Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

^Both are neat. I still haven't built my Sopwith Camel, but the VW is very neat. A lot of clever techniques. I'm not normally a vehicle builder, so it impressed me. To others, it might not be as big of a deal. But I liked all of the techniques and details they put into it.

When I'm torn on a big set, I watch the design videos. It usually gives me some insight into how they are.

Any sets out there right now that have a good quantity of 1xn bricks in Orange, especially in longer lengths (1x4 or longer)? I am thinking about my next MOC and the building I am thinking of replicating is big and orange so I need more orange bricks to make it work.

Lego cargo trains 60052 or 7939?

I have teh horizon express but I need PF and tracks. This is the best way to get them and have fun with my kids.

the 7939 is cheaper 20 EUR but I like the 60052 more

Thanks.

Edited by october

I'm probably going to pick up a new set within the next two weeks, need some suggestions. Nothing over $20 USD.

I'm considering a third prison carriage (they're still selling them at my local LEGO store), but not sure what else there is.

I'm thinking about getting some sets. I have a bunch of different sets I'm more or less interested in.

1) 79007 Black Gate. I already have one of these, but I want to get another one so I can make a proper Gate. I'd sell the unique figures, so I would probably bricklink some other minifigures, maybe Orcs, Battle Droids or fleshie Pirates..

2) 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina The last of the OT sets I need to get from the latest wave..

3) 79013 Lake-Town Chase & 79016 Attack on Laketown I want to get some Hobbit Displays too and I really liked this part of the movie, so I was thinking about getting these two together..

4) 79018 The Lonely Mountain The big one. But I'm not sure since I think this is gonna get lower than what I currently have found it for.. Also I'm mostly interested in Smaug, the figs are eh..

I'm thinking about getting some sets. I have a bunch of different sets I'm more or less interested in.

1) 79007 Black Gate. I already have one of these, but I want to get another one so I can make a proper Gate. I'd sell the unique figures, so I would probably bricklink some other minifigures, maybe Orcs, Battle Droids or fleshie Pirates..

2) 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina The last of the OT sets I need to get from the latest wave..

3) 79013 Lake-Town Chase & 79016 Attack on Laketown I want to get some Hobbit Displays too and I really liked this part of the movie, so I was thinking about getting these two together..

4) 79018 The Lonely Mountain The big one. But I'm not sure since I think this is gonna get lower than what I currently have found it for.. Also I'm mostly interested in Smaug, the figs are eh..

I really enjoyed the Lake-Town Chase. It might be a little small for the price, but the figures in the set are really great. I think the two sets next to each other are great. And as you said for the Lonely Mountain, there is probably a chance that it will be cheaper, as the price to piece ratio is really uneven, even with Smaug.

Crazy month this one.. Can you relate? I know you can

I spent unusual amount of real life cash on sets, and my vip points are stacking… Point to this? Ah yes, if you consider on buying some Lego, take these to consideration:

The Tumbler. Just because.. If its not sold out, chance is you might get hold of a set that you actually have a hard time pulling apart just for the parts.. Lego pulled this one off in such a classy way! And its huge..

Metalbeards sea cow! My personal favorite of the year..! The design of this thing is unparalleled. Crazy theme... And a lot of great bricks here, if you have the guts. ;)

Two very expensive and huge sets, but it gives you plenty of building time, and looks hell of a lot better on the night stand than any design classic for candlelights..! Plus it is fun to see your 25 year old friends fall out of adulthood and play with pirates again.. :)

I've seen pictures of the two Lake-Town sets in one layout and they look great together.

1) I have two Black Gates, and they do look good together. I haven't had the chance to mod them so that it's all one entrance, instead of two, but I've seen it done.

2) I have the Cantina, it's good for the unique minifigs (Greedo, Bith, new Ben, the dewback is really nice), and it's an iconic location, but the set itself isn't that great.

3) I have both the Lake-Town sets, and they look really good together. Great minifigs, captures the look of the film, and cheaper than the others, I would recommend these!

4) Don't have this one (yet), but Smaug looks good. I'd still recommend 3) mostly though.

Overall, they're all good sets for what you want, but in order, 3), 1), 4), 2), probably.

Best open-back set currently available? "Best" can mean anything you want, but I'd like something not too pricey, with great playability for my daughter and good parts for rebuilding.

I'm debating.. Simpsons House or UCS R2-D2. I know Artoo is currently out of stock online, so if it comes back I don't know. But I've seen it available elsewhere.

I love the Simpsons, so the house is a no-brainer, eventually. I'm hit/miss with SW, although this looks like a great display piece. I do have a fair amount of other SW sets, so it isn't out of context in my display area.

My daughter/wife would love the Simpsons house too, but Artoo would make a great display piece. I'm torn! (My daughter also plays with the modulars, so she has other options of play).

Crazy month this one.. Can you relate? I know you can

I spent unusual amount of real life cash on sets, and my vip points are stacking… Point to this? Ah yes, if you consider on buying some Lego, take these to consideration:

The Tumbler. Just because.. If its not sold out, chance is you might get hold of a set that you actually have a hard time pulling apart just for the parts.. Lego pulled this one off in such a classy way! And its huge..

Metalbeards sea cow! My personal favorite of the year..! The design of this thing is unparalleled. Crazy theme... And a lot of great bricks here, if you have the guts. ;)

Two very expensive and huge sets, but it gives you plenty of building time, and looks hell of a lot better on the night stand than any design classic for candlelights..! Plus it is fun to see your 25 year old friends fall out of adulthood and play with pirates again.. :)

Sea cow, it's so fun and one of the few movie sets I would consider buying. But I'm not that keen on vehicles.

Debating getting some of the older Harry Potter sets. However, I don't have a ton of room and started out of my dark ages with a focus on modulars. But I really like HP. Was thinking of the Burrow and/or Diagon Alley. Right now I think the Graveyard Duel and castle sets are a bit too pricey for me. Or should I just get a few minifigs? Advice?

Edited by DD840

What is a good set to get into Technic? I have a few dozen Bionicle sets and a few Technic sets from 8-10 years ago. What's a good set with some newer parts, beams, and panels? Preferably less than $75.

I'm debating.. Simpsons House or UCS R2-D2. I know Artoo is currently out of stock online, so if it comes back I don't know. But I've seen it available elsewhere.

I love the Simpsons, so the house is a no-brainer, eventually. I'm hit/miss with SW, although this looks like a great display piece. I do have a fair amount of other SW sets, so it isn't out of context in my display area.

My daughter/wife would love the Simpsons house too, but Artoo would make a great display piece. I'm torn! (My daughter also plays with the modulars, so she has other options of play).

All those things you've stated put into account try get the Simpsons house at some point but now I would recommend R2 seeing how much worth the last character related UCS sets have become(Darth Maul bust and Yoda) R2 should have a great worth in a few years. I have him and he is an awesome display piece with a few features.

So I would say R2 then the Simpsons as it will be around for a while longer.

I'd really like to get some Guardians of the Galaxy minifigs. I already have Rocket from the TRU promo but should I buy the milano and knowhere sets to get the minifigs or buy the figs separately? I'm not terribly keen on the vehicles, although the pod/blaster isn't bad. Any guesses if these sets will ever go on sale and I should wait? I'm in Canada so our sales are generally lousy.

^I had the same consideration. I ended up picking up Rocket from the Knowwhere set on ebay and picked up the Milano on a 30% off sale. Otherwise, it averages out to be close to $10 each depending if buying villains also.

The set itself might be okay. I haven't built it yet, but I really didn't care about getting it. Just like the Quinjet, I only bought for the figures.

Fairground mixer vs. winter village. It's driving me a bit batty - missing out on some great sets and now they are so pricey. Really wish I had been into Lego when the large carousel came out. I'm distracted by the truck parts of the fairground but is the carousel in the winter village a poor man's version of the larger carousel 10196?

I can't decide between the Mini Cooper or the VW Campervan for my next purchase. Help me decide

I can't decide between the Mini Cooper or the VW Campervan for my next purchase. Help me decide

Both are awesome sets. If you eventually want both sets, I'd recommend getting the Camper first before it retires soon - It's been out for awhile. You can always wait on the Mini-Cooper since it just came out. I got both, and they go hand-in-hand.

Fairground mixer vs. winter village. It's driving me a bit batty - missing out on some great sets and now they are so pricey. Really wish I had been into Lego when the large carousel came out. I'm distracted by the truck parts of the fairground but is the carousel in the winter village a poor man's version of the larger carousel 10196?

I don't have any experience with the large carousel set or the Fairground Mixer, but the Winter Village carousel was pretty flippin' sweet. The way the rotation mechanism was integrated, and the movement of the horses on the carousel were very well done. I had never seen something with that technique before, it was a very fun build experience. Also, the fact that it integrates with the rest of the Winter Village stuff is a bonus.