Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Get grand emporium its going to be discontinued pretty soon so you don't have much time left to get it its a good build and you'll still have plenty of time to get the pet shop.

What modular should I buy. Pet Shop or Grand emporium?

I will likely build it and display it for a few weeks or months, then break it down and MOC with it.

I don't have any of the modulars, my budget allows just one of the $150 (USD) ones.

If you're only in it for the pieces, more or less, I'd go with 10218 Pet Shop. The piece color selection is definitely better, although you get a lot of tan in the other. 10218's buildings are more interesting, to me. You may even find some new techniques in 10218.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Yesterday, I noticed that the Tower bridge set (10214) wasn't available in certain Dutch webshops, which had the set half a year ago. My question therefore is: should I buy it as soon as possible? I haven't read anything about a discontinuing, but you'll never know. Thanks in advance!

I didn't get the Highway Pickup or the Winter Village Post Office. I splurged a little more and got the Highway Transport! Don't ask me where I got a set that's been discontinued for more than 3 years! Hint: I didn't get it online.

Yesterday, I noticed that the Tower bridge set (10214) wasn't available in certain Dutch webshops, which had the set half a year ago. My question therefore is: should I buy it as soon as possible? I haven't read anything about a discontinuing, but you'll never know. Thanks in advance!

It's been out for a few years, so I don't think it will be around much longer. If you want the set, I recommend buying it now. If you are worried about missing out on a sale in the future, buy the set now and leave it in all the packaging. If it goes on sale, return your copy and buy one on sale. If it becomes discontinued before going on sale, open the one you have.

I would recommend getting the Tower Bridge sooner than later. I don't know the official discontinued date, but I read on this website that someone said it would be discontinued this summer because they were going to release a new large architecture set (the Sydney Opera House). Even if that is false, it would be available about 3 years this summer, so I'd say it will be gone soon. I just picked it up in March out of fear.

I agree with you both, I think that buying it now is the best option, atleast the safest. I saw a copy going for less than 200 euro, the ones I see nowadays are around 10 euro more expensive. Although I think that this set will be a great item for an investment, there won't be a second copy.

1.Do you think I should get a. 1 chrome c3p0 and a the gunship or the ssd-UCS?Is it worth it?

I am starting a buying plan for the mid-year toy sales, but I am torn between 76004 Spider Cycle Chase or 60007 High Speed Chase. I do plan on getting Lego City: Undercover for the Wii U, so the code will come in handy, but I do not have a Spiderman figure yet, and would really love one. Thanks in advance :wink:.

I am starting a buying plan for the mid-year toy sales, but I am torn between 76004 Spider Cycle Chase or 60007 High Speed Chase. I do plan on getting Lego City: Undercover for the Wii U, so the code will come in handy, but I do not have a Spiderman figure yet, and would really love one. Thanks in advance :wink:.

Spider cycle. 3 awesome figs and 2 very playable vehicles.

:classic:

Im going to Florida and, of course, going to the lego store! Should I get Stark mansion or Jek 14's star fighter if

they have that. Tuff call I know!

Stark mansion; more minifigures and you can always wait for the Jek set to go on sale.

Town Hall, Haunted House or Arkham Asylum?

I have all other modulars, so town hall would be logical choice (Palace Cinema could wait for now), but I dont really like it (It's too plain looking and sticks too much out of other building line. I know I would eventually have to buy it, but I had not yet completely digested itd 180 euro price.

Haunted house is great set, but I still have the grudge because of TLG increasing the price for 30 euro in last. If it would be for original price, I would already have it.

Until recently I was not even considering Arkham Asylum, which I always saw as one of those overpriced licensed sets, but after re-reading review I see that its also very well made set for city layout (I mainly purcahse sets for my future - once to be - city diorama). Plus, its 20 euro cheaper and it has great minifigs.

Hmm, choices, choices...

Town Hall, Haunted House or Arkham Asylum?

I have all other modulars, so town hall would be logical choice (Palace Cinema could wait for now), but I dont really like it (It's too plain looking and sticks too much out of other building line. I know I would eventually have to buy it, but I had not yet completely digested itd 180 euro price.

Haunted house is great set, but I still have the grudge because of TLG increasing the price for 30 euro in last. If it would be for original price, I would already have it.

Until recently I was not even considering Arkham Asylum, which I always saw as one of those overpriced licensed sets, but after re-reading review I see that its also very well made set for city layout (I mainly purcahse sets for my future - once to be - city diorama). Plus, its 20 euro cheaper and it has great minifigs.

Hmm, choices, choices...

I own Arkham and love it. Like you I wasn't going to get it but I'm glad I did. It showed some cool techniques I can use for MOCs, and the figs are great. Plus the windows are awesome.

Throwing money out the window and only going with builds, I can't really attest to most of them. However, I did build the Haunted House as a playset for my daughter. It's brilliant and we both love it. I like how it opens up like a dollhouse to play instead of having to remove the levels. I also prefer it as a complete build instead of the easy access of Arkham. But with that said, I do want the other two sets also, so that is a tough question. But even though the price isn't great for you, I think the Haunted House should be considered as a top runner. Otherwise go with Arkham because of the figures (and since you don't particularly care for Town Hall).

I'm thinking of delving into my first "UCS" type Star Wars set for my May 4 spending binge. I normally don't go for sets that expensive, but I have enough VIP points banked to make it reasonable. So my big question is which of the three sets looks to be the best starter UCS set for a newcomer. If you were just to get one for displaying which is preferred? R2D2, The B Wing or the new Red 5 X Wing?

I'm not a HUGE SW fan, but casual enough to understand the appeal of the UCS sets. Personally, I don't own any nor do I own the Death Star. Just a few iconic ships. If I were to pick up a UCS set right now, I would easily go for R2D2 because that seems more recognizable for pop culture in general. But clearly, you need to go for what you think is the best looking set since you'll be spending the money. Since I don't own any, I can't attest to the builds, but I think Artoo looks the best.

Have fun building whichever one you buy!

Definitely go with R2D2. It's a great build with lots of great techniques and it is a big model when finished, my only complaint with it is that the 3rd leg mechanism is a little finicky if the parts aren't perfectly aligned..

I did a search that turned up nothing really telling about this Creator set: 31002 Super Racer.

Bizarrely I am trying to decide between this set and the Star Wars 9488 Droid Battle Pack. I don't do Star Wars really, I just like that ARF Trooper's helmet a lot. I can get each one for the same $10. I know it's an Apples to Oranges comparison, but is there anything special or memorable about the Super Racer that I shouldn't pass up?

Thanks!

Edited by Curtis

I did a search that turned up nothing really telling about this Creator set.

Bizarrely I am trying to decide between this set and the Star Wars 9488 Droid Battle Pack. I don't do Star Wars really, I just like that ARF Trooper's helmet a lot. I can get each one for the same $10. I know it's an Apples to Oranges comparison, but is there anything special or memorable about the Super Racer that I shouldn't pass up?

Thanks!

Hi Curtis,

Due to the nature and agenda of your topic, it will be ideal for such discussion to be done here. Therefore, this topic has been moved/merged from Special LEGO Themes to the General Discussion and News forum.

Thank you.

WhiteFang

Set #9450 Epic Dragon Battle from the Ninjago series...is that a good set for someone that normally does not collect Ninjago or that kind of theme? Wouldn't even consider it usually but I'm able to get it for like $70 which is almost half of Canadian retail. Still, $70 is quite a bit to be dropping on a set I wouldn't normally care about I feel...

Set #9450 Epic Dragon Battle from the Ninjago series...is that a good set for someone that normally does not collect Ninjago or that kind of theme? Wouldn't even consider it usually but I'm able to get it for like $70 which is almost half of Canadian retail. Still, $70 is quite a bit to be dropping on a set I wouldn't normally care about I feel...

It depends on what you are really looking for in a set. What kind of stuff do you normally collect?

The main part of he set is the massive 4 headed dragon. It's an impressive build with some decently articulated sections. It has some great figs including the Green Ninja who can be hard to get. It has a fairly unremarkable small temple type structure and a big yet short not so articulated snake. There are some great snot and curve techniques on it. Overall it's a good set. If you are looking for things that display well, the Ninjago Fire Temple or Temple of Light are probably better. But the Ultimate Dragon Battle lives up to its name in terms of play fun. Much more ultimate than Iron Mans or Supermans Ultimate fights. And no fire breathing golf carts.

I did a search that turned up nothing really telling about this Creator set: 31002 Super Racer.

Thanks!

That will all come down to your preferences. For he SW set, it has 2 superb Minifigs, with amazing details and printing. And it will probably be disappearing soon as it was last years Battlepack. I am not the best to ask on the creator sets. It looks like a nice little car.

I'm thinking of delving into my first "UCS" type Star Wars set for my May 4 spending binge. I normally don't go for sets that expensive, but I have enough VIP points banked to make it reasonable. So my big question is which of the three sets looks to be the best starter UCS set for a newcomer. If you were just to get one for displaying which is preferred? R2D2, The B Wing or the new Red 5 X Wing?

The R2D2 set would be my recommendation also; it's form factor means that it could happily sit on a coffee table or computer desk (where mine is) without taking up too much space, it also has some playability built in with the retractable leg, spinning head, and various compartments on the front - so basically you get something that can be easily placed for viewing, and also reasonably easily played with that people will recognise (the leg can be a little fiddly but it's quite a smart little design to make the whole thing stable in both modes).

I think the ships you listed are cool too; for displaying purposes I think the B wing would be more eye grabbing, but on a personal level I think that the X Wing will stand the test of time better. (I'll be adding the UCS X Wing to my collection but sadly I can't really justify spending for both it and the B Wing... and all the other sets I want e.g. 10221 , 10188 etc)

Edited by Alternator

Thanks Faefrost, I tend to just collect sets, build and then display. Play a little in the beginning but that's it.