ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

Onikari posted a flickr album of a new Ninjago battle pack in the Ninjago topic, and I thought I'd share it here. I realized looking at it that the "sky pirate foot soldiers" in this pack might work very well as crew members in a more traditional pirate layout, since they don't have any of the steampunk-ish orange metal armor that appears on a lot of the other sky pirate minifigures.

We also got high-resolution pictures of the other Ninjago sets in case anybody wants to scour them for useful pirate parts. Personally, I don't see as much Pirates theme fodder in these as in the Skybound sets for the first half of the year. Although three of the summer sets are still Skybound-themed, the characters who wore epaulettes in the first wave wear armor on their shoulders in this one, and the sky pirate vehicles and so forth in 70593 and 70594 do not include as many useful parts for pirate ship building like flags and anchors. 70591 Kryptarium Prison Breakout does have a new pirate hat, face, and map, though the last of these things appears to be a sticker.

Thanks for posting that--I love the new green pirate hat. pirate_laugh2.gif

TC

Some pics of CMF S16 were tracked down with a better look at the Scallywag pirate, I won't link it here but some targetted Googling can track them down. The pictures I've found are of the instruction sheet that comes with the minifigure, not sure if more pictures are out there yet.

His cutlass seems to be the classic mould, but he comes with a new map print, which I will need a few of. He has striped cut-off trousers and a tattoo printed on his right arm, not sure about his left arm. Can't make out much of his new bandanna mould yet.

The other fig that might be of interest is the Arabian Knight figure, who I think might have a torso that could be used for a pirate. Or you could just leave him as an Arabian Pirate.

I'm also giving my Scallywag Pirate the Mariachi's acoustic guitar. Underneath that harsh exterior he's really just loves to serenade the sea.

Edited by David Thomsen

Thanks for posting that--I love the new green pirate hat. pirate_laugh2.gif

TC

I think it's the S4 Sailor hat recolored

41l%2BypLxsSL._SY355_.jpg

I think it's the S4 Sailor hat recolored

It's a great hat. I'd love to see it in other colors without the Ninjago sky pirate logo,

In the classic Pirates I era there doesn't appear to be any civilian figures (except for maybe the merchants).

Any suggestions for torsos and legs to create male / female civilians?

I think the Hobbit torsos are good for civilians of that era, especially the wealthier or middle class ones. For the lower classes, the peasants from the Castle themes should be ok, peasant clothes didnt change much until the industrial revolution.

Edited by Ardelon

I noticed that the Goonies are going to be included in Dimensions, which all but guarantees some pirate related set. A mini Inferno, perhaps?

I noticed that the Goonies are going to be included in Dimensions, which all but guarantees some pirate related set. A mini Inferno, perhaps?

WmUNdTm.png

It does look indeed like a mini Inferno, but probably not one has many useful Pirate parts apart from looking vaguely like a mini pirate ship.

There's a review of the Angry Birds ship now, it doesn't have many Pirate parts, just a weird cartoonish pirate hat, some oars, dynamite, some leaves and possible the sails which some people might be able to use in interesting ways. It does contain a wide variety of brown ship bits, which is useful.

It does look indeed like a mini Inferno, but probably not one has many useful Pirate parts apart from looking vaguely like a mini pirate ship.

The use of this piece attached to 1x1 plates with clips on top for tiny cannons is quite nice!

26017492164_581e3c43e9_z.jpg

Excuse the quality, but I wanted to share Hook's hairpiece on a lady. Works well IMO

That looks perfect! By the way, is that a custom torso? I dont remember seeing that torso in red before.

That looks perfect! By the way, is that a custom torso? I dont remember seeing that torso in red before.

It's from 70411 Treasure Island.

It's from 70411 Treasure Island.

Oh right, thanks, my bad. For some reason, I remembered that torso being black with hints of red instead of the other way around. pirate_look.gif

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but the Mixels Pyrratz sets have lots of pirate accessories. Where else are you going to get a shark with a peg leg, a skull with an eyepatch, a crab that is also a treasure chest, and they all join together to form some kind of sentient pirate ship?

Totally piratey.

I guess this is the best place to mention this: The blue 32x32 baseplate is available on Bricks and Pieces again.

Go to Buy Bricks, search 3811 in the parts area and there it is. Some other interesting colours are available too.

Alternatively, a 48x48 baseplate in blue is available under the ID 4186; it is a bit more expensive then its grey counterpart though.

The new Disney Castle set has a nice Tinkerbell figure--not strictly pirates related, but I love the movie and can't wait to get the figure to go with the Captain Hook and Peter Pan figures I already have. pirate_laugh2.gif Definitely Bricklinking her if she doesn't show up in a more affordable, smaller set, though--that's a lot of money and space to not use on Pirate sets down the road. pir_laugh2.gif

TC

I guess this is the best place to mention this: The blue 32x32 baseplate is available on Bricks and Pieces again.

Go to Buy Bricks, search 3811 in the parts area and there it is. Some other interesting colours are available too.

Alternatively, a 48x48 baseplate in blue is available under the ID 4186; it is a bit more expensive then its grey counterpart though.

This is great news. :excited:

The new price is slightly higher than Bricklink, but the number of base plates I would like may warrant purchasing them through Bricks and Pieces instead.

In this

we can see the S16 Scallywag Pirate in all his glory

Love his new bandana hairpiece

In this

we can see the S16 Scallywag Pirate in all his glory

Love his new bandana hairpiece

He looks perfect, finally after all these series we get a non-captain, non-Disney pirate figure...

Next can we have a pirate woman plz pirate_laugh2.gif

I think you forgot about the S12 Swashbuckler pir_laugh2.gif

I'd expect a Pirate Queen at some point and I'd love a Ghost Pirate, like the one in the Alexandre Boudon designs

Other than those, maybe a minifigure inspired on Sinbad the Sailor

I think you forgot about the S12 Swashbuckler pir_laugh2.gif

Oh right! Yeah I forget about him because he's a different style from the rest of the pirates, less 'yarr!' and more Errol Flynn. I don't put him with my other Pirate crews, whereas this Skallywag fits right in.

He looks perfect, finally after all these series we get a non-captain, non-Disney pirate figure...

Next can we have a pirate woman plz :pir-grin:

Agreed on both counts. A female pirate in the minifigure series would be great.

The new Disney Castle set has a nice Tinkerbell figure--not strictly pirates related, but I love the movie and can't wait to get the figure to go with the Captain Hook and Peter Pan figures I already have. pirate_laugh2.gif Definitely Bricklinking her if she doesn't show up in a more affordable, smaller set, though--that's a lot of money and space to not use on Pirate sets down the road. pir_laugh2.gif

TC

I could also see the parts from the castle maybe being useful to someone building an imperial fortification. Lots of tan and white...

So the LEGO Batman movie trailer has a LEGO Bat-Pirate Ship in the Batcave...any chance we'll see that sometime down the line? With actual sails? pirate_laugh2.gif

TC