Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Steve

Using the Collectable Series Minifigs to Create Custom Blue and Red Co

The collectable Minifigure series have given us quite a few good minifigs and parts to make our own custom Red and Blue coat soldiers. Pirates of the Caribbean has also given us a few good torsos to use as well. I am going to post a few pictures of some of the soldiers I have created so far and I welcome anyone else who has made their own soldiers to post some pictures in this topic as well.

001.jpg

A sample of my new army.

002.jpg

003.jpg

The pearl gold hands, swords and hips compliment the gold in the tosos. I need to get a white Scabbard and I hope one day Lego makes a gold plume.

004.jpg

My new Blue Coat Soldiers, with their Brickarms weapons.

006.jpg

My new Blue Coat Sailors.

Edited by Dr. Steve

Nice looks, but still nothing overcomes the old 90s theme of Imperial Soldiers... so simple yet so much fun :D

They were great, I just really like all of the new colors, the darker blue with the gold accents are really sharp looking.

Let us not forget the wig! That's one of the most amazing piratey-themed items to come from the CMF series so far. I think that will be excellent for any MOC's concerning "posher" members of society.

Those bluecoats look great also! I've got a couple so far, but am yet to try them in full bluecoat attire, so thanks for sharing!

That is my favorite figure from the series. I wanted to army build multiple figures from that series, but I settled that I would be most upset if I didn't pick up my share of revolutionary soldiers. So I ended up with about 17 and 13 Romans. I may take back the Romans to build up more blue coats!

As much as I love the figure by itself, I immediately put on the shako and red epaulets and fell in love all over again. Now I can't look at it without those pieces. They are a superb update to my favorite theme as a child.

I actually prefer how the old unprinted shako looks on them and am currently using the printed shako for the red coats. Those brickarms weapons do look really well done for the theme also, but since I have an abundance of the official LEGO version, I will stick with those.

Great army you have there. I'd love to see some more.

This Fig is a must get for me, it really fits in well with the pirate theme. Excellent job Dr. Steve......

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Of the officers, what is the chest of the one on the left from?

Cousarmy, i belive its from Pirates if the Caribeenan, i might be wrong though, but im pretty sure i have seen this minifig somewhere in that theme.

It is captain Barbossa's torso from the potc line. It is supposed to be a British officers uniform.

I like the use of the revolutionary soldier, wish London Escape was still available

Man, this faction rocks! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Where did you get the muskets and the pistols?

They are from Brick Arms, here is a link to the store I bought them from. They are awesome! http://www.brickmania.com/brickarms-flintlock-musket/

It is captain Barbossa's torso from the potc line. It is supposed to be a British officers uniform.

Yes it is, I think it makes a great blue coat officer. I just wish we had a Gold plume to complete the look.

Here is a link to the torso from bricklink, the bicone hat with the gold trim also belongs to this fig. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb945c01

I was asking about the blue (apparently Barbarossa) tunic because I wholly concur that it makes a great bluecoat officer tunic, and I would like to get a few for myself :-)

On a side note, I just left for vacation today, but yesterday the ten Revolutionary soldiers I ordered arrived in the mail. They look freakin' sweet, and the wigs have found their way around to all manner of officers on all sides of the fray. I've ordered red epaulets and white trimmed tricornes to go with them, still unsure about rucks. My only regret, I had a guy with white shoulders, I wanted to try those shoulders on one of the Revolutionaries before settling on red, but I can't find the guy :-(