Sign in to follow this  
alainneke

LEGO transformer 740

Hi all,

I recently acquired LEGO transformer 740 (which appears to be made by Siemens) to power the 725 set I found at Brickmania in Wetteren some time ago. The train runs great, and it really amazes me that all the electronics still work like new!

The transformer has three outputs: #1 is marked 0-13 VDC and should be used for the trains, #2 is marked 16 VAC and should be used for electric turnouts, and #3 is marked 3,6 VAC and has a lightbulb symbol.

Does anybody know if LEGO ever made any accessories (lights, ...) which could be connected to the third output of this transformer?

3.6V will be quite enough for 4.5V bulbs of course!!! You can't blow things up by providing too little voltage, they just won't shine (and also wear) at their maximum!

I think these are the ones, allthough they're 4,5V. It is possible to get 3,6V replacement bulbs (allthough not from LEGO)

Thanks, I didn't know those light bricks yet. I'll try to get hold of some. Any idea where to find the replacement bulbs? I took a look at Conrad's catalogue, but couldn't find any...