Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Hello!

I'm willing to spend $200 on Bricklink (Excluding shipping costs) and am wondering which set should I choose?

1) 6394 Metro Park & Service Tower

2) 10041/6390 Main Street

3) 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager

4) 928 Galaxy Explorer

However, I am open to any other suggestions that are classic-wise sets. Thanks!

Edited by RememberTheLittleGuy

Hi guys!

I have a dilemma, I want both the POP ostrich race and the PQ mummy battle pack

Ostrich Race for sure! The Mummy BP IMO is a waste.

Thanks prateek! I found them both for roughly the same price and I have now made up my mind... I want teh ostriches so much!

I'm gonna use them for orc cavalry! :tongue:

Also the muscley flesh torso will be usefull.

Edited by Scorpiox

So I'm going to the Lego store in San Mateo. Anyone been there? I'm hoping to get 5 of the collectible minifigures, but I'm sure since their on they're last box, there's a chance I won't get what I want (Musketeer/Hazmat/Geisha/Artist/Punk).

Anyone know what's currently discounted?

Considering getting the following if there:

- One of the SW:Clone Wars Battle Packs, not sure which is better (blue or parts?)

- Police Minifig Collection or Police Dog Assignment (both for the dog, but crowbar for the former)

- Golden Staff Guardians or Scarab Attack (for torsos) or Flying Mummy Attack (I like the guns, I don't know if they're in any other set)

- Seabed Striker for the Hammerhead, worth it?

I'd like to keep it under 25 buckaroos, so that limits it to at most two. Not including minifigs.

I maybe want to buy a set, but it's hard to choose :grin:.

I want a technic or creator set from 2009/2010/2011.

The price has to be around 30-60 euro.

What is a good set to choose?

I'll wait until September for this answer:

1. Battle of Naboo (7929)

2. Sith Nightspeeder (7957)

3. Geonosian Starfighter (7959)

I'll wait until September for this answer:

1. Battle of Naboo (7929)

2. Sith Nightspeeder (7957)

3. Geonosian Starfighter (7959)

That really depends on the minifigs, because those are really the only reasons to buy these. Me, I would immediately rule out the Nightspeeder, and the other two depend on minifigs.

That really depends on the minifigs, because those are really the only reasons to buy these. Me, I would immediately rule out the Nightspeeder, and the other two depend on minifigs.

Yah I know. I like the Gungans, Ki-Adi-Mundi & Cody, and Savage Oppress & new Anakin. But thats it.

I am thinking of either a RGS Misb off BL for $250

or

AT-OT & Dropship from the LEGO store for $250

What is the better value for the money? For the LEGO Store I would get $15 back in rewards. Has anyone tried to add a cargo or hanger to the dropship?

The Dropship is obviously bigger, which means better value, but as a set, I'd go with RGS, which is more complete in terms of action and minifigs.

Personally, I would choose the AT-OT & Dropship, for the sole fact that I'm a cheapskate :laugh:

Hello!

I'm willing to spend $200 on Bricklink (Excluding shipping costs) and am wondering which set should I choose?

1) 6394 Metro Park & Service Tower

2) 10041/6390 Main Street

3) 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager

4) 928 Galaxy Explorer

However, I am open to any other suggestions that are classic-wise sets. Thanks!

I would go for 928. Both the Town sets are a bit empty for my taste, they really lose against other sets from the same time. And between the 2 Space sets, while they are both very good, but 928 is just an amazing piece of art and feels more like that 80s starfighter from Sci-Fi movies, 6985 is more the little bit clunky and bigger exploration craft.

The Dropship is obviously bigger, which means better value, but as a set, I'd go with RGS, which is more complete in terms of action and minifigs.

Personally, I would choose the AT-OT & Dropship, for the sole fact that I'm a cheapskate :laugh:

The RGS is definitely the better set, the more fun, the cooler one to customize, to swoosh around, to move your troops with. Dropship is ok basically. You get a few more pieces (what is it, about 600?) and it's more rare. Most important point could be, though, that there is never going to be another dropship. That's kind of sure. It's just too strange. For the RGS, I hate to say it cause it is my favorite set of the CW sub-theme and it should stay a unique masterpiece, but I guess there'll be an update eventually. The end of the CW series will be marked with AT-TE and RGS updates. I would bet on it, since these are the most common vehicles in the series. Still, tough choice, since 7676 is amazing.

or

I would go with the Dropship. It's obviously more pieces, and it follows the same basic design so you could use the parts towards a RGS or mod it into an RGS.

There are probably lots of sets to be recommended within your specifications. I can recommend two sets I have: 8052 Container Truck and 5893 Offroad Power. The truck from the Technic line has a motor and also lots of grey studless beams, which I find very useful for mocs in various themes. The unloading/loading of the container works very well and is fun. The Offroad Power set gives you a large amount and great variety of pieces, e.g. lots of blue. With the pieces you can build a lot. For me a space station comes to mind. The steering could be better but it works. The suspension is nice and you can play with the carriage.

Well you guys convinced me and I decided to go with both :grin:

Excellent choice!

Excellent choice!

Thank you, even if I did defeat the purpose of this topic :grin: I will try to save some money and look for a used one or one w/o figs.

Well time for a shameless double post :blush:

I picked up 7676 RGS off Bricklink. It was a used copy. It was missing the figs, but that is ok as the only one of interest to me was Commander Cody, and he is in a summer set. It was in used new condition, many polybags & set bags still unopened. Instructions yes, but I skipped the box to save on shipping. I got it for about $140. Which I think is a good deal. Thanks for helping decide everyone. I will wait until winter though to get the Dropship, (Double Points Day on BF :grin:)

Now I just need clone pilots (which are pricey on BL, ouch) and some clones and a commander, Rex maybe, but probably Wolffe this summer. :classic: And a few of the new BPs.

I owned the first RGS back in 2002 and though it was really awesome, can't wait to see how this one is.

Should I buy Lego Medieval Market Village or the Hogwarts Castle 4842?

Please help! :wink:

Well you guys convinced me and I decided to go with both :grin:

If only everything in life were that simple :look:

Congrats on your purchases thought! I am officially jealous of the AT-OT and Dropship that is soon to be yours.

If only everything in life were that simple :look:

Congrats on your purchases though! I am officially jealous of the AT-OT and Dropship that is soon to be yours.

:grin: I haven't bought the Dropship/AT-OT set just yet, I did pick up the RGS as I mentioned off BL for a decent price. I am waiting (holding off) for a double points VIP day so I can get 500+ points ($25 gift card reward).

Otherwise in the future I have a feeling when its discontinued it will be over $500.

Okay since Toys"R"Us is have that BOGO I've been thinking about getting one of the PotC sets. It'll be either 4181, 4183 or I'll wait till some of the Alien Conquest stuff gets released. What do you guys think?

Edit: I'm already getting one of 4181 so so maybe I should get one of the other $20 sets...

Edited by Masked Builder