couchsofa

[Digital MOC] Nostromo

nostromo_cropped.png

nostromo_1_cropped.png

nostromo.png

As the name suggests, this spaceship was inspired by the alien movies.

nostromo_1_detail1_cropped.png

This MOC utilizes about 18k bricks and still has some details missing.

The ship has 2 decks and 3 subdecks which have several entries and exits, linking large parts of the Nostromo.

nostromo_deck_2_composite.png

nostromo_making_of_comms_and_stasischamber.png

nostromo_making_of_corridor.pngnostromo_making_of_lab_module.png

nostromo_making_of_escape_pod_module.png

nostromo_making_of_landing_module.png

Edited by couchsofa

exactly what i'm looking for!

im working on huge spaceship too using my LDD, but still thinking about the frame (Chassis). and lookinn at your work, i guess you are using simple frame work, and maybe some technic parts.

and lookinn at your work, i guess you are using simple frame work, and maybe some technic parts.

Yes, exactly. The technic parts are used for vertical load distribution and joining the different modules of the ship. I also used an inner and outer hull which further contribute to the size and structural integrity.

This large. Scarily so. And that´s an understatement. Anyway, awesome MOC!

Looking forward to see this in real bricks. From your drawings, I'm sceptical to the structural integrity of such a huge ship. But I hope I'm wrong and that we will get too see this soon.

exactly what i'm looking for!

im working on huge spaceship too using my LDD, but still thinking about the frame (Chassis).

By the way, if you want to take a closer look i can give you the lxf file, do you know a good file sharing website?

lxf source file links:

Nostromo

Making Of (Modules)

This large. Scarily so. And that´s an understatement. Anyway, awesome MOC!

Thanks alot!

Here are two more closeups of the leisure module (making of) and the bridge which features design concepts from star trek and star wars.

nostromo_1_detail5.png

nostromo_making_of_leisure_module.png

Looking forward to see this in real bricks. From your drawings, I'm sceptical to the structural integrity of such a huge ship. But I hope I'm wrong and that we will get too see this soon.

Well, I'm certainly not going to build this. I couldn't afford the temporal and economic expenses and don't even have enaugh space in my flat to fit it :D

Apart from probably being too heavy to lift in its entirety, it would break down when trying to do so (that's one of the reasons for building it in a modular fashion). After all, it is a spaceship and build for zero g! But it features an even bottom so you can put it on a table and in this position everything you can see in the digital model should be possible to realise in physical reality.

Edited by couchsofa

Holy smokes, man! This is incredible. I would totally build this if I had the space for it. The Alien series is still one of my favorites.

That's a really big ship... Too much black brick I think, but for an alien it's a good thing, many places to hide :classic:

I like the design of the sleeping pods :thumbup:

Holy smokes, man! This is incredible.

That's a really big ship... Too much black brick I think, but for an alien it's a good thing, many places to hide :classic:

Yeah, lots of black and a very minimalistic shape to capture the feeling of the movies.

Also, I realized that i forgot to render a perspective from outside the ship as most of the renderings are cut-aways ... so here you go:

nostromo_1_cropped.png

And the full res version can be found here.

Edited by couchsofa

I think you've blown my mind. Severely. That's got to be the largest SHIP I've ever seen, or at the very least the second-largest

*huh*

Well, this is... large, to say the least.

I can't put it into words, so I'm gonna say the only thing I can put into words:

This is beyond awesome, but I can't exactly say how much beyond awesome it has.

Seriously. It's big, detailed and overall exciting. 3 levels of a brilliant model. It's got the little tidbits that make this so good, like the weird pod thing. I like the mixture of parts, too, instead of sticking to either technic or system (Unlike most people I know) and for that I say well done, mind blower of the century. In fact, maybe 369,001 minds were blown today!

I'm proud to be in this community because of intelligent, hard-working MOCmakers like you. Thanks, sergeant soldier Couchsofa, for you have made me happy.

:oh: Impressive work, with a lot of detailes :thumbup: :thumbup: