ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

Recommended Posts

On 10/21/2016 at 7:11 PM, redtrooper27 said:

Just saw this: http://brickset.com/article/24086/41150-moana-on-the-high-seas-revealed! On brickset. Might mean we at least get some islander pieces? :)

I thought the same thing as well when I saw the set... the only things I could make out from that set which were special were the minifigs and the sail, but they're not useful to my theme. Moana appears to be holding some kind of printed tile, maybe a map, but I suspect it'll be based around something in the movie. The 'palm trees' seem to be basic columns, which I'd never use for palm trees.

There is also Moana's Island Adventure, so I'll wait to see if that has anything to offer. (the brickset article seems to suggest leaked images are available, but I can't seem to find them)

Edited by David Thomsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 1:11 AM, redtrooper27 said:

Just saw this: http://brickset.com/article/24086/41150-moana-on-the-high-seas-revealed! On brickset. Might mean we at least get some islander pieces? :)

I saw this too.  I think there is some good potential to add to my islanders bricks. 

I recommend not posting that image on here.  It looks like a cropped image of a catalog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Phred said:

I saw this too.  I think there is some good potential to add to my islanders bricks. 

I recommend not posting that image on here.  It looks like a cropped image of a catalog. 

It's actually from the December 2016 LEGO Store Calendar, so nothing confidential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

It's actually from the December 2016 LEGO Store Calendar, so nothing confidential.

Good to know, thanks Aanchir. :pir-classic: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just2good has done a review of the Moana Ocean Voyage, and I think there are a couple of things that might be of interest to Islander fans, in particular some of the stickers that the boat uses, if you like stickers. Very Islander-y patterns. Also has a cool Pineapple piece I haven't seen before. Lots of foliage too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

just2good has done a review of the Moana Ocean Voyage, and I think there are a couple of things that might be of interest to Islander fans, in particular some of the stickers that the boat uses, if you like stickers. Very Islander-y patterns. Also has a cool Pineapple piece I haven't seen before. Lots of foliage too.

The Pineapple has been in three Friends sets, starting with Heartlake Juice Bar. I hadn't really thought about parts like that in terms of their Pirates applications but it's good of you to bring that up! The catamaran is also generally a nice build for Polynesian island settings even if its parts are not extraordinarily rare. And that set has a new sea map that might have some versatility?

In terms of other 2017 sets with parts that could be useful in Pirates contexts, the Creator Beachside Vacation has a nice generic hammock which could be useful for naval vessels. The new Ninjago sets don't have anything quite as piratey as Destiny's Bounty or Tiger Widow Island, but Destiny's Shadow has canoes in Olive Green for the first time. And the Star Wars Battle of Scarif set has the "finger leaf" piece making its debut in the same color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the outrageous price of CMF thespians, I've been trying to find a cheapish way to build riflemen. I think I've come up with something I'm happy with.

33690529891_bbde05f6f3_z.jpg

I've used the Frodo torso from the Lord of the Rings line. The torso is a bit light for British Rifles, but other nations had varying colors. Below is a plate of some American riflemen from the War of 1812. Considering redcoats aren't strictly British, and Lego uniforms are largely brighter and lighter than their real life counterparts, I'm happy with the color. The torso is fleshy, but I don't think it looks bad in person. Plus sides: the suspenders look good with the backpack and the part that made up Frodo's pants look like a rifleman's belt and cartridge box. 

18123.jpg

I plan to buy a Russian soldier torso from the Indiana Jones line (which is also sand green) and use it with epaulettes, white legs, and a scarf to cover up the collars to make an officer.

973pb0468c01.jpg

Edited by 2maxwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 8:32 PM, 2maxwell said:

Considering the outrageous price of CMF thespians, I've been trying to find a cheapish way to build riflemen. I think I've come up with something I'm happy with.

33690529891_bbde05f6f3_z.jpg

I've used the Frodo torso from the Lord of the Rings line. The torso is a bit light for British Rifles, but other nations had varying colors. Below is a plate of some American riflemen from the War of 1812. Considering redcoats aren't strictly British, and Lego uniforms are largely brighter and lighter than their real life counterparts, I'm happy with the color. The torso is fleshy, but I don't think it looks bad in person. Plus sides: the suspenders look good with the backpack and the part that made up Frodo's pants look like a rifleman's belt and cartridge box. 

18123.jpg

I plan to buy a Russian soldier torso from the Indiana Jones line (which is also sand green) and use it with epaulettes, white legs, and a scarf to cover up the collars to make an officer.

973pb0468c01.jpg

The outrageous price will go down since the Thespian's torsoes are now il all the LEGO Stores across the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CMF S17 Highwayman seems to be super useful for pirates fans

@David Thomsen DO NOT open this tab. There is a picture of the guy there :laugh:

Spoiler

17881098_207754299713426_8496930214826213376_n.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 2:43 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The outrageous price will go down since the Thespian's torsoes are now il all the LEGO Stores across the world.

Wow, I didn't realize that was happening. That's very good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 April 2017 at 7:05 PM, Robert8 said:

The CMF S17 Highwayman seems to be super useful for pirates fans

@David Thomsen DO NOT open this tab. There is a picture of the guy there :laugh:

  Reveal hidden contents

17881098_207754299713426_8496930214826213376_n.jpg

 

Thanks for hiding, I look forward to seeing it for the first time in my hand :pir-grin:

A couple of other torsos from the series might also be useful, like the striped Frenchman top could be used for a pirate, and the gourmet chef's top could be used for an army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/4/2017 at 5:40 AM, 2maxwell said:

Wow, I didn't realize that was happening. That's very good news.

IF you have a store nearby. Until then, overpriced torsos will still be lurking at BL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

IF you have a store nearby. Until then, overpriced torsos will still be lurking at BL

If they are in the stores it is only a matter of time until they become easily available on BL, check the prices for the musketeer torso for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Legostone said:

If they are in the stores it is only a matter of time until they become easily available on BL, check the prices for the musketeer torso for example

Indeed :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Ideas set, Old Fishing store, has a few pirate parts, namely the wheel and anchor. All the sand green 1x2s and reddish brown parts look useful too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new big cats from the Jungle theme as well as the new Machetes seem to be useful. 
60159-1.png

Official price is currently 29.99€/39.99$, but it can already be had for 20€. The other ones are sadly only available in much more expensive sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LS, that's the set I am definitely buying asap! Jungles must be populated at once :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2017 at 10:21 PM, blackdeathgr said:

LS, that's the set I am definitely buying asap! Jungles must be populated at once :wink:

Harr harr! I already got a copy for 20€ ! Now I will be the first one to use the panther in a pirate moc! 

The new spider is also really enjoyable. It's great that the legs are bent downwards so it looks like it was crawling. Much more terrifying than the old one. On the other hand it's always sad when a classic piece fades away. Like the old crocodile. 

Now I'm looking forward to by the venus flytrap on BL. Sadly it only comes in the expensive sets. But I can definitely recommend the panther set if you can fet it for 20 doubloons laddeys.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Harr harr! I already got a copy for 20€ ! Now I will be the first one to use the panther in a pirate moc! 

The new spider is also really enjoyable. It's great that the legs are bent downwards so it looks like it was crawling. Much more terrifying than the old one. On the other hand it's always sad when a classic piece fades away. Like the old crocodile. 

Now I'm looking forward to by the venus flytrap on BL. Sadly it only comes in the expensive sets. But I can definitely recommend the panther set if you can fet it for 20 doubloons laddeys.

5
 

I also already picked one up, but I'm a bit short on time atm, so go ahead :D

ly2m82j0992z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

Brickset have pics of the new Destiny's Bounty ship from the Ninjago movie up on their site:

Looks fantastic. Will def be picking up one of these for an eastern pirates faction :)

You and me both!!! PotC at worlds end!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a couple of this girl's torso on Bricks & Pieces, thinking it might make for a nice female crew mate:

znwrpc.jpg

It's from the Fun at the Beach set.  Had to call in the order on B&P as this is listed as "Out of stock," but they didn't give me any issues over the phone.  Element number 6192807.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, x105Black said:

I ordered a couple of this girl's torso on Bricks & Pieces, thinking it might make for a nice female crew mate:

It's from the Fun at the Beach set.  Had to call in the order on B&P as this is listed as "Out of stock," but they didn't give me any issues over the phone.  Element number 6192807.

Good eye! I could definitely see that used on a pirate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.