Hello all,

I would like to present my first real MOC. It is a 16 stud wide modular Bakery, with an apartment above. The bakery sells cupcakes and croissants, as can be seen in the window to attract passer bys, and also sells coffees, cold drinks and has an 'eat in' area out the back. More pics can be found on my flickr stream. (link in my sig. or click one of the photos!)

8750574398_d382164fd6_z.jpg

An overall look of the building, the owner seems to have fallen over :sceptic:

8750654528_4a2a2a0183_z.jpg

The owner welcomes one and all to his shop :classic: ....

8749533727_e0ac7af6a2_z.jpg

Stay for a coffee and a cupcake...

8750589984_a9412c27e3_z.jpg

And all of the floors separate.

Sorry for the poor photography, i'm still getting used to taking photos of LEGO! I hope you all like it!

Comments and suggestions welcome (but be nice, remember this is my first MOC :tongue: )

Happy building :laugh:

Very nice bakery 'timmy'.....see I said on ANZFOL I would leave a comment on EB ! :wink:

The fall guy must have been to the local pub before going to the bakery eh ? :laugh:

Great work 'timmyc1983' and Brick On ! :grin:

Excellent building. I can see why the owner fainted; it was the smell of that "delicious croissant." :laugh:

Nice work! I love people own original modulars, they always look so good! I like the stripey look it has, it will certainly fit with the other LEGO modulars!

Good Job!

Nice!! I really like the arched windows and the roof terrace/garden bit (although in my opinion the big plain windows on the first floor don't quite seem to "fit in" with the rest of the building) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next...

Crikey that's one stripy building! :classic:

Seriously though I like it, it's got plenty of details in the facade and interior. There's a lot to enjoy, but I think I agree with greg3 regarding the first floor windows. Perhaps you could try adding another row of bricks at the bottom of that floor (so that it became an 8-row level rather than the current 7-row and the windows started at row 2).

Either way I'll be queueing up tomorrow for fresh croissants and baguettes!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

I really like this! The colors go very well together, the white and tan look very fresh and bright. I do agree with others who mentioned the window size on the first floor of the apartment, maybe some drapes. Lots of nice little details, flowers and the 1x1 rounds add a nice texture to the building.

I would probably spend all my time with a cupcake and coffee on the roof terrace and never go to work, except on bad wether days ;)

Looking forward to your next.

Andy D

Thanks for all the feedback everyone :classic:

I will look into the first floor windows and see what i can do!!

I really appreciate the comments though, they definitely encourage me to make more! :sweet:

Hats off to this if it is really your first MOC. :classic:

A very nicely detailed building, you managed to get a lot of things into 16 studs width. My favourite is the green stuff - the flowers above the entrance and the foliage on the roof.

Keep up the good work.

This is really nice. I like the second foor facade and the rooftop garden is just splendid. The first floor windows do detract from the building somewhat. I think the building as a whole would be more harmonious if you replaced the first floor windows with white framed windows, like the second floor.

Overall, great first modular and I'm looking forward tp your next one.

Hats off to this if it is really your first MOC. :classic:

A very nicely detailed building, you managed to get a lot of things into 16 studs width. My favourite is the green stuff - the flowers above the entrance and the foliage on the roof.

Keep up the good work.

Overall, great first modular and I'm looking forward tp your next one.

Nice work timmyc1983. The colors look like a cinnamon roll! I really like the deck up top :classic:

Means a lot coming from you guys, as I have admired your works!!! Thanks for the feedback :classic:

Happy building :laugh:

Edited by timmyc1983

De windows on the second floor and the roofterras are great. Goog choise if colors too. Great Building.

Thank you :classic:

I have made a slight change to the first floor windows, per suggestions:

8782683976_f9423ee321_z.jpg

I think it's an improvement, would love to know what you guys think :classic:

This is quite a wonderful Modular. :thumbup:

Lots of great details.

I would change the Floor plates from Grey to Tan or White to make it better. :classic:

But with so much detail it would be quite expensive to buy from Lego.

Edited by Venunder

Hi everyone :classic:

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I just uploaded a new video walkthrough of this MOC and would love for you guys to check it out:

Hope you like it and feel free to comment :laugh:

Happy building!!