ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

Have the light bluish gray dual-molded boot legs from the CMF 22 raccoon been mentioned yet? I think they will work well for imperials https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb0411&idColor=86&name=Light Bluish Gray Hips and Legs with Black Boots Pattern&category=[Minifigure, Legs, Decorated]#T=C&C=86

37 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Have the light bluish gray dual-molded boot legs from the CMF 22 raccoon been mentioned yet? I think they will work well for imperials https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb0411&idColor=86&name=Light Bluish Gray Hips and Legs with Black Boots Pattern&category=[Minifigure, Legs, Decorated]#T=C&C=86

These will be very good for Napoleonic soldiers!

On 1/22/2022 at 7:10 AM, Captain_SoyBeard said:

The 41702 Canal Houseboat has some nice hull pieces in Medium Nougat colour. I think I will get those for a ship!

If need a larger hull those originate from last year's 71391 Bowser's Airship, which has both the lower hull sections used in the Houseboat set as well as two of the upper hull segments that can be used to increase the height of the hull.

11 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

Used the new Boutique Hotel porter torso to make a 95th rifles officer.

Cool! Mine are coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm thinking I may couple them with dual-molded boot pants.

15 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

51845213341_1c31299e2d_z.jpg

Used the new Boutique Hotel porter torso to make a 95th rifles officer.

Which nation would that torso work for? I've been wanting to get some of these, I just need a reason haha 

1 hour ago, azog said:

Which nation would that torso work for? I've been wanting to get some of these, I just need a reason haha 

They'd work as British rifles like I use here or any hussars. Russians (light and line) and Prussian light infantry wore green jackets, but usually as double breasted jackets rather than this style.

9 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

The Demolition Stunt Bike (60297) has a minifigure with a head that would do very well as a pirate head. Just look at him!
6339079.jpg

Totally! Good find

Has anyone here tried using Friends' Phoebe's torso for lady pirate? I feel it could work well - does any of you have it and could test it for me please? Ideally with classic yellow face/hands, not a fleshie

973pb3725c01.png

The new Friends theater is an excellent set to use as Napoleonic era/Revolutionary theater!

Edited by blackdeathgr

19 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

The new Friends theater is an excellent set to use as Napoleonic era/Revolutionary theater!

I believe it could be used as an opera too.

Looks like two new pirate mini figures have showed up in BAM stations.  One is a captain, looks like the chest is a slight recolor of Captain Redbeard's chest from Barracuda Bay and the head looks to possibly be a slight recolor of the captain's head from the creator Pirate Ship.  The other is a female pirate with a slightly recolored chest of Lady Anchor from Barracuda Bay along with a recolored tricorn with hair (looks like it's light brown with reddish brown hair).

Edited by Retrocity

3 hours ago, Retrocity said:

Looks like two new pirate mini figures have showed up in BAM stations.  One is a captain, looks like the chest is a slight recolor of Captain Redbeard's chest from Barracuda Bay and the head looks to possibly be a slight recolor of the captain's head from the creator Pirate Ship.  The other is a female pirate with a slightly recolored chest of Lady Anchor from Barracuda Bay along with a recolored tricorn with hair (looks like it's light brown with reddish brown hair).

Here's a picture from dramaticfringe on Instagram for reference. I think the two torsos are the same from Barracuda Bay along with the one head being from The Brick Bounty in 2015. But I am definitely excited to have the new color for the hat/hair combo! :pir-love:

Screenshot_20220428-170126_Instagram.jpg

Here's the whole photo from that Instagram (purchased at London Lego store) - I think that the torso of the bandit-woman could work ok with pirates too, not? and the bandit-guy has cool boots:

Us6gF5B.jpg

On 1/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, Spud The Viking said:

These will be very good for Napoleonic soldiers!

napoleonic-redcoats.jpg

On 4/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Oh good idea!

Hello everybody!

Let me take you on a journey back to the very late 1990s and beginning 2000s. On the first page of this interesting topic, we already discussed the Adventurers theme for their really cool but rare rowboat, which is larger than the common one we all know. But the theme has even more to give for the pirates theme! Let me mention the wing of the following sets which can bes used as a sail, and three of the Adventurer minifigures which can easily be converted to convenient pirate figures just by changing their headgear. :pir-thumb:

The wing pieces comes in sets 5921 and 6045:

5921-1.jpg6045-1.jpg

The minifigures found useful by me are:

Mr. Cunningham (adv020)
Alexis Sanister (adv002)
Mike (adv014)

You can see the original Adventurer minifigures in the second row of the following image. The first row shows the converted to pirate versions.

dinghy-crew-3.jpg

dinghy-crew-2.jpg

I'm no fan of Disney but I stumbled upon 43202, second hand and purchased it. Recommending it for the spread of parts and price.