Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Now my question!

White Boba Fett or Chrome Darth Vader? About the same price, same coolness. Would love to know what you guys think! :sweet:

I have both, and without a doubt the Chrome Vader is better. More pieces, much nicer to look at, and the White Fett is China plastic. Plus as a guy who likes canon things, I can appreciate that the Chrome Vader augments my MOCs that should have Vader in it, by truly capturing his shiny armor look, while the White Fett is really just a display thing unless you plan to color him or use his pieces for other custom minifigs. (both of which I would never do)

and the White Fett is China plastic.

Decision made!

It was pretty fifty-fifty for me until you guys raved about the chrome which decided it for me. And chinese plastic just isnt really ideal for a high price minifig like this.

Maybe I can win a White Boba in the raffle though? :devil: That would make the decision pretty easy. :tongue:

I didn't know the White Boba Fett was china plastic, that is a travesty! :hmpf_bad: I would expect for a rare promo fig they would have had the decency not to use china plastic.

I didn't know the White Boba Fett was china plastic, that is a travesty! :hmpf_bad: I would expect for a rare promo fig they would have had the decency not to use china plastic.

I'm not sure about the SDCC ones, but mine are the polybagged ones from LEGO Star Wars Weekend (at LLC, if that changes anything), and the legs, hips, torso, and arms are definitely the China Plastic.

I'm not sure about the SDCC ones, but mine are the polybagged ones from LEGO Star Wars Weekend (at LLC, if that changes anything), and the legs, hips, torso, and arms are definitely the China Plastic.

Hmm interesting on where the components are made does it say, China? I will check mine when I get it.

Hmm interesting on where the components are made does it say, China? I will check mine when I get it.

Denmark and China. Presumably the polybag is Danish, and I'm sure the helmet-backpack and blaster are European plastic. The hands look the same as any others on the outside, but the inner part of the hand is very shiny, so I'm thinking it too is a Denmark piece.

Well I got mine today the poly bag was smaller than I expected and a good quality. However, yes sadly China and Denmark as listed. :cry_sad: Hopefully like you said we can assume that the helmet and torso are European plastic. The two most important parts. The legs and arms are minimal but I don't like this whole china plastic Shananagins :hmpf_bad:

Hopefully like you said we can assume that the helmet and torso are European plastic.

Um, my torso definitely looks Chinese. Edited by Brickdoctor

For my next trip to the local Lego Store in May, I'm trying to decide between two particular sets: 7938 Passenger Train and 10219 Maersk Train.

I can't afford both, so I must choose only one. Typically, I tend not to buy Lego sets priced over $100, but I have $20 worth of VIP points saved up from smaller purchases over the last couple of years, and I believe some of those points expire at the end of this year. Due to the VIP points, both of these sets now reach a more affordable status (7938 becomes $109.99 and 10219 becomes $99.99).

My dilemma:

1. I want my "big" Lego purchase to be a train set since the last (and only) train I got was 4563 from the early 1990's. It's time for my town to receive a new train. Previously, I was going to buy the Queen Anne's Revenge until I saw enough pics of the lack of a detailed interior to become disappointed.

2. Since I already have a freight train, I had hoped to get a passenger train next, and although 7938 isn't my favorite of the passenger trains made in the last decade, it's recently grown on me. 7938 also has the advantages of offering me an introduction to power functions trains as well as providing plenty of the new non-9volt track to go with all the straight track I collected via buying multiples of the Level Crossing set.

3. Getting the Maersk Train means adding a second freight train to my town so I'm not really adding true variety, but at the same time, 10219 is a more visually appealing train than 7938. I can easily accept sacrificing the acquisition of track and power functions for gaining this impressive train, in which case I will most likely swap the 9volt motor from my 4563 and run the Maersk Train on my original 9volt track. (I only own enough track to operate one train at a time anyway.) The Maersk Train also has a "special-ness" factor to it as it feels more unique or rare in a way compared to the Passenger Train, giving it an extra value as a collector's Lego set.

So, I'm at a standstill. They're both equal in my eyes at the moment, and I suppose it's an issue of determining which is more important: form (Maersk Train) or function (Passenger Train).

I don't have either of those sets but if I had to pick one I would pick the Maersk. I plan to buy that and the yellow cargo train and then convert the Tram from Public City Transport as my passenger train.

Edited by Macoco

Out of Maersk Train and Passenger Train, I'm gonna say get the Maersk set.

Hi all. I'm currently working on my first City based MOC and it's going to require lots of white one stud wide bricks (of varying lengths), it's a large, modern, predominantly white building. I have the Creator Apple Tree House, which has given me a good selection of parts to get me started, but I still need quite a few more.

I would rather not buy precise parts from Pick-a-Brick as it would be nice to have a collection of sets to build with the kids in future. With that in mind, are there any good sets out there (present or recent past) that might give me a good supply of white bricks? I've had a good look around but am still not sure, another Apple Tree House is a possibility, but I guess there may be something from leftfield like a Star Wars set with lots of white...?

like a Star Wars set with lots of white...?

The Wampa Cave has plenty of white, but most of it is slopes and plates. There are quite a few 1 x 2 x 5 bricks, but not enough to justify the price.

I don't have either of those sets but if I had to pick one I would pick the Maersk. I plan to buy that and the yellow cargo train and then convert the Tram from Public City Transport as my passenger train.

I hadn't previously considered using the Public Transport's tram in the place of having a Passenger Train. (I do already own a Public Transport, but have yet to put it together.) Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Actually, I also reconsidered the advantage of using my VIP points on the Passenger Train. It may be more cost-effective to apply those points to the Maersk Train due to the set's exclusivity at the Lego store whereas the Passenger Train can be found elsewhere (TRU) where a BOGO 50% sale at the end of the year may save me more on that set.

Hmmm debating on this problem.

I am trying to complete my EP3 collection but need help in either picking the remakes or originals. Such as these:

Clone Turbo Tank $100-250 used to new

ARC-160 40-100 used to new

Droid Trifighter 14-60 used to new

whereas the new ones are $110, $60 and $25

I am not really a CW fan but the vehicles are very similar.

I'd go with the old CTT, and the new Trifighter, but I don't have much knowledge about the ARC-170. From what I can tell, the new one seems more structurally sound, but the old one is more detailed with a more complete minifig lineup.

The old CTT is definitely better than the new one, unless you're buying it for Aayla. Don't know much about the Tri-fighter, but I think the new one is better. The new ARC-170 has a better minifig lineup and looks sleeker.

I have a few choices, not all of them Lego

Fire Brigade

Maersk Train

Maersk Ship

Bank and money transfer

Some old City set from ebay or bricklink

Camera

You can choose one or combine any two LEGO sets. It is an important decision for my pockets.

I have a few choices, not all of them Lego

Fire Brigade

Maersk Train

Maersk Ship

Bank and money transfer

Some old City set from ebay or bricklink

Camera

You can choose one or combine any two LEGO sets. It is an important decision for my pockets.

I'd go Fire Brigade... wish I had the change to put down for it. Probably my favorite of all the modular buildings, to be honest.

Cad Bane's Speeder or the Dragon Knight Outpost? Or another $50 USD set?

I'd go with the old CTT, and the new Trifighter, but I don't have much knowledge about the ARC-170. From what I can tell, the new one seems more structurally sound, but the old one is more detailed with a more complete minifig lineup.

The old CTT is definitely better than the new one, unless you're buying it for Aayla. Don't know much about the Tri-fighter, but I think the new one is better. The new ARC-170 has a better minifig lineup and looks sleeker.

Hmm thanks! That is interesting out of all those I thought the new CTT would be the one (bah about aayla :tongue:) , guess not but I always liked the original better as long as I can get the non LUL mace version.

I am stuck on the ARC and Tri-fighter, both are updated and built better, but I dislike the fig selection for the ARC. 3 plain clone pilots and the R2 unit would have been prefect instead we get 2 others. The new clone pilots are nice but the old ones are pretty good still (for a first attempt).

Hi,

I have a little dilemma. I have budget for one more lego set. The 2 options are the Imperial Flagship 10210 or the Emerald night 10194.

I will eventualy buy both probably, but I would like to buy the set that would not go out for sale in the next 6 months.

I am a train collector, but the last pirate ship is a must have also...

Hi,

I have a little dilemma. I have budget for one more lego set. The 2 options are the Imperial Flagship 10210 or the Emerald night 10194.

I will eventualy buy both probably, but I would like to buy the set that would not go out for sale in the next 6 months.

I am a train collector, but the last pirate ship is a must have also...

The Emerald Night is going anytime now, I would get that first. I would get two of them!

Hi guys!

I have a dilemma, I want both the POP ostrich race and the PQ mummy battle pack

I'd buy the ostrich race because:

-The Figs are cool

-It has some rare elements

-The design is cool

-Ostriches!!!!!

I'd buy the mummy battle pack because:

-I had my dark ages when the adventurers desert was out so I didn't get any coffins.

-The figs are cool

I want both but if I buy one, I might not be able to find the other when I have the money.

Help would be appreatiated! :classic: