Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

So out of Naboo and Skeleton Bowling, I'd go with Naboo, despite my hatred of BDs. It's just so much cooler IMO.

Hey everyone,

I am getting more and more tempted by Ninjago but am not quite sure where to start - this seems to be a theme comprising models and games, I can't quite figure(!) anyway, can anyone suggest where to start with it? Maybe the ambush or dragon?

Thanks for any advice!

I am getting more and more tempted by Ninjago but am not quite sure where to start - this seems to be a theme comprising models and games, I can't quite figure(!) anyway, can anyone suggest where to start with it? Maybe the ambush or dragon?

Merged your topic in here.

This is my simple advise. For a start, I think getting the small sets will help to get yourself familiar with this theme. Otherwise, the Ice Dragon is also another nice medium set. Get both sets, if possible. I will prefer these, unlike the other Ninjago sets.

I think Ninjago is really intended as a game theme, with cards and spinners. For that, I recommend the Starter set with two figs, two spinners, the small arena, and cards.

For building or for pieces, the small sets are great - like 2516 Ninja Training Outpost. The Ice Dragon Attack (2260) is not a bad model either, as well as the Skull Motorbike (2259). These sets are all less than $20 (USD) making them affordable and nice introductory sets.

I think Ninjago is really intended as a game theme, with cards and spinners. For that, I recommend the Starter set with two figs, two spinners, the small arena, and cards.

But, if you don't have friends/kids to play with, then it is quite pointless. I don't think I will have anyone beside me and shout "NINJAGO". :sadnew:

For building or for pieces, the small sets are great - like 2516 Ninja Training Outpost. The Ice Dragon Attack (2260) is not a bad model either, as well as the Skull Motorbike (2259). These sets are all less than $20 (USD) making them affordable and nice introductory sets.

I concur!

I brought the Skull Moterbike and Ninja Ambush. You do not get many skellies so a quick trip to my casle sets I have 3 more skellies! I recomond giving the castle skeletons some weapons though because they look quite bare compared to all the other ones.

Pompommini out :classic:

I've gotten all of the smaller Ninjago sets and I say they're all great buys. Now I will say that I don't have any of the spinners but I really don't think they're worth the price.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for any advice!

I guess it depends on if you're planning on playing the game or not. Me, I don't care about the game at all, so I'm in it for the minifigs and accessories. For me, I started with 2516 - Ninja Training Outpost. Just one minifig, but it has lots of weapons. 2258 Ninja Ambush is nice if you want a skeleton minifig, but doesn't have as many weapons, although it does have a golden sickle. When I saw 2260 - Ice Dragon, I couldn't resist. It's a really cool model and I'm very happy with it. I like it because it has a mix of Bionicle style parts and traditional Lego parts rather than just one or the other.

Just want a few sets, (name - price - reason). Help me narrow them!

Turbo Shredder - 30 - the treads/wheels + black/purple parts)

Mandorians BP - 12 -BLUE

Clone Troopers BP - 12 - The Helmets

Guardian of the Deep - 15/17 - Black parts

Police Minifig Collection - 9 - new dog, swing door, and crowbar

I guess it depends on if you're planning on playing the game or not. Me, I don't care about the game at all, so I'm in it for the minifigs and accessories. For me, I started with 2516 - Ninja Training Outpost. Just one minifig, but it has lots of weapons. 2258 Ninja Ambush is nice if you want a skeleton minifig, but doesn't have as many weapons, although it does have a golden sickle. When I saw 2260 - Ice Dragon, I couldn't resist. It's a really cool model and I'm very happy with it. I like it because it has a mix of Bionicle style parts and traditional Lego parts rather than just one or the other.

Thanks for the advice and indeed to all those who have offered advice on Ninjago! I think I'm going to try the smaller sets (not the game as such) and see how things go from there...

Hi

I would like some advice on which harbor I should get. It's between http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6542-1 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6541-1 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7994-1 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4645-1

I have all CG sets from 2007/8 but I could get the older one(s) used on BL for cheaper. BTW if anyone has any of these for sale please PM me.

I have a very hard time trying to decide wheter to buy the Green Grocer or the Fire Brigade. I like them both very much but I thought maybe some of you have both sets and can tell me which they like better and why. This will be my first (and for now only) modular building. I know the Fire Brigade has an better (more) interior but the outside of the Green Grocer looks more 'alive'. I hope you guys can help me with some extra information!

btw the price isn't an issue because the Fire Brigade is 157 euro and the Green Grocer is 170 euro.

I'd get Green Grocer if all else is equal. Not only is it probably the best of all the modular buildings, it's also out of production and prices for it are only likely to get higher.

btw the price isn't an issue because the Fire Brigade is 157 euro and the Green Grocer is 170 euro.

Well since green grocer has been discontinued on Lego site and is only going to go up in price, if you ever want it, get it now. Otherwise the FireBrigae has a nice set of features and a good building style.

Thank you both for answering so quickly. I know the Green Grocer will be more expensive in a short time but I think I will only buy one of these sets (I haven't got the money to collect them all) so rising prices are not that of an issue. I'm leaning towards the Green Grocer because I thought I could make some interior myself (maybe copying it from the Fire Brigade) to make the interior as good as the Fire Brigade.

Edited by mcbbvb

Thank you both for answering so quickly. I know the Green Grocer will be more expensive in a short time but I think I will only buy one of these sets (I haven't got the money to collect them all) so rising prices are not that of an issue. I'm leaning towards the Green Grocer because I thought I could make some interior myself (maybe copying it from the Fire Brigade) to make the interior as good as the Fire Brigade.

I must say that I find the Fire brigade more fun to build. The Fire brigade also comes with a very cute Fire Truck.

Besides that the Green grocer isnt even in stock anymore in some country (FE Netherlands). But if its still available you should buy the GG, the FB will probably be on sale for at least a year. The GG wont! So there is plenty of time left to save money :tongue: and buy the FB later

Edited by Izy

I have a very hard time trying to decide wheter to buy the Green Grocer or the Fire Brigade. I like them both very much .....

Topic merged.

I must say that I find the Fire brigade more fun to build. The Fire brigade also comes with a very cute Fire Truck.

Besides that the Green grocer isnt even in stock anymore in some country (FE Netherlands). But if its still available you should buy the GG, the FB will probably be on sale for at least a year. The GG wont! So there is plenty of time left to save money :tongue: and buy the FB later

I'm also Dutch (Ik kom uit Den Haag) and wanted to buy the Fire Brigade and looked for internet shops that sell them and found one shop where they have 5 Green Grocer's left for 170 euro with free shipping. I've just send them an email to make sure they still have them. I think I will buy the Green Grocer and hope to save some money for the Fire Brigade.

Topic merged.

Sorry I didn't know there was a general topic about this. Will look better next time!

Edited by mcbbvb

Hi

I would like some advice on which harbor I should get. It's between http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6542-1 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6541-1 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7994-1 http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4645-1

I have all CG sets from 2007/8 but I could get the older one(s) used on BL for cheaper. BTW if anyone has any of these for sale please PM me.

I would choose 6542-1 since it has 2 boats, a nice looking crane, and lots of minifigs.

What current or upcoming sets have more than average greenery? (I worded it that way because I know there really doesn't exist many sets that I would say have a lot of greenery.) I'm talking about leaves, plants, flowers, palm fronds, those big leaf pieces, etc.

What current or upcoming sets have more than average greenery? (I worded it that way because I know there really doesn't exist many sets that I would say have a lot of greenery.) I'm talking about leaves, plants, flowers, palm fronds, those big leaf pieces, etc.

Not a lot of sets focus on greenery. If you purchase smaller sets in bulk that might net you a higher ratio of greenery to price. But probably not worth it unless you also like those minifigs too.

But I know the Medieval Market Village has a nice big tree. And the Lego Creator houses usually have a brickbuilt shrub or tree. And some potted plants. But I am sure you could use those multi colored cones and studs for foliage too. I think it would be nice if you had a variety of foliage. Brick built, plate built, and those specialized foliage pieces.

Right now for Creator line there is:

Winter Toy Shop with two of those specialized trees, and one giant brickbuilt christmas tree.

Winter Village Bakery has 4 specialized trees and a pond (could help break up the greenery).

Log Cabin has a brickuilt tree and it also has those tooth plates for leaves.

Apple Tree house has a small sized brickbuilt tree along with two brickbuilt shrubs. And a few potted plants.