Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG- Quest #68: A Night at the Theatre

"Hmmm, interesting..." Ellaria mutters as she writes down the names. "Sir Taylor, I beg your pardon but you did not answer my question about the name of the play. Is that some sort of secret, too?"

"Should we check out this tavern where the other actors are said to be relaxing at?" she asks the others.

Dramatis Personae

Duke - Sir Jules Taylor

Duke's Wife - Alexa Kaye

General - Barney Reynolds

King - Johnny

Three Witches - spirits summoned by Lord Chauncey

Guard #1 - ?

Guard #2 - Pigley

"Good to meet ya' both. Try and keep yourself balanced or your shield's just gonna get knocked outta your hand," suggested Atramor to the untrained General, before returning to the party, nodding towards Ellaria, who was apparently making a record of the actors. "Rebel Prince is played by Phillip J. Firuz, play is called Treachery!, and I s'pose we won't be needed here until the rehearsal anyway, so I guess we could head to the tavern."

47a3ba7c-54bd-47ea-a850-8adc188dd05c_zps6d834d13.jpg

"Right you are! The name of the play is Treachery! And I'll have to ask you to not bother the extras while they're relaxing before the show. I'd much prefer you to stay here where you'll be able to protect us should rats show up during our dress rehearsal. But we do have until sundown. I guess you could go to the tavern if you promise not the bother the extras."

Edited by Zepher

Atramor shrugs.

"Could use a drink..."

"Shouldn't you avoid saying the name?" Tesni chuckled. "Thought that was a thing you actor types did."

"I'd be up for a drink before the dress rehearsal starts. A bit of relaxation before all hell breaks loose."

The heroes head to the tavern, accompanied by Russel and Pigley. At the tavern they see a number of rowdy groups of theatrical people, but it is hard to tell if it is their profession or simply the tavern atmosphere. The heroes sit down at the bar.

6109647261_39a80e5ec1_b.jpg

"What can I get for you?" asks the Bar Tender.

-Rum (5 gold)

-Mead (10 Gold)

-Flaming Gumball (10 Gold)

-Hurricane (15 Gold)

-Nostrum (50 Gold)

-Mulled Wine (100 Gold)

Atramor inhales the thick scent of candles, booze, and sweaty sailors. It reminded him strongly of home.

I'll buy stuff in a second. I know what most of those drinks do, but what about the Flaming Gumball?

I know that. :tongue: Nothing stat-wise?

Atramor stood and made his way to the counter, which he piled 30 gold onto.

"Three Rums, and one Hurricane."

Edited by CallMePie

Althior tosses 45 gold on the table. "Three Hurricanes if you would,"

OoC: As it is a bar, you must drink everything you order here, you can't take it with you - thus some of the lower prices. :wink:

"Huh, none of the hard stuff then? Broadside? Boar Tusk? A little Dark Lady?" Tesni looked over the limited selection with something akin to disappointment.

The Bar Tender raises an eyebrow at Tesni. "Can't say I know many of those drinks, my apologies."

DSCN0154_zpsaa21d5c3.jpg

[Ellaria, I see you aren't ordering. If you funds are a little low, I wouldn't mind buying a drink for the lovely lady. I've got about 30 gold to spare, if you'd like it.]

DSCN0157.jpg

[You'll need a drink before the show,] Pigley warns stoically.

Atramor reconsidered.

"In that case, just a Rum," he remarked, picking up a bottle and downing it at the cost of 5 gold.

Atramor downs the rum and feels a little bit warmer inside.

Perhaps the heroes would like to take this opportunity to talk among themselves? (You guys chose to come to the tavern! Talk for a bit, and then I'll update later today!)

"Why's that?" chuckled Atramor towards Pigley's warning, taking another sip of rum.

Edited by CallMePie

DSCN0157.jpg

[My fellow performers don't understand professionalism. If you are going to do something, you may as well do it well.] The mild mannered Pig took a sip of his wine.

Tesni shrugged. "I'll take a mead then." She looked to the other party members. "So, does anyone have any clues on the riddle then? Here I was hoping for a simple bash'n'cash gig and we get foreshadowing before we even get to the job!"

"Ah. Well, at least that Sir Tightass is all professional about it..." Atramor glanced at Tesni. "Aye, it's all a little odd. But as long as we do get paid for cuttin' up rats, I'll play along."

The Bar Tender accepts Tesni's gold and gives her a big glass of mead. Tesni sips at it and feels encouraged immediately.

Althior too sips at his drink (just serving you one, for fairness) and feels Hilariously Lucky.

DSCN0157.jpg

[sir Jules is a very competent director. He may seem intensive, but it is only because he cares. I personally believe he is doing important work. We all accomplish so little in the world, we may as well accomplish it well. It is the man playing the King that I protest to - some Johnny Alwaysface or Everhand, can't remember the name. And then the damn General is so nervous all the time. Doesn't he realize that nothing we do matters. We'll all be dead soon anyway, and no one will remember how good we were at acting, so he should really stop worrying.]

Atramor stared for a moment, then set down his half-drunken bottle.

"Johnny Everyman? Hah. Worthless bastard lucked out."

DSCN0154_zpsaa21d5c3.jpg

[Ellaria, I see you aren't ordering. If you funds are a little low, I wouldn't mind buying a drink for the lovely lady. I've got about 30 gold to spare, if you'd like it.]

"[How gentlemanly of you, dear Russel. I am indeed low on funds, with no desire to spend it on drinks. But if you want to offer me one, I wouldn't mind taking a mead...]"

Ellaria gives the crab a quick smooch on the shell as a thanks.

DSCN0157.jpg

[Yes, Everyman, that's the name. He swept into town a few weeks ago with an Orc and brutish looking man. They seemed in a bit of a rush, wanted to get to the High Kingdoms, I think. The man and Orc continued on to Loush to try to contract a ship from there, but Johnny stayed here. I think the Orc may have met with Lord Chauncey while he was in town to. They had some shared interests. If you ask me, he convinced the good Lord to hire Johnny Everyman. I certainly don't think he was Jules' choice, at least.]

DSCN0154_zpsaa21d5c3.jpg

[i'm always willing to pay for a pretty young lady's drink. Wouldn't be much of a crab if I didn't do that!]

Russel tosses the gold on the counter, and Ellaria gets a big frothing mug of mead.

"[To your health, Sir Russel!]" Ellaria raises her mug and takes a sip. A look of surprise spreads to her face.

"Oh, it's strong! ...Tehehe!"

She takes another sip - this time a longer one - and her face goes red as a cherry.