becauseBATMAN

[MOC] Stark Industries Armory [Iron Man Hall of Armor]

Hello everyone,

Here is my completely re-designed Stark Industries Armory - Iron Man Hall of Armor

6gbtj5.jpg

5bbtjc.jpg

Tony Stark is usually surrounded by cool holographic displays so I decided to add several more, including the Mark 6 & 7 projections from the Malibu Mansion set.

Can't forget about the booze on the table! (Demon in a Bottle)

10qxz0z.jpg

Main floor: Mk. 1, Mk. 2, Mk.7, Mk.5, Mk.6

2vl8do9.jpg

fc760g.jpg

2n0hgh.jpg

2ue2wqd.jpg

Top row: Stealth Artillery Suit, Silver Centurion Mk. 2, Deep Space Suit, Enhanced Reactor suit, Prototype Stealth suit

Bottom row: Hot Rod Red (I wondered how all red would look haha), Deep Sea Hydro suit, Long Distance suit, Silver Centurion retro-inspired suit, Hyper Velocity suit

30cxdw3.jpg

Top row: War Machine 2.0 prototype suit, Prometheum-armor inspired suit, War Machine Heavy Duty, Godkiller armor, Bleeding Edge armor

zs6kp.jpg

Tony's work area

dyrxgj.jpg

5yas14.jpg

Top row: "Bones", War Machine, Mk. 42 prototype, Mk. 42, Iron Patriot

Bottom row: Radiation-zone suit, Super Stealth suit, "Shotgun", "Gemini", "Heartbreaker"

2rw8dgh.jpg

I decided to expose only the top-half of the HulkBuster Mk. 2 (World War Hulk version)

I think it looks better surrounded by the walkway & repair bay

Inspiration picture:

35himh1.jpg

2mfhk4o.jpg

1zzwcg.jpg

9146112489_552f933370_o.jpg

9153055359_0a72da33af_o.jpg

Evolution & progress pictures:

30rno6g.jpg

Alot of paint mixing!

vpugyd.jpg

Makeshift drying rig for helmets and face masks

6zq1sm.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by becauseBATMAN

That's an impressive hall of armors ! Wow, I'd love to see all those suits for real ! Congratulations !

Very nice build, and impressive array of armours.

On a side note, I'd like to invite you, for the future, to up-date your creations in one thread, and not create 3 different ones (plus one in the MCW) for the various stages of the build. Thanks. :wink:

That's amazing, you really captured the feel of the armory! Also, I love all of the different armors.

AMAZING. Just mind blowing

Looks great! I really like the new structures! :classic:

Thank you!

Very nice build, and impressive array of armours.

On a side note, I'd like to invite you, for the future, to up-date your creations in one thread, and not create 3 different ones (plus one in the MCW) for the various stages of the build. Thanks. :wink:

Thanks! Sure no problem =)

Edited by becauseBATMAN

You are lucky to have so many Iron Men, I would be happy with just ONE (but even the cheapest Iron Man set is too expensive here in Australia)

Now this is impressive indeed, lots of Iron Man minifigs in use here eh ? :grin:

Brick On 'becauseBATMAN' ! :grin:

You are lucky to have so many Iron Men, I would be happy with just ONE (but even the cheapest Iron Man set is too expensive here in Australia)

PM sent!

Wow, this is my favourite superhero MOC I've seen.

Now this is impressive indeed, lots of Iron Man minifigs in use here eh ? :grin:

Brick On 'becauseBATMAN' ! :grin:

Wow man, this MOC is very very impressive!!!

great build and great customs!

Thank you! :sweet:

Edited by becauseBATMAN

started some small detail-work today. I noticed that all of the face-masks on the armors have the same design. I'm going to be painting a few to change the look. Here's the first one:

1z3rp5x.jpg

I color-matched the sides and raised the red further up at the chin area. This was inspired by Stark's Prometheum armor.

u4fls.jpg

I'm also painting in the smaller details, like the two circle-vents on the galaxy-patrol armor that I used for my Deep Sea Hydro custom.

Before:

x2wjsz.jpg

I'll post pictures of everything once its all completed

This is a really great Hall of Armor, how long did it take to create all these custom Iron Mans? I think I counted 35 of them!

This is a really great Hall of Armor, how long did it take to create all these custom Iron Mans? I think I counted 35 of them!

Thanks! I need to update my pics, but the total count is at 33 right now. I sorta have a quick learning-curve when it comes to crafts so it didn't take long. I can knock a figure out in less than 5 min now (not including drying/curing time).

The hardest piece for me was this though - luckily, it came out clean with no smears:

nh04ys.jpg5k4p5k.jpg

Edited by becauseBATMAN

I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but how did you get the paint to come out so cleanly? I always end up with brushstroke marks and lumps.

Thanks.

Wow. So impressed. Amazing.

Thank you very much! Your comment is much appreciated

I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but how did you get the paint to come out so cleanly? I always end up with brushstroke marks and lumps.

Thanks.

I understand where you're coming from - the marks that appear after painting can be very annoying at times.

My technique is a little odd and somewhat complicated.. if you want to send me a private message with a picture of what you're trying to paint, i can give you some specific painting tips to make the job easier :classic: cheers

Wow that is fantastic!!! Better than anything i could have ever dreamed of building

thanks!

sir how did you paint each armor so perfectly??

a clean brush and steady hand help a lot :blush: