ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

There are also red lamp posts in one of the HP sets, the Hogwarts Express:

2039.png

And here's the Bricklink page.

Mr Tiber

The white one is in the Café Corner, an exclusive set from TLC, I own it and it contains some great pieces.

10182_cafe_corner.jpg

There it is.

The white one is in the Café Corner, an exclusive set from TLC, I own it and it contains some great pieces.

Indeed, as well as 6242 Soldier's Fort and various others.

I think the Belville baby bib works very well as a ruff:

bb88b.jpg

rembrandt.jpg

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Bellville (or scala,... whatever I don't know all those names :pir-tongue: ) also has some usefull food-items, turkey, sausages etc.

There are also some flowers/butterflies/ladybugs to put on flower stems to get a little variation from the regular system-flowers+ there are vases (ok, not very piratey, but usefull for landscaping and detailing :pir-wink:).

From the ninja-line, the fishes are also good parts to use in pirate mocs (unfortunately I don't have any fish :pir-sad:).

And there are various castle-minifigs (also harry potter and various other themes) that would be suited to be pirates/civilians.

Indeed, as well as 6242 Soldier's Fort and various others.

I think the Belville baby bib works very well as a ruff:

bb88b.jpg

rembrandt.jpg

Hey, I know that painting. :pir-blush:

Some people in the Netherlands learn about the human body.

Hmm. I though those jesuits giving a sevace to a dead catholosist soldier.

They are Netherlands scientists in the golden age, 1579-1672. There are a lot of paintings from that time. :pir-blush:

Yes, that mask appeared in some of the 4+ pirate sets but I've seen it used in SYSTEM scaled Pirate MOCs and I think it works quite well.

Now there's an ornate arch used in some Belville sets that I can't find a picture of on Peeron, but I own a couple. I haven't found a use for them yet but they would be good for something noble like a Governor or Baron's house.

30613 Arch 3 x 6 x 5

30613.jpg

2145 Arch 2 x 6 x 5

2145.png

Only 2 of the latter are for sale in white :pir-cry_sad:

Belville Flower Stem

44512.1067282686.jpg

Scala Support

6835c00.1148851317.jpg

Only 2 of the latter are for sale in white

Maybe that's because you set Bricklink to US only? Bricklink has about 25 of each kind (interesting, I never knew there was a 3 wide version, I have a number of those in 2 wide in yellow, white and red - red is from the Mickey Mouse sets)

Maybe that's because you set Bricklink to US only? Bricklink has about 25 of each kind (interesting, I never knew there was a 3 wide version, I have a number of those in 2 wide in yellow, white and red - red is from the Mickey Mouse sets)

I might've set up my Bricklink account to show only people that'll ship to me :-p but anyway... I didn't know there was two different versions either until I saw a house that the Souther California Lego Train Club had put together that was at the MRR museum in Balboa Park, San Diego.

I had seen both of them used there, and it took me a few hours to find it, because I had no idea what to look for. That's how I found out about them :pir-tongue:

I saw the rendition of The Anatomy Lesson of Doctor Van Tulp and immediately recognized it as a Rembrandt. Kudos to whoever made the MOC. Also, I was recently on Pick-A-Brick at the Lego website and saw they have the lamp posts that were being discussed for $0.25USD a piece.

A new sabre mold will appear in Ninjago, it's bigger and has a serrated blade.

Pirate bandana will appear in black.

A Ninjago ser will be an island with palms and sky pirates.

New sabre mold is very interesting.

Okay I read the Ninjago 2016 discussion, how useful could the sky pirate minifigures be... If I remember correctly the sky ship is piloted by a snake? however the island description sounds okay... Worth buying for the parts...

I would probably pick something from this line up as I quite liked the take on the pirate flag, but that's it.. Probably I don't think I need sky pirates, do any of the boats have real sails or is everything all jet and air balloon powered?

Edited by BrickOn

Okay I read the Ninjago 2016 discussion, how useful could the sky pirate minifigures be... If I remember correctly the sky ship is piloted by a snake? however the island description sounds okay... Worth buying for the parts...

I would probably pick something from this line up as I quite liked the take on the pirate flag, but that's it.. Probably I don't think I need sky pirates, do any of the boats have real sails or is everything all jet and air balloon powered?

No sails, sorry.

Merged these topics, since they were talking about the same thing.

It was not easy for me to find this topic, so I'm not surprised you didn't add to it. I (or a regulator) will add this topic to our list of Longstanding Topics.

I'm glad to see TLG at least continue to create Pirate elements, even if they're made for a sci-fi ninja theme. :wacko:

Oooo this is an interesting topic, and full of pieces I have, I need to be more inventive with my MOCing.

I am actually quite interested in the new ninjago theme... I don't have Ninja interest but some of the parts sound like they could make good pirate substitutes.

I got that Kai drifter polybag set the other day, which I just tossed aside (I intended to sell it later or something) but then I ended up opening it and I was quite pleased with the black stud shooter which quickly became mini cannons, not too bad!

This topic seems to have mostly died, but in case anybody's still interested, this Ninjago key visual on the official LEGO Ninjago Facebook page reveals some of the sets and minifigures. There are two new swords and they both have skull motifs molded into the hilt guard. The monkey torso is also now appearing in grey, so monkeys don't all have to be brown anymore! Also, earth green epaulettes!

The sky pirate vehicles are a lot more steampunk-ish than would really fit in the Pirates theme, but they do make extensive use of piratey parts like anchors, bottles, ship's wheels, etc. And of more basic parts in various earth tones.

The sky pirate vehicles are a lot more steampunk-ish than would really fit in the Pirates theme, but they do make extensive use of piratey parts like anchors, bottles, ship's wheels, etc. And of more basic parts in various earth tones.

Thank you for sharing Aanchir. You are correct. I am happy to see Lego continue to create the elements. It looks like they're also going to be made a colors not seen in the Pirate Theme.

Hopefully we can use some of ninjago pirate figs, intact as they are but i doubt it since orange is a tricky color...

That or we can all start building ninja pirate stuff!!

Here are some photos that show one of next year's Ninjago sky pirates, Sqiffy: Front / Back.

With the orange metal plating on his left shoulder and leg he's definitely more steampunk-ish than a typical LEGO Pirates fig. But the face definitely seems like it could work fine in any LEGO Pirates display that uses figs from the past decade or so (with eye sparkle and detailed exp<b></b>ressions).

EDIT: Just realized his face is just the same face from some of this year's Pirates figs. My bad. So I guess the torso, legs, and bandanna are all there is to discuss about these particular pics.

Edited by Aanchir

The monkey torso is also now appearing in grey, so monkeys don't all have to be brown anymore!

It looks silver to me, not grey pirate_sceptic.gif

If it is grey then it is good, silver is useless to me...

It also seem to have different colour on the front legs, 1 orange and 1 Silver/grey looks unnatural pirate_pirate_angry.gif

Thanks to a very generous discount on my local store, I could easily stock up on some 41015 Dolphin Cruisers just in case I need the white prefab hull's for MOCing in the future. I have noticed the brickprice is very low on BL, even when NEW. But given the fact that the DC has been out there on the shelf since 2013, that makes sense. Maybe they will get more expensive when it goes out of line. I'm planning to snag some of those before the price rises.

The orange "steampunk-ish pirate" looks OK to me. There is potential for some really rugged, dirty and bastardy gang of outlaws, hiding in the jungle, waiting patiently to ambush the bluecoats. Seems like they would suit well on board the Red Beard Runner.

In case anyone's interested, listings on Amazon.fr for the Ninjago sets were just added yesterday. Hoth Bricks has all the pics as well as links to all the listings.

Here's a quick list of what I think might be interesting to Pirates builders:

• The "Djinn Blades" with elemental blades and ninja icons on 1x1 round tiles might not be that usable as swords in the Pirates theme. But the hilts with skull molding could be interesting detail pieces—perhaps they could be used for some macabre furniture for an evil pirate captain's cabin?
  • There are new cutlass pieces with jagged blades and skull molding on the hilts, as well. Those could be more useful for pirates builders, and seem to come in White and Titanium Metallic (Pearl Dark Gray on Bricklink).
  • There are large tattered pirate flags (probably plastic film as opposed to cloth), but no sails, unfortunately for ship builders.
  • Another probable bummer for traditional Pirates builders—the monkey seems to be Silver Metallic rather than Dark Stone Grey (Dark Bluish Gray). It might still be usable, though—maybe it could be a rare silver monkey statue, especially if you swapped the arms and legs to silver as well.
  • The palm tree in Tiger Widow Island is still a really neat build, even if the parts aren't new. Also, Medium Nougat (Medium Dark Flesh) minifig heads as coconuts!
  • Earth Blue (Dark Blue) Captain's Hat in Misfortune's Keep, in addition to the Earth Green (Dark Green) bandannas and epaulets on some of the figs.
  • Finally, plenty of old-but-useful Pirates elements like anchors, muskets, blunderbusses, and cannons, along with all sorts of basic bricks, wedges, and slopes in colors like Dark Orange, Reddish Brown, Dark Brown, Silver Metallic, and Black.

In case anyone's interested, listings on Amazon.fr for the Ninjago sets were just added yesterday. Hoth Bricks has all the pics as well as links to all the listings.

Here's a quick list of what I think might be interesting to Pirates builders:

• The "Djinn Blades" with elemental blades and ninja icons on 1x1 round tiles might not be that usable as swords in the Pirates theme. But the hilts with skull molding could be interesting detail pieces—perhaps they could be used for some macabre furniture for an evil pirate captain's cabin?
  • There are new cutlass pieces with jagged blades and skull molding on the hilts, as well. Those could be more useful for pirates builders, and seem to come in White and Titanium Metallic (Pearl Dark Gray on Bricklink).
  • There are large tattered pirate flags (probably plastic film as opposed to cloth), but no sails, unfortunately for ship builders.
  • Another probable bummer for traditional Pirates builders—the monkey seems to be Silver Metallic rather than Dark Stone Grey (Dark Bluish Gray). It might still be usable, though—maybe it could be a rare silver monkey statue, especially if you swapped the arms and legs to silver as well.
  • The palm tree in Tiger Widow Island is still a really neat build, even if the parts aren't new. Also, Medium Nougat (Medium Dark Flesh) minifig heads as coconuts!
  • Earth Blue (Dark Blue) Captain's Hat in Misfortune's Keep, in addition to the Earth Green (Dark Green) bandannas and epaulets on some of the figs.
  • Finally, plenty of old-but-useful Pirates elements like anchors, muskets, blunderbusses, and cannons, along with all sorts of basic bricks, wedges, and slopes in colors like Dark Orange, Reddish Brown, Dark Brown, Silver Metallic, and Black.

Pity, i was expecting more pirate-useful items from this theme. Anyway, the entry set has nice parts and nice colours.

Hey all. In case you were interested in seeing more detailed views of the new sword elements from Ninjago, Brothers Brick has good pics of them on their Flickr. Here's the new cutlass, and here's the hilt to the "Djinn Blade".