ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

The CMF series 24 will apparently contain a 18th century noblewoman with white makeup and powdered wig and all. There will also be a new falcon mold with another figure (Black Falcon falconer) that could be useful.

14 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

The CMF series 24 will apparently contain a 18th century noblewoman with white makeup and powdered wig and all. There will also be a new falcon mold with another figure (Black Falcon falconer) that could be useful. 

CMF 24 leaked, tbh nothing really strikes me as 'essential' for the Pirates theme, but a few bits and bobs can be re-used for sure:

LEGO-71037-Minifiguren-Serie-24-Zettel-0

Did anyone bought new city advent calendar? I want to see dark red epaulettes on bluecoat soldier, so if someone can PM or post a picture of that (new/old bluecoat or some blue torso with epaulletes). 

Im waiting till they show up on PaB online and buy 150 for my army.

Thanks.

While obviously not Pirates related, I'm stupid excited for the space baby!

The French lady is definitely an interesting fig... I can see her fitting into some scenes that some folks build, but she's not for me. The falcon piece however looks to be a great addition to the birds collection!

39 minutes ago, PxChris said:

The French lady is definitely an interesting fig... I can see her fitting into some scenes that some folks build, but she's not for me. The falcon piece however looks to be a great addition to the birds collection! 

agree. also the slingshot piece from the News boy can be useful for Pirate kids

43 minutes ago, zinnn said:

agree. also the slingshot piece from the News boy can be useful for Pirate kids

The patched trousers from that fig might be good for that, too.

Such a sad state of affairs that we are forced to be content with the scraps from other sets when it comes to Pirates stuff... Especially for Imperials.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:48 PM, chofus said:

Did anyone bought new city advent calendar?

I bought it, but haven't opened just yet, saving for december. :pir-grin:

I can send the picture to ye once I obtain those epaulettes.

I want to buy some cannons from Pick a Brick (and other useful stuff), and I thought to also buy some parts to create a few minifigures to expand my PoBB crew, the low and middle ranks.

I've found these piratic torsos:
MINI UPPER PART, NO. 1440 - ID: 6023600/76382
MINI UPPER PART, NO. 2822 - ID: 6097241/76382
MINI UPPER PART, NO. 5115 - ID: 6301950/76382
MINI UPPER PART, NO. 5296 - ID: 6316914/76382
MINI UPPER PART, NO. 5300 - ID: 6316918/76382

Can you give me some more piratelike torso suggestions?

And some suggestions for hair and headgear?
Besides a red bandana, HAT NO. 30 - ID: 6097192/18927, I'm at a loss of what else to pick.

5 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I want to buy some cannons from Pick a Brick (and other useful stuff), and I thought to also buy some parts to create a few minifigures to expand my PoBB crew, the low and middle ranks. 

I'm afraid you won't find many good Pirate-friendly torsos on PoB. I'd rather look for them on Bricklink; same with headgear - also take a look here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/186670-headgear-hats-helmets-that-go-with-the-pirates-theme/

On 11/26/2022 at 11:09 PM, zinnn said:

I'm afraid you won't find many good Pirate-friendly torsos on PoB. I'd rather look for them on Bricklink; same with headgear - also take a look here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/186670-headgear-hats-helmets-that-go-with-the-pirates-theme/

Thank you! :pir-thumb:

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The Dried Flower Centrepiece that just leaked includes epaulettes in orange, which may have some use in Pirates MOCs. 

The wild flower one has a lot of pirate hats so great parts usage, however the colors may be a bit to much for most pirate mocs :tongue:
It also has several palm leaves :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The wild flower one has a lot of pirate hats so great parts usage, however the colors may be a bit to much for most pirate mocs :tongue:

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The Dried Flower Centrepiece that just leaked includes epaulettes in orange, which may have some use in Pirates MOCs.

worth linking images here for others to see, also saves everyone time searching for those photos

lego-botanical-collection-2023-first-loo

lego-botanical-collection-2023-first-loo

I am so. freaking. excited. about the new bicorn colors. We have been waaaaaaaaay overdue for a new color on those hats, and I love them so much. Would have preferred a straight blue or red, but I will 100% buy this just for the hats. Amazing.

14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Aye, the old style palm leaves which have been absent for quite some time.

23 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Aye, the old style palm leaves which have been absent for quite some time.

They haven't really been absent—they've appeared in themes like Super Mario, Friends, and Jurassic World for several years now. These look to maybe be Earth Green though, which would be a brand-new color for them!

That purple pirate hat, combined with the orange epaulettes and this figure's teal torso from Ninjago might look very nice together... it would be very Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

njo636.png

Maybe Sgt. Pepper defected to the pirate (radio) side of life? Or maybe the LSD finally got to him?

Of course, now I think I may just have to MOC that out now... a pirate radio ship!

Edited by Murdoch17

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

They haven't really been absent—they've appeared in themes like Super Mario, Friends, and Jurassic World for several years now.

Well, absent from Pirate sets at least - I don't pay attention to other themes. :pir-grin:

Pirate sets post 2010 have only used this style of palm...

image.png

I hope for a GWP next year made like a updated saber island 6265 set. Castle got one, and Space is getting one soon i think this would be perfect for a Pirates one :pir-sweet:

6265-1.jpg

I don't know if it means anything, but there was a Blacktron astronaut in one of the recent employee Christmas gifts a few years back, so they probably didn't have to go too far back to remake the minifigure for this promo. There was a blue shirt "Rummy" pirate in that set too...

On 12/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I'm soooooo daft... it took me longer than it should have to find those!

image.png

The Sand Yellow (Dark Tan) crown/eggshell pieces in that set could also be very useful for palm tree trunks! To say nothing of all the other good foliage pieces that set offers in substantial quantities.

The Wildflower Bouquet set also has the same crown/eggshell piece in some shade of green, which would make good bromeliad leaves in a minifig-scale tropical setting!