Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Hi

I'm going to the LEGO store in MK in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for a cool set to buy.

I mainly collect Superheroes but I nearly have them all. So because of this I fancy something big and challenging, but mainly I want to learn some new techniques to MOC with.

I'm looking at Arkham and any of the Modular Buildings.

Which out of those is the Best to get?

Thanks

Sam

I would say Arkham. You sound like a huge SH fan, and that has lots of cool minifigs and has cool techniques.

What would be a good TMNT to start out with?

What would be a good TMNT to start out with?

Not sure how much you're looking to spend, but I recommend

79101 Shredders Dragon Bike

79102 Stealth Shell

79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase

With those three you get all 4 Turtles, Shredder, Dogpound, Fishface, a Kraang bot & 3 Foot. That's a great assortment of main characters, just missing April and Splinter.

I'd recommend the Turtle Lair Attack set. I only purchased Kraang's Lab Escape, Shredder's Bike, and Turtle Lair to get all 4 turtles, Splinter and Shredder with a few foot soldiers. I haven't watched the show, so I can't attest to how well the others are and I didn't care about the villains other than Shredder.

But with the Lair you get some good turtles, some villains, and Splinter (since he's exclusive to this set).

Okay. Odd ball from me lads. Its my birthday this month and I am allowed by misses shadowhearth to spend little bit of money on Lego! Awesome!

So I already putting away money to buy lotr Urakai army, weathertop and Gendolf arrives to finish my lotr collection .

I have few euro left in budget and here is what I am looking for: I need some small or few sets. I want then purely for building and have a mini challenge for myself. Challenge as in getting back to childhood and do mocs from limited parts.

So budget is about 40-50eu. Can be few sets or one. Has to be car oriented. Good piece count and I dont care about mini figs at all. Preferably from Amazon as we get free shipping in Ireland.

Okay. Odd ball from me lads. Its my birthday this month and I am allowed by misses shadowhearth to spend little bit of money on Lego! Awesome!

So I already putting away money to buy lotr Urakai army, weathertop and Gendolf arrives to finish my lotr collection .

I have few euro left in budget and here is what I am looking for: I need some small or few sets. I want then purely for building and have a mini challenge for myself. Challenge as in getting back to childhood and do mocs from limited parts.

So budget is about 40-50eu. Can be few sets or one. Has to be car oriented. Good piece count and I dont care about mini figs at all. Preferably from Amazon as we get free shipping in Ireland.

For a challenge, I would look at the Architecture sets. But you say cars, then at $14 bucks, I think you would love this set.

Hey everyone, this has been a really big dilemma recently for me. The Lord of the Rings line has gotten me back into LEGO, as I am a huge fan of Tolkien’s works. However, after seeing the upcoming summer wave of lotr sets, there are so many different options for sets to buy!! I can only spend about $100, so I just want you guys’ feedback on which set(s) you would choose:

1 1. Pirate Ship Ambush (99.99)

2. 2. Council of Elrond, Uruk-hai Army, and Escape fr/mirkwood spiders (all 29.99)

3. 3. Battle at the Black Gate (59.99), Uruk-Hai Army (29.99)

4. 4. Mines of Moria (79.99), Shelob Attacks (19.99)

You guys can see teasers/reviews for these sets on brickshowtv, and again I really need help deciding, so any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hey everyone, this has been a really big dilemma recently for me. The Lord of the Rings line has gotten me back into LEGO, as I am a huge fan of Tolkien’s works. However, after seeing the upcoming summer wave of lotr sets, there are so many different options for sets to buy!! I can only spend about $100, so I just want you guys’ feedback on which set(s) you would choose:

1 1. Pirate Ship Ambush (99.99)

2. 2. Council of Elrond, Uruk-hai Army, and Escape fr/mirkwood spiders (all 29.99)

3. 3. Battle at the Black Gate (59.99), Uruk-Hai Army (29.99)

4. 4. Mines of Moria (79.99), Shelob Attacks (19.99)

You guys can see teasers/reviews for these sets on brickshowtv, and again I really need help deciding, so any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am a Lotr head too. I presume you got the Helms deep already? If you dont, then i would advice to get few extra bucks and get that first, before you get anything else. If you do own it already, then Urakai is a must to go with it. When that is sorted then Black Gate is just Plain awesome. I am not as excited for ship as much as i am excited for the Black gate. You get great minifigs and the Gate itself looks quite cool.

Number 3 is way to go if you already have Helm's Deep. If you don't have Helm's Deep, then get it. If you don't have deep enough pockets for Helm's Deep then I would go with number 2. :wink:

Considering LOTR is actually about Sam being the hero, you are doing yourself a disservice by not getting Shelob in some form. Shelob is a great build when finished and the best looking brick-built creature TLG has put out. Everyone raves about Uruk-Hai army and you do get some good Uruk-hais as a villain, but I wasn't as in love with that set as everyone else. Black Gate would be good for the exclusive figures for sure.

I don't really have an answer out of those choices since everything LOTR is good. I would just buy them all and be done with it. Money does grow on trees after all...

I'm stuck about what to buy:

I'm a Lego Star Wars collector and am not sure about which sets to get later this year:

1. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (£20)

2. Advent Calendar 2013 and Endor Rebel and Imperial Battle Pack (£35)

I don't really mind whether I get the droid itself or the mini-models from the Advent Calendar. The only qualm is Jango. I don't want two Jangos and neither do I want a Jango-head on a Mando body... (I also have Mandalorian Battle Pack)

I'd go with the Corporate Alliance set; to me, advent calendars are most of the time not worth what you pay for it, and you can always get the Endor battlepack later.

For a challenge, I would look at the Architecture sets. But you say cars, then at $14 bucks, I think you would love this set.

the one theme i totally HATE and you suggesting it to me! :laugh:

I was thinking maybe off "high speed chase"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0094J10J8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatch-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0094J10J8

And

"Highway speeder"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0094J2XJY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatch-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0094J2XJY

This Combo would be a start? anyone think off better combo or sets?

I'd go with the Corporate Alliance set; to me, advent calendars are most of the time not worth what you pay for it, and you can always get the Endor battlepack later.

But after looking at the promos, this one will be. All the minifigs apart from the Endor trooper and Scout Trooper are from AOTC, and I'm collecting AOTC sets. Also, the mini-models are cool :classic: . But I would only get the Endor Battlepack if I got the Calendar.

"Highway speeder"

When you mentioned cars, this was the set I instantly thought of. To get a better look at the set and to get an overall feel for it, check the review of it in Special, if you haven't already.

I typically only get Creator houses, but after reading the review I'm going to be buying it as well.

But after looking at the promos, this one will be. All the minifigs apart from the Endor trooper and Scout Trooper are from AOTC, and I'm collecting AOTC sets. Also, the mini-models are cool :classic: . But I would only get the Endor Battlepack if I got the Calendar.

Hmm. Well in that case maybe wait a couple months for more news on the Calendar to come out before making a decision? I'm sure the other sets will still be on the shelves by then or longer.

I need some help not completely sure i should be posting this here but here goes nothing. I need you guys (and gals) help find set 7783 (2007 batcave) Im making a model of gotham city and i have the b-cave already but i need to find this one for cheap. So if someone is selling one or knows someone selling one for cheap i would be quite greatful for the gesture of kindness PLEASE HELP i want to build this model so bad i already i have a ton of custom minifigs to put in it. Thank you

I need some help not completely sure i should be posting this here but here goes nothing. I need you guys (and gals) help find set 7783 (2007 batcave) Im making a model of gotham city and i have the b-cave already but i need to find this one for cheap. So if someone is selling one or knows someone selling one for cheap i would be quite greatful for the gesture of kindness PLEASE HELP i want to build this model so bad i already i have a ton of custom minifigs to put in it. Thank you

I think the Buy Sell Trade forum would be a better spot to ask than here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=16

thanks like i said wasn't sure still new here

Edited by sever

I'm sure this will get moved but you should take a look at Bricklink. They have a few copies of the set, but you will have to pay a good amount to get it.

Im going to charlotte like next week there's a mall there with a Lego store my budget will probably be around 150 or so any ideas?

Hi all,

Every Easter I usually get myself a LEGO set of some sort, I have recently got 2 Modular Buildings for my Town. I have the 10224 Town Hall and 10197 Fire Brigade. I am planning to get another some time next week/week after. I need some advice on which one to buy, my options are:

-10232 Palace Cinema

-10211 Grand Emporium

-10218 Pet Shop

I all like them equally and am not bothered by a extra £10 here and there.

Thanks,

-DL

Edited by Darthluke824

Hi all,

Every Easter I usually get myself a LEGO set of some sort, I have recently got 2 Modular Buildings for my Town. I have the 10224 Town Hall and 10197 Fire Brigade. I am planning to get another some time next week/week after. I need some advice on which one to buy, my options are:

-10232 Palace Cinema

-10211 Grand Emporium

-10218 Pet Shop

Thanks,

-DL

Grand Emporium will be the next to be retired (after Fire Brigade) and is a truly great looking building with lots of interesting architecture. It would be my first choice for that reason. But there are no bad Modulars.

Im going to charlotte like next week there's a mall there with a Lego store my budget will probably be around 150 or so any ideas?

Have you already followed through with your previous plan of Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit, etc.?

Do you have 10937- Arkham Asylum Breakout yet? You mentioned the Batcave so you must be into Batman. Arkham is an awesome set with many cool details and and features. Amazing build.

We need more info to go off. As Leo said, 9516 Jabbas Palace and 75004 Rancor Pit are a good combo. Judging by your avatar.

Hi all,

-10232 Palace Cinema

-10211 Grand Emporium

-10218 Pet Shop

Thanks,

-DL

This is an easy question to answer. In cases like this, you always get the first to be retired, since you like them all equally. So, 10211 Grand Emporium is the way to go. You won't be disappointed with it or any Modular, for that reason.

Edited by Legocrazy81