of Vader destroying a room full of full Jedi Knights during his purge after Order 66 (written fiction not part of EpIII) It just makes me look at the Inquisitor as someone quite weak and I wonder why he'd be trusted to search out Rebel Cells and Jedis during these times when he's actually a bit of a tart.

Ha... it's british slang. Based on a slang name for a girl... or at least one who can appear slutty.

He just strikes me as someone who has all the gear and no idea... when it comes to the actual fight he's a bit of a big girls blouse! ;)

Yeah, when you look at him you think "this guy knows what he's doing" and then he fails to capture them.

he's actually a bit of a tart.

That's certainly the most... original way to describe him I've heard :roflmao:.

a girl... or at least one who can appear slutty.

He just strikes me as someone who has all the gear and no idea... when it comes to the actual fight he's a bit of a big girls blouse! ;)

That's what I was hoping you didn't mean! But you were being more metaphoric than I realised. I got a picture of the Inquisitor as Rose (2) from Keeping Up Appearances obsessing over the "dishy vicar"

I wouldnt say, that Kallus and the inquisitor are incompetent. Kallus said, that he had used all the resources that are available to him, to hunt the rebels down but didnt had any luck with it. Lets see, he has stormtroopers (which have like only a few weeks training and are then send into battle; not like the clones who were trained/programed to be soldiers), pilots and some officers, cruisers, ITT-s, AT-DP-s, speeder bikes, frigates and tie-fighters. Its not really clear what kind of authorisation he has but I doubt that he could get away with blowing up a comunication tower, like Tarkin who is prety much best buds with the Emperor. He would probably be executed if he did so I mean, blowing up a whole tower just to interrupt a transmission, thats overkill. Didnt they have some sort of jamming devices in the clone wars and the prequels? But I get it, Tarkin wanted to show the rebels, that he isnt joking around (anybody who has seen "A new hope" knows that) and that he is prepared to do whatever it takes to destroy them and I think every one got that message.

About the inquisitor, well he looks cool and he bested Kanan in every lightsaber fight but was allways interrupted by Ezra before giving him the finishing blow. But he is not Vader, not even a darth so we still dont know much about his potential. Lets just see what the finale and the next season brings.

Star Wars Rebels just posted a new trailer on their facebook page of the final episode this season.

And it looks fantastic! I can not wait!

10991604_421780794645216_4422914674651463196_o.jpg

Edited by Kelso

Found the trailer for the final episode here

. Does anyobody know the duration of this episode, will it be like "spark of rebellion", or a normal length episode?

Found the trailer for the final episode here

. Does anyobody know the duration of this episode, will it be like "spark of rebellion", or a normal length episode?

22 minutes according to their Facebook page.

22 minutes according to their Facebook page.

Thanks. Its a shame, I hoped it would be longer.

Thanks. Its a shame, I hoped it would be longer.

Yeah, I was reading the comments, and the Star Wars Rebels rep assured the readers that it will feel more than 22 minutes because so much happens. That could be good or bad...

The last episode of this season will air today at at 9/8c. The next season will be up in fall/autumn, probably october, I think. But they will show some tid-bits on the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, on 16-th april. Rumor has it that they will also show the first episode of season 2, but I think it will only be a 7 minutes preview.

Edited by Daimar

The last episode of this season will air today at at 9/8c. The next season will be up in fall/autumn, probably october, I think. But they will show some tid-bits on the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, on 16-th april. Rumor has it that they will also show the first episode of season 2, but I think it will only be a 7 minutes preview.

I believe they are showing the whole first episode of season 2 plus some previews of the coming season.

I believe they are showing the whole first episode of season 2 plus some previews of the coming season.

That would be awesome, where did you find that info ?