ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

5 hours ago, zinnn said:

Also, I can't believe how expensive is the Seagul piece :( I really hope they will make more sets with it, to drive the price down

Notice how they didn't add one in Sailboat Adventure set, though original submission had one.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, Captain_SoyBeard said:

There are some parts of interest in the Ninjago The Island Subtheme if you want to create some Islanders.

Shield:
2586pb009.jpg

Shaman mask:
69565pb01.jpg

Chieftain hat:

69576pb01.png
Hair:
6129476.jpg

A sail:
73481.png

You can also get a black quiver and bow. And then get canoes from the Lego Friends 21319.

The problem is that I can't find the shield and shaman mask at Lego bricks and pieces. Do I have to buy the sets to get the pieces or spend the big bucks on bricklink to get them?

Any good torsos and legs that would go well with the Islanders? I would prefer in yellow like the original Islanders. Any good hairs?

Oh yes these are really good. Some of shields i got on several Bricklinkorders last week. I also want the mask and the hat. The Sail...maybe. I have some ideas in my head for a big Islander Villageship/"Azure Coalition" Ship.*1

*1 The Azure Coalition is a Coalition of Islanders, Pirates, Seapeople and some other against Imperial Armada type of Fraction i had in my mind for a Roleplay i want wo make. (with my Brother and his Son)

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

Cool! Do you guys have any suggestions on minifig parts to buy on Bricks and Pieces that could be good islanders? I would prefer B&P but otherwise Bricklinks work I guess. Do you have any torsos lined up? I prefer my islanders to be yellow like the original and as Lego figures should be.

I'm sure you've seen the Island Warrior minifigure already?

250px-IslandWarriorS11.jpg

LEGO Minifig Series 11 - Island Warrior - No Mask.jpg

The Shipwreck Survivor from series 21 is also pretty good:

col376.jpg

as well as Tomahawk Warrior (series 10):

col149.jpg?1

and Bolobo from Ninjago set 71735:

njo638.png

Also add the "Tarzan" guy with the black monkey from the minifig series, the vintage weightlifting guy with the animal hide as clothes (again from past minifig series), some older ninjago "enemies" from their jungle adventures (the ones the bad guys wore skeletal snake heads used as helmets) etc etc.

Just browse through the past minifig series and you will certainly find interesting parts for your islanders! I can't help but state though that the original islanders trample the new versions anytime!!! :pir-laugh:

16 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

I can't help but state though that the original islanders trample the new versions anytime!!! :pir-laugh:

That's true indeed! However I have to do with what is and those shields is the best option available.

@zinnn Those are some fine figs you've linked to, thanks a lot! I would prefer torsos and legs from outside CMF and Ninjago so that they are available on bricks and pieces. I will see what's available.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:28 AM, zinnn said:

Also, I can't believe how expensive is the Seagul piece :( I really hope they will make more sets with it, to drive the price down

Possibly quite the reverse. This StoneWars article says that they're going to retire the piece this year.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/eol-steine-teile-2021-d2c/

Will it be the next goat? Or will they bring it back again?

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Possibly quite the reverse. This StoneWars article says that they're going to retire the piece this year.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/eol-steine-teile-2021-d2c/

Will it be the next goat? Or will they bring it back again?

OMG several pieces from Barracuda Bay are also on the list :pir-cry_sad:   I should buy some of the prefab pieces until end of 2021... and the green torsos and....

2 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

OMG several pieces from Barracuda Bay are also on the list :pir-cry_sad:   I should buy some of the prefab pieces until end of 2021... and the green torsos and....

Not sure what it's like in Germany, but the seagull says out of stock in the US. :pirate-sad

42 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Not sure what it's like in Germany, but the seagull says out of stock in the US. :pirate-sad

In Germany its the same (out of stock)

Oh good.. prefab pieces are in stock :pir-love:

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

17 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

16 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

In Germany its the same (out of stock)

It must be out of stock everywhere, cause they're gone in my country too.

UK as well - ok, that's it, I'm ordering them on Bricklink :pir-oh3: I really love that piece, they will go great with my PoBB set up

Is it a known issue that pearl gold pieces tend to look different? I got some bits for my pirate treasure chest, and each item (sold as Pearl Gold) has different colour:

yGlbj2R.jpg

While the lil statue and the lamp look like proper 'pearl gold' pieces, the frog is very shiny (statue and lamp are quite matte), and the key looks more pearl than gold - it's super light in colour.

1 hour ago, zinnn said:

Is it a known issue that pearl gold pieces tend to look different? I got some bits for my pirate treasure chest, and each item (sold as Pearl Gold) has different colour:

yGlbj2R.jpg

While the lil statue and the lamp look like proper 'pearl gold' pieces, the frog is very shiny (statue and lamp are quite matte), and the key looks more pearl than gold - it's super light in colour.

The key appears to be Pearl Light Gold, and the frog could be Flat Dark Gold or Reddish Gold. Metallic Gold isn't easy to mistake.

5 hours ago, zinnn said:

Especially my sets from 2018-2019 seem to have multiple variants of pearl gold, seems to be a period where LEGO changed the color a bit from more olive-greenish to more orange-ish, was very noticlable when Nexo Knight 2018 wave used a lot of gold tiles, and then 2019 Ninjago Legacy's gold looking very different, also seems to vary from person to person in the case of nexo knights so maybe varied per factory when the switch was made.

Most 1x2 Tiles also had a very noticeable V shaped mould mark on them, with glitters in it.

Renders/Box Art of the 2018 Nexo sets also used the newer color.

Found some posts from 2018/2019 that indicate the same thing happened around 2-3 years ago.

Not my pictures but did a search , and found these that should illustrate what I mean with the color change

Bt2XW.jpg Top being "old" , bottom being newer.

schpjyvaszr2.jpeg Left "old" , right "newer"

Edited by TeriXeri

Are there any good hairs for Islanders in recent sets? Both mail and female would be appreciated.

I got some long black hair and the warrior Pony tail. But are there any available hairs that are reminiscent of the original Islander hairs?

e: I found this head that still is available on bricks & pieces and that would do nicely on a Islander warrior. What do you think?

6296324.jpg

Edited by Captain_SoyBeard

On 11/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, eldiano said:

Currently Looking at the Disney Encanto Caribbean themed sets like 😍😍

Aye, at first I glance I knew that 43202 could be perfect as a building in Havana.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jack Sassy said:

Aye, at first I glance I knew that 43202 could be perfect as a building in Havana.

That’s exactly what came to mind i kind love the roof tile and work done it and it screams Cuba to me too!

On 8/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, Jack Sassy said:

It must be out of stock everywhere, cause they're gone in my country too.

I wonder if the seagulls will remain for the time being? It looks like they are in the Venetian Houses set from the Bricklink Designer Program?

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215680/Venetian-Houses

Let’s hope for more seagulls!! Would fit perfectly with some pirate sets.

Anyone tried to use the Waterfall playset from the Monkie kid sets?  I’m interested in upgrading my pirate hideout!

23 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Great for colonial / frontier women

That reminds me, we need more of the 18th century high society represented in Lego form. 

Is this new backpack on minifigs in 2022 polybag.

30588-1.jpg?202112020941

Edited by chofus

3 hours ago, chofus said:

Is this new backpack on minifigs in 2022 polybag.

I got excited thinking that was a 3741 in the set - it's not :pir-grin:

Doesn't look like the inventory for 30588 is on BnP yet, but that does look like an imperial soldier backpack...

Spoiler

sorting-bags.jpg