ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

15 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

No idea what set it's from but it's very piratical.

Looked it up and it's the utility worker from City 60374: Fire Command Truck

cty1547.png

Edited by TeriXeri

On 4/20/2023 at 12:06 PM, brickbride said:

Ninjago is set to have another ship, 71797, Destiny`s Bounty Race Against Time. No pic so far, but according to Promobricks the ship is red and black with azure details (including a dragonhead prow) and the sails are dark red. About 1.700 pieces, EUR 140.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, brickbride said:

First picture courtesy of StoneWars: LEGO-Ninjago-Secret-World-of-the-Ninja-V

Though the dragonhead prow, which according to Promobricks should be there, is missing.

Also, presumably there's a way to make the ship look more like one piece.

Quoting myself again because now there's a pic of the set available from JB Spielwaren: https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/en/lego-71797-destiny-s-bounty-race-against-time/a-71797/

Something must have got lost in translation during the initial Promobricks description. There is a dragon prow - actually it's the new Ninjago baby dragon - and there also is an azure dragon, but those are not the same thing.

32 minutes ago, brickbride said:

Quoting myself again because now there's a pic of the set available from JB Spielwaren: https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/en/lego-71797-destiny-s-bounty-race-against-time/a-71797/

Something must have got lost in translation during the initial Promobricks description. There is a dragon prow - actually it's the new Ninjago baby dragon - and there also is an azure dragon, but those are not the same thing.

The azure Dragon is used as prow and turret as well , the front deck is quite hollow as a result however when the dragon is not there.

The overall shape of the front seems to suggest it could slide back to form a shorter ship / close the gap, but there doesn't seem to be such an official function, but could be some interesting Mod to make it a shorter ship overall without the narrow "waist" part in the middle.

71797_alt2.jpg71797_alt6.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Yeah, his new Destiny's Bounty definitely doesn't seem as useful for Pirates builds as previous versions — the shape and color of the hull feel much more modern/futuristic, whereas many previous versions were more obviously an old wooden sailing ship retrofitted with rocket engines for flight.

There are some parts in the new Ninjago sets that could be individually useful for pirate/nautical builds, though, like Arin's whip-like grappling hook piece (visible in one of the pics TeriXeri shared above).

I'm no expert in Ninjago lore, but I think the Desinty's Bounty was originally a pirate ship complete with a crew of more traditional looking pirates, years before Ninjago. Every time they do another version I keep hoping they're doing that one. :pir-grin:

Edited by TalonCard

On 5/9/2023 at 9:54 PM, TeriXeri said:

Looked it up and it's the utility worker from City 60374: Fire Command Truck

cty1547.png

I wouldn't be surprised if that head turns up in the Eldorado Fortress set.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:16 PM, General Magma said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that head turns up in the Eldorado Fortress set.

I completely agree with you, this mustache and goatee seem really outdated for a city timeline.

11 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

I completely agree with you, this mustache and goatee seem really outdated for a city timeline.

The one thing here that makes me wonder is the fact that it's double sided, so if it is indeed in the set, then perhaps the figure using it will have a hat with hairpiece attached to it.
The head seems to be a good fit for the governor, what with the moustache and stubble.

Recently LEGO uploaded a single picture of the Super Mario set 71422, and while most of its parts seem unremarkable, it does appear to include the first appearance of the rowboat piece in Dark Brown. Hopefully it will also appear in other sets (perhaps even the rumored imperial fort)!

10 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Recently LEGO uploaded a single picture of the Super Mario set 71422, and while most of its parts seem unremarkable, it does appear to include the first appearance of the rowboat piece in Dark Brown. Hopefully it will also appear in other sets (perhaps even the rumored imperial fort)!

Oh yeah, that's nice! Hope it will be available at PAB soon.

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

rowboat piece in Dark Brown.

That would be rather useful for me as I am looking for a darker rowboat piece (black being far too dark, dark brown seems to be just the right amount of dark). Would be lovely to see this piece in dark brown in the future. :pir-thumb:

There is a new City set based on the 2k Drive game that has two monster trucks facing off, one seems to be based on a luchador, the other is Pirate based. 

There is a tricorne (I think with tan hair), 2x2 pirate flag and one of those curved panel pieces for a sail with two crossed cutlasses. I think it's a sticker, but certainly useful. 

58 minutes ago, Seaber said:

There is a new City set based on the 2k Drive game that has two monster trucks facing off, one seems to be based on a luchador, the other is Pirate based. 

There is a tricorne (I think with tan hair), 2x2 pirate flag and one of those curved panel pieces for a sail with two crossed cutlasses. I think it's a sticker, but certainly useful. 

Hope that dual molded tricorne + hair shows up at PAB :thumbup: (Reminds me of the one from the Disney book. There was also a tricorne + hair. Have to check that as well.)

On 2/20/2023 at 11:25 PM, evancelt said:

Yes! Looking forward to that dual-mold hat hair tricorne

Is this har/hair combo not identical to the lady pirate CMF? I’d love for it to be another version, but I could only find one black tri corn hat on bricklink with pony tail in black on Bricklink. What set is that? Also I know there’s a black tri corn with blonde hair in a monster truck city set, but that’s probably not listed yet.

9 hours ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

Is this har/hair combo not identical to the lady pirate CMF? I’d love for it to be another version, but I could only find one black tri corn hat on bricklink with pony tail in black on Bricklink. What set is that? Also I know there’s a black tri corn with blonde hair in a monster truck city set, but that’s probably not listed yet.

LEGO Disney 43220 you mean?

Yes I think there will be 4 colors of attached hair soon: medium nougat, reddish brown, tan, magenta

2 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Yes I think there will be 4 colors of attached hair soon: medium nougat, reddish brown, tan, magenta

Is any of the pieces at PAB online? I can not find one :blush:

35 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Is any of the pieces at PAB online? I can not find one :blush:

I've only seen them on BrickLink so far unfortunately

I’ve been wanting to make some of the characters from the LEGO Pirate comic that did not appear in any sets to go with the upcoming Eldorado Fortress remake along with some projects I’ve been trying to accumulate parts for. 

It looks like we are getting a light yellow dress with the upcoming Snow White minifigure that would match the character from the comic.  I don’t know of a good match as far as a torso though.  Does anyone know of one that may work?

Edited by Retrocity

18 hours ago, Retrocity said:

I’ve been wanting to make some of the characters from the LEGO Pirate comic that did not appear in any sets to go with the upcoming Eldorado Fortress remake along with some projects I’ve been trying to accumulate parts for. 

It looks like we are getting a light yellow dress with the upcoming Snow White minifigure that would match the character from the comic.  I don’t know of a good match as far as a torso though.  Does anyone know of one that may work? 

can you share a link please?

can we make a rule that every suggestion is this thread should also come with an embedded image? saves everyone's time searching online

37 minutes ago, zinnn said:

can you share a link please?

can we make a rule that every suggestion is this thread should also come with an embedded image? saves everyone's time searching online

It's not officially unveiled, so I don't believe the image can be shared.  It's part of the new Disney Castle and pictures are in the usual places for leaks.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:33 AM, TeriXeri said:

71797_alt2.jpg71797_alt6.jpg

Off topic entirely,  but I completely missed that the dragon is a figurehead that is also a complete seperate construction that can come out to play. That is freaking adorable.

Just an FYI, but I recently purchased 8 of the new black tricornes with dual-mold reddish brown hair from BrickLink and it was much cheaper to just buy the complete Peter Pan Mini Doll figure to get the hat than to buy the hat individually. I think at the moment the Peter Pan Mini Doll is going for $2, which is likely cheaper than the hat will go for individually when it is listed on lego.com PAB.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=dis082